UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor A: Am I right in thinking you’ll have done six long-days in the last eight? No wonder you’re tired.

LL: Yep, six in eight. My own doing though as holiday is during days off rather than annual leave.

--

SE: "it'll feel more homely once you've sorted everything out." She also asks about how busy the unit is.
LL: "Unit is busy, no-one particularly unwell just volume and few people off sick. I prefer 4 days to 4 nights. We've got nice mix of babies at the mo really. Shift goes quick anyway!'

quotes from the podcast
Oooh excellent find . Thanks!

So that's why I coudln't find it then . It was actually 6 days in 8, not 5!!

So yeah I think 257 is easily achievable in a 13 month period.

baby N -

Doctor A: Am I right in thinking you’ll have done six long-days in the last eight? No wonder you’re tired.

LL: Yep, six in eight. My own doing though as holiday is during days off rather than annual leave.

--

babies L/M

SE: "it'll feel more homely once you've sorted everything out." She also asks about how busy the unit is.
LL: "Unit is busy, no-one particularly unwell just volume and few people off sick. I prefer 4 days to 4 nights. We've got nice mix of babies at the mo really. Shift goes quick anyway!'

quotes from the podcast
That suggests working 6 out of 8 is out of the ordinary and she was specifically building up time off in lieu.

Most nurses do not work set shifts they will work 3 weeks of 3 and one week of 4

It can be any shifts across the week

Regarding her doing 6 out of 8 would have been across 2 weeks

She would have done Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Weds ..as she says in @Tortoise quote above she would have done that to go on holiday without using her holiday entitlement ...she would then likely have 8 days off before back to work the following weekend

No holiday leave needed ..no time off in lieu...just by requesting what 3 days in a given week she wants to work

Most nurses do not work set shifts they will work 3 weeks of 3 and one week of 4

It can be any shifts across the week

Regarding her doing 6 out of 8 would have been across 2 weeks

She would have done Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Weds ..as she says in @Tortoise quote above she would have done that to go on holiday without using her holiday entitlement ...she would then likely have 8 days off before back to work the following weekend

No holiday leave needed ..no time off in lieu...just by requesting what 3 days in a given week she wants to work

More likely Weds Thurs Fri the first week so 6 in 8, 2 days off in the middle. I don't think any NNU on the planet would put you on 6x12 hour shifts - we weren't even allowed to do more than 2 long days or 3 nights in a row!

More likely Weds Thurs Fri the first week so 6 in 8, 2 days off in the middle. I don't think any NNU on the planet would put you on 6x12 hour shifts - we weren't even allowed to do more than 2 long days or 3 nights in a row!

Yes that's true..its a killer ...I've been known to do 6 nights in a row but certainly not that often

The only thing that makes me question how far back the handover sheets could have been collected is her living arrangements pre June 2015.

"The court heard Ms Letby lived in staff accommodation at Ash House before moving to a flat in Chester for about six months.
She moved back into Ash House in June 2015 before moving to her house in Westbourne Road, Chester, in April 2016."

So if she was collecting handover sheets in 2014 for example - she'd have been storing them in a small bedroom (as all accommodation before her Westbourne Road place was shared) and have moved them THREE times. I know she says she doesn't throw things away but surely in shared living she was limited in space and privacy to collect hundreds of notes?

Also she said the below in her interview which leaves me very confused about when she could have started collecting them - she wouldn't have had a spare room in shared accommodation with a flatmate surely? And why did she then have notes under her bed. The whole thing is so inconsistent and bizarre, but doesn't reflect well on her at all.

"She is asked about 'a large quantity of handover sheets' at Letby's home address. She replies there was "no specific reason" why she had taken them home. She said she would have been aware she still had the handover sheets when she got home, and put them in a folder in the spare room.

She said she "didn't know how to dispose of them" and no-one else had seen them."

She said she would have seen those handover sheets at home "hardly ever"."

MOO

Last edited:
You normally do 7 shifts in a fortnight, one is a Sunday. As a nurse, my place does Monday or Thursday pass.
You can work what ever overtime you like.

Depends on your contracted hours and length of the shifts. Why would one be a Sunday, and what is a 'pass' please?

Monday pass is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday pass is Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
This is for long days.

The only thing that makes me question how far back the handover sheets could have been collected is her living arrangements pre June 2015.

"The court heard Ms Letby lived in staff accommodation at Ash House before moving to a flat in Chester for about six months.
She moved back into Ash House in June 2015 before moving to her house in Westbourne Road, Chester, in April 2016."

So if she was collecting handover sheets in 2014 for example - she'd have been storing them in a small bedroom (as all accommodation before her Westbourne Road place was shared) and have moved them THREE times. I know she says she doesn't throw things away but surely in shared living she was limited in space and privacy to collect hundreds of notes?

Also she said the below in her interview which leaves me very confused about when she could have started collecting them - she wouldn't have had a spare room in shared accommodation with a flatmate surely? And why did she then have notes under her bed. The whole thing is so inconsistent and bizarre, but doesn't reflect well on her at all.

"She is asked about 'a large quantity of handover sheets' at Letby's home address. She replies there was "no specific reason" why she had taken them home. She said she would have been aware she still had the handover sheets when she got home, and put them in a folder in the spare room.

She said she "didn't know how to dispose of them" and no-one else had seen them."

She said she would have seen those handover sheets at home "hardly ever"."

MOO
I mentioned this also, but wonder if it got lost. Moving notes 3 times is very significant for me.

As others have said it doesn't prove she is a murderer, but we've said that about so many things, the photo of the card, the Facebook stalking, the obsessive texting about work, the weird behaviours. At what point do you put all these odd behaviours together and say ok they are significant in thinking she IS capable of harming babies...(imo)

Last edited:
Don’t forget she remained in contact with some babs families

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members