VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the write up Squish. That is something that has confused me regarding her demeanour also, the lack of ANY real intensity. I am sure some people will interpret that as the behaviour of someone who is innocent but If I was in her position and had been in prison for something I hadn’t done, facing all of these wicked accusations (particularly during cross examination) there is zero chance I would be behaving in such a nonchalant manner.

Thanks for the write up Squish. That is something that has confused me regarding her demeanour also, the lack of ANY real intensity. I am sure some people will interpret that as the behaviour of someone who is innocent but If I was in her position and had been in prison for something I hadn’t done, facing all of these wicked accusations (particularly during cross examination) there is zero chance I would be behaving in such a nonchalant manner.

It's hard to comprehend. From her confessional post-it note, she was saying things like "all taking over my life, overwhelming fear, panic, how will things ever be the same - they can't" "I'm a horrible evil person and I pay for that every day". In her 2017 post-it she was begging for help. So before she was arrested she was definitely very, very anxious.

In the two years between 2016 and her first arrest, wondering if she would ever get caught, followed by two years of bail, three years of prison, and 9 months of this trial, it's understandable that she's no longer acutely anxious. But I don't think an innocent person could ever truly come to terms with it, and I think they would treat the trial with grave seriousness at all times.

I would be begging everyone to believe me and understand me, and begging the police and parents that if these babies were murdered, I didn't do it and the murderer is still out there.

Another thing is the disrespect that LL has shown to some of the parents in court: she asked for Baby E & F's mum to speak up in court, claiming she couldn't hear, and has repeatedly said on the stand that she searched for her online because "they had a good relationship". This is so inappropriate, if I was falsely accused of murdering someone's baby then stalking the mum on Facebook, I would say "I thought a lot of the mum and wanted to see how she was". Not implying they had a special bond. It's like she's goading Baby E & F's mum knowing that she can't answer back.

Ben Myers in the opening speech said the woman you see today is not the same person as 6 years ago, you won't see what she's really like. Almost like he knew she was going to come across badly.

I keep thinking of Anti Social Personality Disorder - the modern term for sociopathy - and how they only feel anxiety if something is an immediate cause for concern. They don't give two shites about other people or what they think or feel, and think they're above everyone else. Having this condition could explain a lot of her behaviour on the stand. JMO and having ASPD doesn't mean someone is guilty.

OK so my prediction (total guesswork lol) is the jury may well realise they are more or less in agreement on the charges fairly soon after beginning their deliberations.

However I think the jury member who was ill several times (if it was the same person each time) and stayed the course may have been determined to finish doing their duty on the jury, so they may insist a minimum of one hour deliberation per charge so they are satisfied in their own mind that everything is in order and done properly and their job is done well......So that's 17 charges meaning 17 hours.

But of those 17 the jury are not unanimous on 2 of them, so they then deliberate again for another 2 hours. Then spend half an hour composing themselves, double checking all forms completed correctly before informing the judge.

So my final answer is 19.5 hours not including breaks
Oh no, it was late and I wasn't concentrating! There are multiple charges for some of the babies so I would have given a different answer, probably 24.5 hours, but it's too late now as I said 19.5 was my "final answer". I should have "asked the audience" first.

Oh no, it was late and I wasn't concentrating! There are multiple charges for some of the babies so I would have given a different answer, probably 24.5 hours, but it's too late now as I said 19.5 was my "final answer". I should have "asked the audience" first.
I think you accidentally made the right decision, maybe.

Because I think the cases with multiple charges won't take that much longer. I mean if she is charged with allegedly attacking one child 3 or 4 times, I don't think the jury will need 3 , 4 or 5 hours for that case. It will still probably be figured out in closer to an hour or hour and a half instead. JMO

It's hard to comprehend. From her confessional post-it note, she was saying things like "all taking over my life, overwhelming fear, panic, how will things ever be the same - they can't" "I'm a horrible evil person and I pay for that every day". In her 2017 post-it she was begging for help. So before she was arrested she was definitely very, very anxious.

In the two years between 2016 and her first arrest, wondering if she would ever get caught, followed by two years of bail, three years of prison, and 9 months of this trial, it's understandable that she's no longer acutely anxious. But I don't think an innocent person could ever truly come to terms with it, and I think they would treat the trial with grave seriousness at all times.

