UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind there could have been other victims that never showed any sign of taking ill. There could be babies that didn’t collapse but just vomited or had slightly low blood glucose levels for example. There is the possibility that patients can be harmed without anyone ever knowing they were harmed.

Like part of an experiment, maybe given too little or a different method used that didn’t have the expected effect.
MOO

2:52pm

Letby's work address was also searched, between 10.15-11.50am on July 3, 2018.
A blue folder of papers was recovered from a desk, containing 'various items of paperwork'.
One sheet, an 'annual leave request', has a lot of handwriting by Letby on both sides of the paper.
This includes hearts, 'Tigger + Smudge', 'I loved you but it wasn't enough'
'PLEASE HELP ME [name of doctor] LOVE PLEASE HELP ME [name of doctor] You were my best friend [name of doctor]'
'I just want to be as it was I want to be happy in the job that I loved....Really don't belong anywhere - I am a problem to those who do know me and it would be much easier for everyone if I just went away.'
The names of a few Countess staff are named, repeatedly, as are the words 'malnutrition' and 'assessment'.

And shredded bank statements show she had the means to shred the confidential medical notes if she had accidentally taken 31 home with her...
yes, putting them in a bag under the bed seems quite deliberate, because they've either been added to the bag, sheet by sheet, or they've been collected up from around the house at some point but instead of being disposed of they've been kept, out of sight.

A blue folder of papers was recovered from a desk, containing 'various items of paperwork'.
One sheet, an 'annual leave request', has a lot of handwriting by Letby on both sides of the paper.
'PLEASE HELP ME [name of doctor] LOVE PLEASE HELP ME [name of doctor] You were my best friend [name of doctor]'
'I just want to be as it was I want to be happy in the job that I loved....Really don't belong anywhere - I am a problem to those who do know me and it would be much easier for everyone if I just went away.'
The names of a few Countess staff are named, repeatedly, as are the words 'malnutrition' and 'assessment'.

2:58pm

A photo of Letby's Westbourne Road home garage is shown.
Inside the garage is a black bin liner, and inside was a further note seized by police.
The note contains very densely packed handwriting.
Notes include 'Appropriate workforce', 'Consultant', 'Countess of Chester Hospital' 'Equality and Diversity', 'No-one will ever know what happened and why + I am a failure'
'I can't recover from this'
'Keep this between ourselves', I don't think I can ever go back Too much has happened/changed'
'Insulin diabetes'
'Killing me softly' features at least twice.
The words 'management' and 'ombudsman' feature about a dozen times on the sheet of paper.
Cheshire place names also feature.

3:00pm

Benjamin Myers KC, for Letby's defence, says a total of 257 handover sheets were recovered in the police search. Of those, 21 related to babies in the indictment.
Four of them were in the 'Ibiza bag' and 17 were in the Morrisons bag.
DC Johnson agrees.
Mr Myers says that meant 236 handover sheets were not in relation to the indictment.

3:02pm

DC Collin Johnson confirms four of the babies in relation to the indictment do not feature in any of the handover notes recovered at Letby's addresses.

2:39pm

Also in the Morrisons bag were a number of nursing handover neonatal unit notes - 31 in total.
Most of the notes refer to babies which did not feature in the indictment, and included on 17 of the notes there are multiple references to 13 of the 17 babies in the indictment period.

Of course they could be completely different babies but that figure of 31, for the handover notes found in the Morrison's bag is very close to the number of cases Dr Evans said he was given to investigate in 2017, so a year before these documents were found in LL's house.

Dr Evans said he became involved in the case in July 2017 by the National Crime Agency. He visited Cheshire Police where they had concerns about a number of deaths in the Countess of Chester Hospital which were "unusual" and "far more deaths than they would expect"...He added that Child A was the first case he looked at...He was asked to investigate 33 cases in total, with two insulin cases later. He said there were two babies were born in unsurvivable conditions, with obvious medical diagnoses. He said: "The name Lucy Letby meant nothing to me. I didn't know the staff.

All JMO

Last edited:
257 handover sheets?!
257! What on earth? Is she a hoarder?
Considering that some babies were in hospital for a month or more though, there could be 257 individual sheets but only relating to say 30 patients for example.

I’d like to know how many different patients these handover sheets were for.

2:58pm

A photo of Letby's Westbourne Road home garage is shown.
Inside the garage is a black bin liner, and inside was a further note seized by police.
The note contains very densely packed handwriting.
Notes include 'Appropriate workforce', 'Consultant', 'Countess of Chester Hospital' 'Equality and Diversity', 'No-one will ever know what happened and why + I am a failure'
'I can't recover from this'
'Keep this between ourselves', I don't think I can ever go back Too much has happened/changed'
'Insulin diabetes'
'Killing me softly' features at least twice.
The words 'management' and 'ombudsman' feature about a dozen times on the sheet of paper.
Cheshire place names also feature.

3:00pm

Benjamin Myers KC, for Letby's defence, says a total of 257 handover sheets were recovered in the police search. Of those, 21 related to babies in the indictment.
Four of them were in the 'Ibiza bag' and 17 were in the Morrisons bag.
DC Johnson agrees.
Mr Myers says that meant 236 handover sheets were not in relation to the indictment.

3:02pm

DC Collin Johnson confirms four of the babies in relation to the indictment do not feature in any of the handover notes recovered at Letby's addresses.

"'PLEASE HELP ME [name of doctor] LOVE PLEASE HELP ME [name of doctor] You were my best friend [name of doctor]'"

Imagine seeing this on a colleagues desk at work?? You'd wet your pants laughing, it's unhinged.

She sounds completely unhinged.

I’m going to be cross referencing some of these behaviours tonight with various personality disorders to see if she fits anywhere. Because there’s definitely something going on upstairs.

She’s a complete mystery to me, I’m going to see if covert narcissism is connected with hoarding hundreds of sheets of paper. Was she a sort of kleptomaniac? Did she get a rush from doing something she knew she shouldn’t be? Was it kind of a thrill to be being ‘naughty’ by taking home handover sheets. Did she then graduate to other ways of breaking the rules?

WTF? So this file was found at her desk at work? ie the admin job?

I wonder if the staff realised that most of their handover sheets for that year had been taken? I’d like to know if each staff member is given their own copy rather than the communal one I’d been picturing, if it’s communal, surely you’d pick up that they were missing- unless Letby always volunteered to shred them, but instead took them home?

So the defence is, ok she took home 257 handover sheets but 236 weren't related to the indictment. And 4 of the babies in the indictment didn't have any paperwork at LL's house.

So that's all right then!

3:32pm

That completes DC Johnson's evidence.
The next stage of the trial will be evidence of police interviews with Lucy Letby after she was arrested. The court has previously heard summarised evidence read out at the end of each case during the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx