UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 none related medical notes were found at her parents.
She could've gone there straight from work every now & again.
The dates of each of them notes would be handy for the jury to know.
Would they get that info?
I agree they could have travelled
I still fail to understand why her back garden was dug up. What on earth were they looking for? No weapons as such were involved, no stolen goods, and surely you wouldn't expect to find paperwork there. Or babies' bodies. :( Surely LE wouldn't do all that digging without some good reason?
I would say 'insulin viles'

A warrant would of been obtained to search both Letbys and her parents house.
It allows full access to every part of it so they would of gone through them both with a fine tooth comb, however it’s not impossible something was missed first time, we are all human.

A warrant would of been obtained to search both Letbys and her parents house.
It allows full access to every part of it so they would of gone through them both with a fine tooth comb, however it’s not impossible something was missed first time, we are all human.
I'm sure that I read on here months back someone suggested that the warrant for her parents house may only apply to the parts of the house that LL used or had exclusive access to. Okay, she wouldn't have exclusive access to her old room as it's not her house. Or, perhaps, they meant something along the lines of it not applying to areas where her parents would expect to have excusive use of such as their bedroom or bedrooms. They, after all, are not the people whom the investigation is directed towards so they have an expectation of a certain level of privacy.

Did we ever find out who ‘bergerac’ was?
I remember she’d written ‘Bergerac’ in one of her notes randomly. Was it ever mentioned or reported what on earth that was all about?
MOO

I don’t know, but I know some of her notes referred to items in popular culture. Could the notation Bergerac have something to do with the TV series Bergerac about a detective involved in some controversial topics? Just a thought.

It doesn’t matter about their privacy one bit, a warrant is a warrant, it doesn’t say just “ bedroom and kitchen “ it’s the whole premises and curtilage.
To be honest, that's what I thought. As I say, though, I'm sure I read that the warrant for her parent's place may well have exclusions as to where they were allowed to search - which seemed kinda strange at the time.

I don’t know, but I know some of her notes referred to items in popular culture. Could the notation Bergerac have something to do with the TV series Bergerac about a detective involved in some controversial topics? Just a thought.

Was a good show, that. It's getting rebooted, apparently.

Re her house next to a cemetery

I once worked in a Catholic School situated next to cemetery - the windows of the classroom had a view of it.

Well, what people don't realise is that there are funerals daily.

Every day while working there I (and the students) witnessed a funeral or two, with processions of mourners singing funeral religious songs and rituals chanted by a priest.

Well, I decided to quit after a year and moved to state school in the city centre.

It was too much for me.

Yes there is a downside to living close and I can totally get that as it’s not for all.
Bell ringing practice every Monday and Thursday at the Church by me was so much fun originally until I realised they really only had one “ tune “ but on balance it’s lovely !
We had a wedding earlier so it’s not all doom and gloom.
As for the warrant issue there have been so many Chinese whispers on this case it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.
I cannot begin to fathom what is going through the minds of all those connected to this case this weekend, it must be utterly unbearable.

Yes there is a downside to living close and I can totally get that as it’s not for all.
Bell ringing practice every Monday and Thursday at the Church by me was so much fun originally until I realised they really only had one “ tune “ but on balance it’s lovely !
We had a wedding earlier so it’s not all doom and gloom.
As for the warrant issue there have been so many Chinese whispers on this case it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.
I cannot begin to fathom what is going through the minds of all those connected to this case this weekend, it must be utterly unbearable.
Are you woken up by the bells calling for the earliest morning Mass? :D
I guess it is good for maintaining healthy day/night cycle haha

Last edited:
I saw in the last thread I saw a discussion about prison or secure psychiatric hospital, Beverly Allitt the nurse who was previously convicted of killing 4 children/babies actually went on hunger strike to get moved to Rampton, I know Rampton very well and believe me it is FAR better than a prison, Allitt knew exactly what she was doing. It so annoys me that she is still there and not in prison as it has been agreed she is not treatable.

Does anyone know who is up first for the closing speeches ? Mr Myers or Mr Johnson ?

I assume they are starting on Monday ?

I am contemplating the drive back to Manchester.

I don't think many people realise that Ben Myers KC did this case a huge favour, in the interests of all round justice, by putting the plumber on the stand, and I'm not kidding.

This claim of the defendant, that the unit was unsanitary, had to be put to the jury because any scrap of available evidence that is left out, is in the event of a conviction, grounds for appeal and a new trial.

It's not just a matter of showing whether or not she was lying, it's a matter of laying on the table her every claim of hospital shortcomings, so that her case is fully considered.

JMO

NJ first up the BM.
I always find it jarring the defence have the last say on speeches.
Then Judges summing up.
The prosecution gets the last word, in reply to the defence's arguments. It's usually quite short, but has to deal with anything the defence raised that demands the prosecution's perspective, since they have the burden of proving their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper