UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also slightly off tangent the BBC drama “ bodies “ was utterly brilliant.
Set in a maternity ward in London. If you haven’t watched it then do !
Just listened to the latest podcast. A LOT of word salad from letby during questioning in my humble opinion.

"In her interview, Ms Letby said, after she was moved from her frontline role with the accusations hanging over her, 'I wished sometimes that I was dead and someone would kill me'

It's interesting that LL's thought process expanded into this arena. So we've gone from her feeling that other people 'perceiving her as evil' leading to her writing their thoughts down in 'third person' to her feeling that an appropriate form of release would be for someone to 'kill her'.

I just find it hard to believe that a neurotypical person would behave in this way. It is all very strange indeed.

"In her interview, Ms Letby said, after she was moved from her frontline role with the accusations hanging over her, 'I wished sometimes that I was dead and someone would kill me'

It's interesting that LL's thought process expanded into this arena. So we've gone from her feeling that other people 'perceiving her as evil' leading to her writing their thoughts down in 'third person' to her feeling that an appropriate form of release would be for someone to 'kill her'.

I just find it hard to believe that a neurotypical person would behave in this way. It is all very strange indeed.
Speaking in 3rd person is a form of distancing oneself.

JMO

Speaking in 3rd person is a form of distancing oneself.

JMO
Well, it would be if she had written it in third person, but she wrote "I killed them on purpose" and it's been confirmed that no one had accused her of that and she also contradicted herself by saying she felt people were blaming her practice. It's more avoidance of explaining her own words, than any distancing in her language in the note, IMO.

"I felt people were blaming my practice...and made me feel guilty...they made me stop talking to people.
"I was blaming myself, not for what I've done, but [for the way people were blaming me]."
Asked about the underlined 'not good enough' note, Letby replies that was what people felt she was in terms of her competence."

and

"Other people would perceive me as being evil, yes, if I had missed something."

And don't get me started on her saying she'd never marry or have children because of all of that...! And that she thought there would be a police investigation, of a non-criminal matter.

Last edited:
Well, it would be if she had written it in third person, but she wrote "I killed them on purpose" and it's been confirmed that no one had accused her of that and she also contradicted herself by saying she felt people were blaming her practice. It's more avoidance of explaining her own words, than any distancing in her language in the note, IMO.

"I felt people were blaming my practice...and made me feel guilty...they made me stop talking to people.
"I was blaming myself, not for what I've done, but [for the way people were blaming me]."
Asked about the underlined 'not good enough' note, Letby replies that was what people felt she was in terms of her competence."

and

And don't get me started on her saying she'd never marry or have children because of all of that...! And that she thought there would be a police investigation, of a non-criminal matter.
It is all very convulted :confused:

JMO

and

Another highly unusual thing has happened there imo. She didn’t lie about the date she wrote it, she told the truth. Why lie about anything else? It’s so strange to think she would write that abo what was a civil matter. the only way I can think she wou write about the police investigation at that point is if she didn’t know that honest mistakes made When dealing with life and death matters will not necessarily result in lawfu punishment. Did she think she would be arrested for making mistakes? If that’s the case I can see how she wrote that note. Including “evil” etc Almost like she didn’t realise the full scope of what she was responsible for in legal terms if she didn’t hurt them intentionally. Excessive burden of responsibility. A very black and white way of looking at it. now I’m looking at it like that I can understand that note. I always thought the root of the title at least would be found elsewhere and it obviously relates to the text she wrote to doc choc. “Am i good enough”.

Last edited:
Another highly unusual thing has happened there imo. She didn’t lie about the date she wrote it, she told the truth. Why lie about anything else? It’s so strange to think she would write that abo what was a civil matter. the only way I can think she wou write about the police investigation at that point is if she didn’t know that honest mistakes made When dealing with life and death matters will not necessarily result in lawfu punishment. Did she think she would be arrested for making mistakes? If that’s the case I can see how she wrote that note. Including “evil” etc Almost like she didn’t realise the full scope of what she was responsible for in legal terms if she didn’t hurt them intentionally. A very black and white way of looking at it. now I’m looking at it like that I can understand that note. I always thought the root of the title at least would be found elsewhere and it obviously relates to the text she wrote to doc choc. “Am i good enough”.
As far as I know she didn't say she thought she would be arrested. She said she didn't think they would find she'd been incompetent, and she thought she wouldn't marry or have children because she'd never meet anyone because of the redeployment!

if it’s honest that’s the most black and white way of looking at it, so all or nothing. I can see how someone in the throws of emotional turmoil might think like that initially as a response but I would expect them to gather their critical faculties later on and realise they are being silly. maybe the note when she says she would have been spoken to is near that time.

Another highly unusual thing has happened there imo. She didn’t lie about the date she wrote it, she told the truth. Why lie about anything else? It’s so strange to think she would write that abo what was a civil matter. the only way I can think she wou write about the police investigation at that point is if she didn’t know that honest mistakes made When dealing with life and death matters will not necessarily result in lawfu punishment. Did she think she would be arrested for making mistakes? If that’s the case I can see how she wrote that note. Including “evil” etc Almost like she didn’t realise the full scope of what she was responsible for in legal terms if she didn’t hurt them intentionally. Excessive burden of responsibility. A very black and white way of looking at it. now I’m looking at it like that I can understand that note. I always thought the root of the title at least would be found elsewhere and it obviously relates to the text she wrote to doc choc. “Am i good enough”.

But that is assuming she "didn't lie" intentionally? .. its possible she answered truthfully about when she wrote the note ..not having time to even consider that some of the comments do not fit with not knowing that the there may be criminal charges.

It's likely that it's exactly why the police asked her when she wrote the note ..before challenging her on the phrases

But that is assuming she "didn't lie" intentionally? .. its possible she answered truthfully about when she wrote the note ..not having time to even consider that some of the comments do not fit with not knowing that the there may be criminal charges.

It's likely that it's exactly why the police asked her when she wrote the note ..before challenging her on the phrases
It had to be before she redid her competencies, if her explanations to police about not being good enough were to stand a chance of being believed, which was quite soon after she was redeployed I believe.

I REALLY think she had no idea that it would take almost 2 years to arrest her on the first occasion, she would be arrested again the following year and arrested and charged the year after. She would sit in prison on remand for a couple of years awaiting trial and the prosecution would take 7 months to present their case.
She thought it would just go away and she would talk her way out of it somehow.
How wrong she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member