UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is such a strange thing to say.

She might as well have said 'I'd have preferred a packet of crisps but ah well I'll eat it'

I think it's tactless

JMO
Is that not something to do with her thyroid issues? I have a relative with similar and I'm sure she's mentioned something to do with chocolate in relation to it.

JMO

Things that I think are insignificant! :)

Chocolate & crisps
The tentative start of a possible relationship
Googling haemophilia
Wearing her hair in a bun
Saying she likes things tidy
Saying 'shut up'
Her colleague saying 'OK'.
Discussing holidays.

Probably more I suspect!

Last edited:
Is that not something to do with her thyroid issues? I have a relative with similar and I'm sure she's mentioned something to do with chocolate in relation to it.
But it shows tactlessness, would you agree?

You know, if your friend gave you something to cheer you up would you say anything about it is a shame, unless you were allergic to it or diabetic or something?

We've seen other examples of tactlessness with parents of the babies and people say we don't know 100% it was her, but here we can say it is definitely her.

Tact is to do with a care for other people.

It is very relevant to understand a person on trial, as much as possible. Her personality is behind everything she does, whether that is directly connected with alleged crimes or not.

IMO

And to answer your question I have been hypothyroid for 20 years and I have never had a problem with chocolate or been advised not to eat it, but I am sure there will be someone somewhere who says it causes them problems. :)

JMO

Chocolate & crisps
Googling haemophilia
Saying 'shut up'
Discussing holidays.

Probably more I suspect!

Calling herself 'Serious Lucy'. Followed by 2 !!

When I read that, I instinctively thought an 'in' joke between the two of them, that maybe he'd teased her before about being or looking so serious (maybe with her hair in a bun, maybe a default facial expression she has) and it was a nod to that, her having a laugh at herself. It had that sort of knowingness about it.

Nothing remotely imo to do with her trying to impress him, as has been suggested. On the contrary.

You know, if your friend gave you something to cheer you up would you say anything about it is a shame, unless you were allergic to it or diabetic or something?

We've seen other examples of tactlessness with parents of the babies and people say we don't know 100% it was her, but here we can say it is definitely her.

Tact is to do with a care for other people.

It is very relevant to understand a person on trial, as much as possible. Her personality is behind everything she does, whether that is directly connected with alleged crimes or not.

IMO

And to answer your question I have been hypothyroid for 20 years and I have never had a problem with chocolate or been advised not to eat it, but I am sure there will be someone somewhere who says it causes them problems.

is tactless. I reckon she’s nev really dated before at least on the long term. That alo with being non socially minded. Find the choc thing funny tbh, if tht were me I wouldn’t be saying I don’t like ur gift lol. Esp if I was thinking to date them.

does anyone know which babies have autopsies? I’m just wondering if one of the clearer examples of proof of AE might be obtained in any of them.

is tactless. I reckon she’s nev really dated before at least on the long term. That alo with being non socially minded. Find the choc thing funny tbh, if tht were me I wouldn’t be saying I don’t like ur gift lol. Esp if I was thinking to date them.

does anyone know which babies have autopsies? I’m just wondering if one of the clearer examples of proof of AE might be obtained in any of them.
Have a look at opening speech for child O.

autopsy -
Dr Andreas Marnerides, the reviewing pathologist, thought that the liver injuries were most likely the result of impact type trauma and not the result of CPR.
He thought that the excess air via the NGT was likely to have led to stimulation of the vagal nerve which has an effect on heart rate and would have compromised Child O's breathing.
He could not say whether it was either of these factors in isolation or in combination which caused Child O's death.
He certified the cause of death to be “Inflicted traumatic injury to the liver and profound gastric and intestinal distension following acute excessive injection or infusion of air via a naso-gastric tube” and air embolus.

In police interview, Letby said she had responded to child O's alarm at 1.15pm and found he had vomited.
She responded first at 2.40pm and discovered mottling all over with purple blotches and red rash.

more details here -
Recap: Prosecution opens trial of Lucy Letby accused of Countess of Chester Hospital baby murders

Have a look at opening speech for child O.

autopsy -
Dr Andreas Marnerides, the reviewing pathologist, thought that the liver injuries were most likely the result of impact type trauma and not the result of CPR.
He thought that the excess air via the NGT was likely to have led to stimulation of the vagal nerve which has an effect on heart rate and would have compromised Child O's breathing.
He could not say whether it was either of these factors in isolation or in combination which caused Child O's death.
He certified the cause of death to be “Inflicted traumatic injury to the liver and profound gastric and intestinal distension following acute excessive injection or infusion of air via a naso-gastric tube” and air embolus.

In police interview, Letby said she had responded to child O's alarm at 1.15pm and found he had vomited.
She responded first at 2.40pm and discovered mottling all over with purple blotches and red rash.

more details here -
Recap: Prosecution opens trial of Lucy Letby accused of Countess of Chester Hospital baby murders
I’m wondering if we have any details about who the coroner was for child p. I might have thought that now ll is definitely being looked at differently there would have been a more thorough investigation into any deaths or collapses that were unexpected.

just that if the same coroner for child o also did child p his original cod was prematurity. I think it might be dr evans who changed it.

Calling herself 'Serious Lucy'. Followed by 2 !!

When I read that, I instinctively thought an 'in' joke between the two of them, that maybe he'd teased her before about being or looking so serious (maybe with her hair in a bun, maybe a default facial expression she has) and it was a nod to that, her having a laugh at herself. It had that sort of knowingness about it.

Nothing remotely imo to do with her trying to impress him, as has been suggested. On the contrary.

Yes, that definitely belongs on my list!

Does anyone know what "acide reaction" means?

re 15th June -

Child N was transferred to nursery room 1 at 8am.
A note is made on the resiting of the NG Tube - 'NG resited in right nostril with acide reaction.

Recap: Lucy Letby trial, Thursday, March 2
Do you mean:
Infant Acid Reflux?

It happens when stomach contents move back up from the stomach into esophagus.
But hey, Im not a medic.

JMO

I really don't think so. And remember, we're talking about a guy who's offered her his car to drive home in, a guy who says he'll pick it up in the morning if she takes him up on the offer ie. a no fuss guy, a guy she clearly already has at the very least a good working friendship with. You don't just offer the use of your car to some random person you might want to get to know better. On the basis of that, I'd say he's unlikely to be someone who'd take his chocolate rejection to heart. And it wasn't even rejection! She said '...but on this occasion....' (or words to that effect).

Something and nothing really imo.

Do you mean:
Infant Acid Reflux?

It happens when stomach contents move back up from the stomach into esophagus.
But hey, Im not a medic.

JMO
I don't think it is.

It was a misspelling by court reporter, we've managed to establish that it was a test for acid in the stomach after re-siting the tube.

I think this is such a strange thing to say.

She might as well have said 'I'd have preferred a packet of crisps but ah well I'll eat it'

I think it's tactless

JMO
Objection!
(in American style haha)

She wrote the truth, nothing tactless :)
Besides, didn't she make sacrifice eating it after all?
Because he gave it to her?

JMO

JMO

Chocolate & crisps
Googling haemophilia
Saying 'shut up'
Discussing holidays.

Probably more I suspect!
They are quite significant IMO
Because they bring us closer to getting to know her as a person, not only a defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEYN0W