I would be begging everyone to believe me and understand me, and begging the police and parents that if these babies were murdered, I didn't do it and the murderer is still out there.

Another thing is the disrespect that LL has shown to some of the parents in court: she asked for Baby E & F's mum to speak up in court, claiming she couldn't hear, and has repeatedly said on the stand that she searched for her online because "they had a good relationship". This is so inappropriate, if I was falsely accused of murdering someone's baby then stalking the mum on Facebook, I would say "I thought a lot of the mum and wanted to see how she was". Not implying they had a special bond. It's like she's goading Baby E & F's mum knowing that she can't answer back.

Ben Myers in the opening speech said the woman you see today is not the same person as 6 years ago, you won't see what she's really like. Almost like he knew she was going to come across badly.

I keep thinking of Anti Social Personality Disorder - the modern term for sociopathy - and how they only feel anxiety if something is an immediate cause for concern. They don't give two shites about other people or what they think or feel, and think they're above everyone else. Having this condition could explain a lot of her behaviour on the stand. JMO and having ASPD doesn't mean someone is guilty.
"I would be begging everyone to believe me and understand me, and begging the police and parents that if these babies were murdered, I didn't do it and the murderer is still out there"

YES! Exactly my thoughts as well. I can also understand how she is no longer acutely anxious due to the length that this has carried on for but when I was there during the last day of cross examination and she was asked about her "Meltdown" text messages, she was asked "What were you doing in those 12 minutes" and to hear responses like "I can't answer that" is just a total lie as far as I am concerned.

Even if innocent, at this point in time it hit her HARD and she was gravely concerned as to what was going to happen to her and there is no way she would have forgot how she felt or what she did in those moments.

I would expect an answer of "Well I was deeply panicked, I was having a meltdown, I was thinking through all of the events that happened recently on the unit and I was worried I may have done something wrong"

But we get "I can't answer that"

All MOO

Deliberations Predictions

9h 30m - @Tortoise
10h 15m - @Diddly1
11h 30m - @Becci
12h 41m - @marynnu
14h 20m - @Becky53
15h 20m - @JosieJo
15h 45m - @katydid23
16h - @Jazmania
17h 40m - @Penny68
20h - @Moll
22h 22m - @abovethestorm
23h 12m - @Dcflag
28h 28m - @DianaWW
31h 30m - @Sweeper2000
35h 25m - @Dotta

---

:rolleyes: :)

Thurs 13th July 2pm to 4pm - @Parker Knoll
Thurs 13th July 2.30pm - @Kemug
Thurs 13th July 3.37pm - @Legal
Fri 14th July 12.45pm - @ColourPurple

---

Competition closing date Mon 10th July 2023 10.30am
Prize - nothing
I really think that we, the poor discarded and shredded ones, should be applauded for our predictions. When the big moment comes, we will know instantly how close we were, while you poor folks with your hours and minutes calculations will still be struggling with your abacuses (abaci?) and fingers. So there.

Last edited:
Deliberations Predictions

9h 30m - @Tortoise
10h 15m - @Diddly1
11h 30m - @Becci
12h 41m - @marynnu
14h 20m - @Becky53
15h 20m - @JosieJo
15h 45m - @katydid23
16h - @Jazmania
17h 40m - @Penny68
20h - @Moll
22h 22m - @abovethestorm
23h 12m - @Dcflag
28h 28m - @DianaWW
31h 30m - @Sweeper2000
35h 25m - @Dotta

---

:rolleyes: :)

Thurs 13th July 2pm to 4pm - @Parker Knoll
Thurs 13th July 2.30pm - @Kemug
Thurs 13th July 3.37pm - @Legal
Fri 14th July 12.45pm - @ColourPurple

---

Competition closing date Mon 10th July 2023 10.30am
Prize - nothing
Well, we could each give the winner 10 rousing likes.

@squish thankyou, that’s absolutely fascinating actually.

I am with everybody here though, I can’t think of a reason why she wouldn’t more emphatically deny wrongdoing. Not once have we seen a deeper and more personal expression of grief or denial of wrongdoin. I can’t think of a reason why her defence would not have advised her to try and connect with the courts people in a personal way, not once. Strange.

that demeanour is notable, I couldn’t say if she just feels caught on a wave and is just riding it wherever it goes or if that’s just the way she is, I could see it being both or either. Remarkable.

Those must be pretty strong tranquilizers she's on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611