UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What stands out to me is "we tried our best and it wasn't enough". Who is "we"?

Totally wild speculation here but could she have multiple personality disorder? Not sure if I can say this, even in speculation but ...
IMO
Or she means she and the Milky Bar Kid tried their best at at a romantic relationship but their best wasn’t good enough and it failed

2:42pm

The court is shown photos of other rooms in Letby's home.
One room, which has a cartoon painted tree and wood animals on the wall, has a black paper shredder in the corner.
Shredded paper was identified. Police investigators identified the documents as bank statements.

2:39pm

Also in the Morrisons bag were a number of nursing handover neonatal unit notes - 31 in total.
Most of the notes refer to babies which did not feature in the indictment, and included on 17 of the notes there are multiple references to 13 of the 17 babies in the indictment period.
31 :(
All in the same Morrisons bag. Not just taken by accident and forgotten about IMO.
Purposely taken and purposely kept it appears.

Although she was charged with harming or killing 17 babies, is there really any way to prove that these were the only victims? I’d imagine the other babies who’s handover sheets were found in her home have all been looked into though, but we don’t know if there were events that just didn’t have evidence to bring a charge or if they all left hospital completely healthy with no adverse events occurring during their stay at COCH
MOO

1:15pm

A very densely packed handwritten note is shown to the court, again in Letby's handwriting.
The broken sentences feature medical terms, and the words 'debriefing' 'sterility', 'foreign objects', 'workforce', 'haemhorrhage', 'non-availability', 'cellulite' 'aggravating factors', 'confidentiality', 'Don't know if I want to do this', 'Inadequate', 'Diagnosis', 'Implicating', 'Administration'.
Several of the words are written multiple times. The first names of Countess staff are also written occasionally.
A section which is scribbled and crossed out reads 'I don't know if I killed them maybe this is all down to me'.
Dumb question probably , but “cellulite”? Does this mean something medically other than what we all have on our bums and thighs ?

2:46pm

A floorplan of Letby's parents' home is shown to the court.
A photo of Lucy Letby's bedroom at the Hereford address is shown to the court.
A photo is shown inside Letby's wardrobe, and Mr Astbury asks about the 'Asda five-sheet strip cut paper shredder' - there was no shredder in the box, but inside were five nursing handover sheets, not related to the indictment.
Handwriting on the box says 'keep'.

2:46pm

A floorplan of Letby's parents' home is shown to the court.
A photo of Lucy Letby's bedroom at the Hereford address is shown to the court.
A photo is shown inside Letby's wardrobe, and Mr Astbury asks about the 'Asda five-sheet strip cut paper shredder' - there was no shredder in the box, but inside were five nursing handover sheets, not related to the indictment.
Handwriting on the box says 'keep'.

There we go, it couldn’t be any more clear that these sheets were to be kept.

In a box marked ‘KEEP’

My head is swimming, I wonder if these babies had any issues atall while they were on neonatal. This is EXTREMELY damning imo and points to there possibly being other victims that they just didn’t have evidence to charge MOO

sterility - a motive maybe if she is sterile?
Maybe. I read it as “was the environment sterile , so could babies have caught bacterial infections.” It reads like she is putting down ideas as to things to use to defend herself against allegations (which could be a sign of either guilt or innocence).

I assume you would agree that she would know being arrested wasn’t off the cards?

anyone would expect it IMO seeing how this escalated from suspensi off of clinical duties, then an internal investigation then external then police involvement. All of those things scream “I’m in serious trouble and will likEly be arrested“ imo.
I think she thought they had no evidence, but was obviously mindful that she was still not allowed back and the hospital had not announced the results of the investigation, so she didn't know she would be arrested but did acknowledge that if she was arrested, if they did link all the events, she wouldn't have answers, hence she felt out of control of her future.

I doubt LL will take the stand. How could she possibly explain all those handover sheets, and some in a box marked ‘keep’?

Those sheets should never ever leave the hospital.

As I said, they were written before she knew she would be arrested. She hadn't been accused of a crime until she was arrested.

She wouldn't have been warned in advance, so that she could dispose of stuff, and this was 14 months after the investigation started.
Do we know if any of the notes were written (or at least recovered ) after her first arrest but before one or both of the subsequent re arrests ?

There is no reason why she should have 31 handover sheets stashed in a bag for life, nor more relating to 5 more babies stored in a box labelled ‘keep’.

How absolutely devestating this is for her defense, of all the evidence. Even the insulin poisoning they can try and point to some other unknown individual as the culprit but this, I can’t wait for them to try and give a reason for this. I expect them to completely brush over it. There is just no valid reason I can think of other than a sick trophy collection or pre prepared notes to look back on if/when she was ever questioned. IMO

It begs the question, if guilty, WHY did she not immediately dispose of these when she was first suspected?

I’m starting to think that maybe she thought she was suspected of negligence, missing something or making a ‘mistake’. I’m thinking that she probably didn’t realise that the accusation against her was murder until the police knocked her door with an arrest warrant.
IMO

Also in the Morrisons bag were a number of nursing handover neonatal unit notes - 31 in total.
Most of the notes refer to babies which did not feature in the indictment, and included on 17 of the notes there are multiple references to 13 of the 17 babies in the indictment period.
This is strange to me. How did notes referring to babies not on the handover sheets get there. Is it her writing or someone else’s?

so following on from a previous post ,it seems that indeed keeping these notes is a new thing for her and seems to be from the years events. This is looking very very damning. There was one way I thought this might be brushed off and that was if it was a bad habit she had done for years. Doesn’t seem that way currently.

I can't quite understand what this means. Notes referring to 13 of the babies featured in the indictment were added to the notes of other babies not featured in the indictment?

Do we know if any of the notes were written (or at least recovered ) after her first arrest but before one or both of the subsequent re arrests ?
I think they said this all relates to the first search

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
2h

DC Johnson confirms that Ms Letby's Chester home was searched between 0850 on 3 July 2018 and 1715 on 6 July. During this time a number of items were seized and held in evidence. Jury currently being shown a diagram, mapping out Ms Letby's home

This is strange to me. How did notes referring to babies not on the handover sheets get there. Is it her writing or someone else’s?

This to me is the prosecutions way of saying they only had enough evidence to charge her with harming or killing 17 babies yet may have suspected her of other things, without actually saying it. That’s what comes to mind anyway, why would she have other handover sheets mixed in with those of victims in this case, it’s what they aren’t saying that says it all to me, IMO.

These are all items found during the search after her first arrest as far as I know, not after. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1