UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. They're just unremarkable things to say & do. I'm not sure it's our place to be getting to know her as a person in any case.
Oh!
I read soooo many posts here complaining we know nothing of her as a person.
I like to form a picture of somebody from little details.
She is a woman of flesh and blood - not some elusive phantom.
JMO

Oh!
JMO
Exactly we all have different motivations for being here. Some are interested in the psychology of (alleged) criminals, others like to play juror and/or detective, and I'm sure others are interested in all aspects, including the law and justice system.

JMO

Calling herself 'Serious Lucy'. Followed by 2 !!

When I read that, I instinctively thought an 'in' joke between the two of them, that maybe he'd teased her before about being or looking so serious (maybe with her hair in a bun, maybe a default facial expression she has) and it was a nod to that, her having a laugh at herself. It had that sort of knowingness about it.

Nothing remotely imo to do with her trying to impress him, as has been suggested. On the contrary.

I think that may have been my post. If so you've completely misinterpreted what I was saying.I wasn't saying that merely referring to herself as "Serious Lucy" was done to try and impress him. He would have to be very easily impressed for that to be the case!

It was the resus itself, and then her pointing out afterwards how calm she was compared to the other "faffing" nurse, that may have been done to impress him .. IF guilty, and if, as the prosecution allege, she caused the collapse that led to that resus, in the first place.

All IMO, if guilty, etc.

Oh!
JMO

Well, you won't find anything out from all that trivia!

And to answer your question I have been hypothyroid for 20 years and I have never had a problem with chocolate or been advised not to eat it, but I am sure there will be someone somewhere who says it causes them problems. :)

Maybe she just is savory over sweet? I am. And you clearly are too, with your crisp-over-chocolate preference. If someone trying to get in my good books (and elsewhere ;)) left me a pack of crisps, they'd be in with a chance.

If they left me a 'family' pack of crisps (and I want to say six but my mind goes to 24 12), then I'd be looking at them with serious interest.

Just saying. :D

Well, you won't find anything out from all that trivia!

Personal opinion though isn't it. We know that from all the thousands of texts she must've sent in that year, the ones we are hearing, have been included for a reason. So it's just people trying to work out what their relevance might be . I'm sure later in the trial, we'll all have an Aha moment where it all makes sense and we can see exactly why certain texts were included. God I hope so, anyway!!

Personal opinion though isn't it. We know that from all the thousands of texts she must've sent in that year, the ones we are hearing, have been included for a reason. So it's just people trying to work out what their relevance might be . I'm sure later in the trial, we'll all have an Aha moment where it all makes sense and we can see exactly why certain texts were included. God I hope so, anyway!!
You and me both!

Besides, we laypersons are at disadvantage when medics here juggle all important incomprehensible jargon lol.
It is nice to squeeze opinions here - now and then :)

Yes, and sometimes I think they've shown her texting purely to show how unoccupied she was with her babies. That convo with the doctor was a particularly long one, while life was in the balance for baby N, and I think they've even left out some parts by all accounts. JMO

Yes, and sometimes I think they've shown her texting purely to show how unoccupied she was with her babies. That convo with the doctor was a particularly long one, while life was in the balance for baby N, and I think they've even left out some parts by all accounts. JMO

True, though I will be really miffed if the Drs message about how pretty the flowers are in Cockington in springtime, ends up having some hidden significance!

Exactly we all have different motivations for being here. Some are interested in the psychology of (alleged) criminals, others like to play juror and/or detective, and I'm sure others are interested in all aspects, including the law and justice system.

JMO
For me, it's all about the psychology, looking for clues to possible motivation, etc.

If she is found
Not Guilty,
will she ever work as a nurse again?

Is it even possible?

Would she want it?
Would any hospital want her?

And I guess, she would need long retraining.

Or choose completely new career.

What a mess.

