UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t there a help to buy scheme at some point? I remember the government would put forward so much for a deposit if you had a certain amount. Not sure of the year this is ongoing though.

I think Help to Buy was on new builds only. Doubt it would apply on a terraced 3 bed house. But wasn't her father staying with her after she returned from Ibiza, and had his tools in the garage as well? So I wonder if her parents provided a hefty deposit (being an only child) with a view that they would occasionally live with her too, hence the 3 bedrooms despite her being young, and single?

MOO

I'm in mental health, I have always got double pay for Sundays, Always, it is certainty not the nhs contract, either way, a house near her would be big money

The nhs is governed by the agenda for change frame work and every member of staff gets exactly the same unsociable hours payments.
Pay bands 4 to 9 inclusive get time and 60% on Sundays

I think Help to Buy was on new builds only. Doubt it would apply on a terraced 3 bed house. But wasn't her father staying with her after she returned from Ibiza, and had his tools in the garage as well? So I wonder if her parents provided a hefty deposit (being an only child) with a view that they would occasionally live with her too, hence the 3 bedrooms despite her being young, and single?

MOO
Well, some are lucky to be born into a wealthy family haha
;)

The nhs is governed by the agenda for change frame work and every member of staff gets exactly the same unsociable hours payments.
Pay bands 4 to 9 inclusive get time and 60% on Sundays
worked in Bristol till 2002, double pay on wards on Sundays, still getting double time in Ireland now. Either way , doesn't matter to this. She could work night and day if she wanted, no nurses available to work, ban on agency, some nurses working 7 days a week.

My non baby murdering friend is similar to LL ie an only child to quite older parents. They absolutely baby her, are so involved in her life and paid for the majority of her house through their inheritances and savings

I'm in mental health, I have always got double pay for Sundays, Always, it is certainty not the nhs contract, either way, a house near her would be big money
She paid £178,950 for it in 2016. Sold in 2019 for £201k.

If she's had deposit help from parents and putting any savings of her own into it then based on having a decent income and, significantly, a secure job it wouldn't be that difficult to buy that place.

Well, some are lucky to be born into a wealthy family haha
;)
Her family don't seem wealthy to me but they are certainly far from skint, I think.

Yes, it's a larger than usual house for a single person but it's not that expensive as houses go and being only about a mile from where she worked it was probably a sensible purchase.

She paid £178,950 for it in 2016. Sold in 2019 for £201k.

If she's had deposit help from parents and putting any savings of her own into it then based on having a decent income and, significantly, a secure job it wouldn't be that difficult to buy that place.

not sure if you are in the U.K. but that's a significant mortgage for a single person. I couldn't buy that place..

not sure if you are in the U.K. but that's a significant mortgage for a single person. I couldn't buy that place..
I am in the UK. Mortgage rates were low then. Also, we don't know what deposit she had - she may have had £50k or more. For all we know her parents might have bought the place outright for her.

I initially thought it was a rather unusual house for someone her age to buy. However, now that we know a bit more about her I don't think it's particularly strange; it's clear that she had some very clearly defined goals in life. Having a family was obviously one of them and a house like that would fit those goals perfectly, imo.

MOO
Not necessarily an only child thing tbf; I have a friend who is one of 3 siblings whose parents paid for a deposit. In addition, someone else I know, bought their 3-bed house about 7 years ago now- mid 40s now, still single and very happy with life- no intention to ever have children whatsoever. Sometimes it’s just about capital.

Moo

The only evidence I can see is the ever growing mountain of hospital documents in her home.

Who knows, maybe her goal was to create the world's largest illegal private database of babies? :rolleyes:

One never knows what others' goals might be.

JMO

Last edited:
I am in the UK. Mortgage rates were low then. Also, we don't know what deposit she had - she may have had £50k or more. For all we know her parents might have bought the place outright for her.

I initially thought it was a rather unusual house for someone her age to buy. However, now that we know a bit more about her I don't think it's particularly strange; it's clear that she had some very clearly defined goals in life. Having a family was obviously one of them and a house like that would fit those goals perfectly, imo.
I don't think we know what her real goals in life were. She probably didn't even know. But that house didn't necessarily explain to us what they were.

It could have been a financial investment more than anything else. We don't really know. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo