UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think People would have actually quoted CPS if it was just clickbait. They could just say 'sources' say she will take the stand.

People is not known for outright lying. They are pretty mainstream and have solid sources compared to many celebrity rags.
I lived with a journalist for years; "reputable" outlets don't report things in this way, they quaite sources. There is no specific source and the outlet reporting it is non UK (and let's face it, more than a bit dodgy) so where is the integrity here?

Open call to people.com - who at the CPS said this?

No answer? Nope, thought not!

Thanks for this info. I wonder where the bin was located? Did she simply fail to bin them because she wanted to leave as directly and quickly as possible? Or was she 'hoarding' / keeping a hold of them for some sort of sentimental reason or personal record keeping reminder?

The possible urge to hold onto things seems a bit similar to keeping photos of cards she'd sent to people? JMO

It is considered very 'wrong' to leave an NHS job with confidential waste? In the same way as it would be if one worked in say, a bank? Is it the sort of thing a person could get reprimanded at work for?
It is considered very 'wrong' to leave an NHS job with confidential waste? In the same way as it would be if one worked in say, a bank? Is it the sort of thing a person could get reprimanded at work for?

IN the US, it would be quite problematic for a caregiver to take medical records from a hospital each day. THere are very strict protocols because of patient confidentiality, which is legally enforced. More than a reprimand expected if they were found to have a years worth of medical logs in their home.

I can't ask to see my grown children's medical records nor can they ask to see mine without some one signing paperwork giving me access. I surely cannot see anyone else's, let alone 257 days worth of patients in that hospital. She had private info for hundreds of patients in her possession.

Last edited:
She had those notes and other bits a number of years. They literally moved around with her from her doctors halls to her house and even her parents. Even if in her wildest dreams she didn’t expect to be arrested she absolutely knew it was wrong and unethical to have those notes but she still hung onto them. She hung onto them because she wanted to.

She had those notes and other bits a number of years. They literally moved around with her from her doctors halls to her house and even her parents. Even if in her wildest dreams she didn’t expect to be arrested she absolutely knew it was wrong and unethical to have those notes but she still hung onto them. She hung onto them because she wanted to.

If she took them from one place to another, then another, it is harder for her to plausibly claim she just forgot about them.

In my totally uneducated opinion, no, I don't think so.

I think she has some obsessional compulsive issue which leads her to hoard this stuff. The way the evidence has been presented doesn't seem to suggest that the number of hand-over sheets is in any way relates to the crimes she's accused of. It just seems like coincidence to me - even if she is guilty.
[/QUO of
BIB You really don't think the 250+handover sheets containing details of babies on the neonatal unit, that relate to the one year period that the unexplained deaths and collapses occurred , might be linked to the alleged crimes?

The handover sheets were given out at the start of each shift and contained info on the babies on the ward that day. LL then wrote her notes and observations about her designated babies on the back of the sheets throughout the day. Any relevant info from those notes was then copied to the babies computer records. At the end of her shift the note should have been disposed of in the hospital waste becuase it contained confidential information. Instead from June 2015 LL decided to take 250+ of those notes home. There's no evidence of any handover notes from before that date being found, suggesting either she did take them, but disposed of them (but for some reason wasn't able to do the same for the notes dated from June 2015 onwards) or that for some reason she only started to save them from June 2015.

She moved from hospital residence to her own home during that time, which means she chose to take the handover notes with her. By taking them home she had a record of all the babies on the ward during her shifts and whatever notes had been added about them at changeover. She also had whatever handwritten notes she had added to the back of the sheets. If guilty, and if she was planning which child to attack next and wanted to know what if any existing weaknesses or medical conditions they had, that could be taken advantage of, then the handover notes would be extremely helpful.

Then, if guilty, if she did go on to attack a baby, she would also have the handover notes from the day of the attack which would include her handwritten notes on the back giving a record of any observations she had made before and after the alleged attack. Of course some notes might be written elsewhere, like the resus notes for Baby M, which were written on a paper towel and included details of how many shots of adrenaline were given during resus. The paper towel was found at her home too.

So was it all just a coincidence that LL had 250+ handover notes from 2015-2016 in her home, or, if guilty was it a way of recording details of babies on the ward, using the details to chose potential victims, and then keeping records of the alleged attacks, either as a reminder of the attack, to read back and relive the attacks, or to learn from them in order to adapt and improve her MO for the next attack?

The jury will decide.

All JMO, if guilty.

An obsessional, compulsive disorder that just causes her to hoard just handover notes?
A diary where she writes incidents down 'as they come to her' ?
With a professional reputation as a 'jobs worth' and a serial datexer.
It doesn't quite fit for me as it all just feels a bit 'under the radar' I think it more points towards LL hiding things, a more simplistic view.
I think if her house was full of boxes and other random stuff she'd collected there would more weight to a hoarding problem.

An obsessional, compulsive disorder that just causes her to hoard just handover notes?
A diary where she writes incidents down 'as they come to her' ?
With a professional reputation as a 'jobs worth' and a serial datexer.
It doesn't quite fit for me as it all just feels a bit 'under the radar' I think it more points towards LL hiding things, a more simplistic view.
I think if her house was full of boxes and other random stuff she'd collected there would more weight to a hoarding problem.

I've been thinking along those lines too. Her house may be a little untidy here & there but I don't think anybody would look at those photos & think 'this is a hoarder'. I find the whole thing about the handover sheets etc. completely baffling.

I don't think People would have actually quoted CPS if it was just clickbait. They could just say 'sources' say she will take the stand.

People is not known for outright lying. They are pretty mainstream and have solid sources compared to many celebrity rags.
I agree re People, it's why they get the celeb interviews they do, I'm more wondering if they might have taken a small liberty with their headline which says 'will' but the CPS source said 'expect to'. Expect is not the same as will.

I want them to be correct, we all do, don't we? I just don't want to be building up my hopes for a LL on the stand only to have them dashed next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member