JMO

It would be interesting to see when Alder Hey did send the Factor 8 clotting agent. I was assuming it was around the time of the first collapse on June 3rd but could be wrong. They've reported that he was nearly ready to go home by 15 June, but after the bleeding and collapse that day (that LL is accused of causing) he was transfered to Alder Hey.
I got the impression from the Daily Mail article, that I linked upthread somewhere, that they didn't send the Factor 8 until he was about to be transferred to Alder Hey. The article said that LL met with the parents the day he was being transferred, and a taxi arrived with a nurse from Alder Hay bringing some Factor and helping with the transfer.

I believe that was on June 15th.

A few thoughts, all my own opinion;

The chocolate; I’ve worked in similar places (both private and nhs), I’ve read from a previous poster and agree; chocolate is always around (somewhere) as a gift, shared between colleagues and left in staff rooms etc, and personally whether from a colleague, or patients family, this is such a thoughtful and lovely gesture.

HOWEVER,a colleague leaving on a shelf (somewhere) as indicated (and heard in evidence) is unusual in my experience experience unless there is something “a little more to it” (eg, a wee crush, not ready to discuss with others, nothing- but could be down the line sort of example; the kind of impression her colleague has- eg, flirting but not-commando/no underwear, there is possibly *something*).

People do not (colleagues specifically) usually leave treats in the workplace (whether chocolate or crisps or anything else) on a shelf tucked away unless there is some kind of inner relationship; eg, best friends, family/partners, someone they are interested in, crushing on or not even ready to discuss with other people etc.

Secondly, the car.
I have actually loaned my car to an in-law in the past. I knew they had a license, and the right insurance etc and I was quite close to them at the time. I have also gifted a mobile phone to a very close family friend (who is like a brother) whose ex actually questioned it stating that people do not just gift someone a phone!
In these examples- these are people I truly care for, they mean something to me (without any intention of a relationship whatsoever) and I think a lot of them.

I think back to how she reacted when she the doctors name this week. To me it doesn’t matter *how* they were linked-but I feel imo there is (as some of us have expressed) a connection between them.

At the time he may have been her only friend, or maybe she might have been very fond of him (like a brother, perhaps more or even not at all). But the only people I have ever loaned my car to are so minuscule of my inner, close or immediate circle (which I fully trusted) that I have thought a lot of and cared about them a great deal.

JMO

A few thoughts, all my own opinion;

The chocolate; I’ve worked in similar places (both private and nhs), I’ve read from a previous poster and agree; chocolate is always around (somewhere) as a gift, shared between colleagues and left in staff rooms etc, and personally whether from a colleague, or patients family, this is such a thoughtful and lovely gesture.

HOWEVER,a colleague leaving on a shelf (somewhere) as indicated (and heard in evidence) is unusual in my experience experience unless there is something “a little more to it” (eg, a wee crush, not ready to discuss with others, nothing- but could be down the line sort of example; the kind of impression her colleague has- eg, flirting but not-commando/no underwear, there is possibly *something*).

People do not (colleagues specifically) usually leave treats in the workplace (whether chocolate or crisps or anything else) on a shelf tucked away unless there is some kind of inner relationship; eg, best friends, family/partners, someone they are interested in, crushing on or not even ready to discuss with other people etc.

Secondly, the car.
I have actually loaned my car to an in-law in the past. I knew they had a license, and the right insurance etc and I was quite close to them at the time. I have also gifted a mobile phone to a very close family friend (who is like a brother) whose ex actually questioned it stating that people do not just gift someone a phone!
In these examples- these are people I truly care for, they mean something to me (without any intention of a relationship whatsoever) and I think a lot of them.

I think back to how she reacted when she the doctors name this week. To me it doesn’t matter *how* they were linked-but I feel imo there is (as some of us have expressed) a connection between them.

At the time he may have been her only friend, or maybe she might have been very fond of him (like a brother, perhaps more or even not at all). But the only people I have ever loaned my car to are so minuscule of my inner, close or immediate circle (which I fully trusted) that I have thought a lot of and cared about them a great deal.

JMO
I think the car & LLs court reaction shows they were certainly close, whether that's as friends or potentially more, but also she lived within a few miles of the hospital so it's not like she was being loaned the car to drive miles across the country in. At the time most insurance policies allowed you to drive other people's cars on a third party cover basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz