UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think they're at lunch. I used to find that strange when I was on jury service that if we had a late start they would still break for lunch, but it's because the canteen only opens at lunch o'clock, and court staff need their break then.

I’m quite scared at this point in time. I haven’t digested this information yet but I know I’m scared.

I really wish we had televised trials like they have in America, you get a much better sense of the evidence. It’s hard to interpret what the prosecution are getting at. Like we’re hearing about the evidence found at her home now but not exactly what the prosecution think it means. Surely they’ll be telling the jury e.g ‘we put it to you that this is a confession’ etc we miss all that with trial by tweet.

Frustratingly I’m following 3 trials by tweet right now. LL, Lori Vallow, Letitia Stauch (webex quality for LS is so poor I’m just following the updates)

I love putting court TV on and following minute by minute! Wish we had our own UK version..
Of course in this case the victims and their families need to be protected so even in the US this would probably be a trial by tweet too, but over there the reporters post over 30 tweets an hour sometimes and you get more continuity.

Just a quick run through of info. So ll made a note of the collapses but what about the deaths? That might be part of the way she knew what names to search for. Looks at the diary and remembers the names of the parents then when trying to gather info about the years events has the reference points needed.

I really wish we had televised trials like they have in America, you get a much better sense of the evidence. It’s hard to interpret what the prosecution are getting at. Like we’re hearing about the evidence found at her home now but not exactly what the prosecution think it means. Surely they’ll be telling the jury e.g ‘we put it to you that this is a confession’ etc we miss all that with trial by tweet.

Frustratingly I’m following 3 trials by tweet right now. LL, Lori Vallow, Letitia Stauch (webex quality for LS is so poor I’m just following the updates)

I love putting court TV on and following minute by minute! Wish we had our own UK version..
Of course in this case the victims and their families need to be protected so even in the US this would probably be a trial by tweet too, but over there the reporters post over 30 tweets an hour sometimes and you get more continuity.
we'll probably only get LL's version of what her notes meant, when she was interviewed.

the prosecution and defence can only really put forward a narrative meaning in their closing arguments, and leave interpretation up to the jury.

2:18pm

The trial is now resuming. The trial judge is informing the jury there will be several days in the next few weeks which the jury will not be sitting. They include Tuesday and Friday this week. A full rundown will be provided at the end of the day.

2:21pm

Prosecutor Philip Astbury is continuing to ask questions about the exhibits found with DC Collin Johnson.
A Morrisons bag for life was recovered from Letby's home, which included a blood gas printout and a paper towel with handwritten resuscitation notes for Child L.

how do you figure she knew she would be arrested? I doubt they made an appointment to knock on her door with a search warrant.
She knew the investigation covered deaths so she knew she may be suspected of murder, doesn’t take a genius to know she might be expecting a knock on the door by police as anyone accused of such things should expect and at around 5.30 am normally.

She knew the investigation covered deaths so she knew she may be suspected of murder, doesn’t take a genius to know she might be expecting a knock on the door by police as anyone accused of such things should expect and at around 5.30 am normally.
As I said, they were written before she knew she would be arrested. She hadn't been accused of a crime until she was arrested.

She wouldn't have been warned in advance, so that she could dispose of stuff, and this was 14 months after the investigation started.

2:21pm

Prosecutor Philip Astbury is continuing to ask questions about the exhibits found with DC Collin Johnson.
A Morrisons bag for life was recovered from Letby's home, which included a blood gas printout and a paper towel with handwritten resuscitation notes for Child L.

If these were just accidentally taken home by LL, then why are these items being found in bags for life, why not, scrunched up at the bottom of her washing basket, or even at the bottom of her handbag amongst old receipts, tissues, sweet wrappers etc. The way they’re being found it’s like these items were being kept for a purpose. Possibly so, if guilty, she’d have something to reference if there ever was an investigation she could pipe up and say something like ‘oh I remember that baby having a very poor blood gas report’ or ‘I remember the collapse of this baby and it taking multiple doses of adrenaline which had no effect’ etc.. items that could be viewed as either small trophies to remember specific dates which could then also be plotted in her diary to help with the ‘timeline’ she wrote when she got put on admin duties.

Did she take them home believing that there was a possibility she could come under suspicion one day and these small snippets could help her create her own narrative. It’s not like she could say she kept them as she was suspicious of these collapses at the time because while they were happening she was giving colleagues reasons such as ‘it’s just fate’ or ‘luck of the draw’ or ‘sepsis’ ‘possible NEC’ etc.. she was explaining them away at the time so why take these home?
All MOO and IMOO

As I said, they were written before she knew she would be arrested. She hadn't been accused of a crime until she was arrested.

She wouldn't have been warned in advance, so that she could dispose of stuff, and this was 14 months after the investigation started.
I assume you would agree that she would know being arrested wasn’t off the cards?

anyone would expect it IMO seeing how this escalated from suspensi off of clinical duties, then an internal investigation then external then police involvement. All of those things scream “I’m in serious trouble and will likEly be arrested“ imo.

2:39pm

Also in the Morrisons bag were a number of nursing handover neonatal unit notes - 31 in total.
Most of the notes refer to babies which did not feature in the indictment, and included on 17 of the notes there are multiple references to 13 of the 17 babies in the indictment period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1