VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those must be pretty strong tranquilizers she's on!
Takes me back (again, as I know I mentioned this previously) to where the defence at the start of the trial asked how it had impacted her etc. It was reported she said (or the defence I can’t recall now who said it for definite) that she was easily distracted/loud noises etc startled her and the reporting suggested her demeanour then was some meak timid thing traumatised by the whole event of things. Perhaps she was, that’s understandable, of course.

BUT we didn’t hear anything of this again or anything suggesting she was easily distracted like it was alleged at the start. From what I’ve read from those who have attended the trial; it’s actually very much the opposite and almost as though she isn’t fazed by anything at all. Emotionless; I’m now sat here thinking that if she was indeed laughing or appeared to be, laid back etc, how does the PTSD and “easily” distracted or spooked etc come into play here?

To me, I can only agree with NJ interpretation of her behaviour throughout the trial where not only did she lie to the jury, but appears to very much gaslight everyone listening/watching this charade too. NJ referred to her as calculating and if guilty, indeed she is very calculating and vindictive too.

My own opinion of course
If guilty.

Of course.

I'll post an updated list in the morning in case any others want to be added, or if anyone wants to change their guess.
Dear @Tortoise

I don't think you really realized what you were going to bring down on your poor head :D

But you made us all soooo excited!

Your Competition is a smashig HIT by the looks of it!

You are the victim of your own SUCCESS haha!!!

JMO

Last edited:
Letby will not be entitled to any compensation if she is found NG - she will just be spat out into the community.
She will be on legal aid and she MAY have been asked to make a contribution to her legal aid bill from savings or the sale of her house if any equity in it ( not much from public records but we do not know how much of the “ profit “ was due to a deposit put down initially ) so take that as you will. Both KCs will be legally aided with enhanced fees so big brief fee which includes ( reading/preparing/conferences on the case ) and daily “ refreshers “ which is legal speak for every day after the first day of the trial so from 4/10/22 onwards until verdict and sentence.
IF found NG I would say there would be a strong argument for a new identity but we are not there yet.

Letby will not be entitled to any compensation if she is found NG - she will just be spat out into the community.
She will be on legal aid and she MAY have been asked to make a contribution to her legal aid bill from savings or the sale of her house if any equity in it ( not much from public records but we do not know how much of the “ profit “ was due to a deposit put down initially ) so take that as you will. Both KCs will be legally aided with enhanced fees so big brief fee which includes ( reading/preparing/conferences on the case ) and daily “ refreshers “ which is legal speak for every day after the first day of the trial so from 4/10/22 onwards until verdict and sentence.
IF found NG I would say there would be a strong argument for a new identity but we are not there yet.
Sounds horrific.

Parker Knoll - I've been watching a series on ITV hub, wracking my brains why the detective looks so familiar and I think it's your picture! Is that right? Is your picture the detective on Unforgettable?

So hard to predict, except I really hope the jury will give it due consideration, and go over every charge carefully, however tempting it may be to just get out of there at last! So I'll go with:

21 hours 30 mins

Looking at the long list of time predictions, it makes me think I may have underestimated at 15hours 45 minutes. It probably isn't long enough.

But then again, they have sat with this evidence for over 8 months already. And there is a long span of time between the end of the closings, and the beginning of the deliberations. I think the majority will have already figured out which way they plan to go, before the deliberations begin.

I am sure some will move a little one way or the other, but in such a long trial, people tend to settle into their opinions over time, IMO.

If they are in basic agreement, they will probably finish the paperwork pretty quickly and efficiently so they can move on with their lives.

There are so many charges that they will probably not agree on all of them.

Last edited:
Length of Deliberations Predictions

6h - @NeverPersonal
8h 30m - @Phoenix Lazarus
8h 45m - @Sundial
9h - @SusanDonim
9h 30m - @Tortoise
10h 15m - @Diddly1
10h 45m - @Bethan
11h 30m - @Becci
12h 41m - @marynnu
13h 13m - @Luwin
14h 20m - @Becky53
14h 46m - @Marantz4250b
15h 20m - @JosieJo
15h 45m - @katydid23
16h - @Jazmania
17h 30m - @May72031
17h 40m - @Penny68
18h - @GoodDayToYouSir
19h 30m - @MissMarbles
19h 45m - @ScotAng
20h - @Moll
21h 30m - @Kasmeer
22h 22m - @abovethestorm
23h 12m - @Dcflag
24h 10m - @Blondiexoxo
25h - @Sarahlou
28h - @squish
28h 28m - @DianaWW
31h 30m - @Sweeper2000
32h 14m - @Kittybunny
35h 25m - @Dotta
41h 15m - @Observant-ADHD-ENFP-BSc
45h 10m - @esther43
58h - @Jw192
75h - @CS2C
80h - @V347

---

:oops:

Thurs 13th July 2pm to 4pm - @Parker Knoll
Thurs 13th July 2.30pm - @Kemug
Thurs 13th July 3.37pm - @Legal
Fri 14th July 12.45pm - @ColourPurple

---

Competition closing date TODAY Mon 10th July 2023 10.30am
Prize - nothing, zilch, not even pizza

Length of Deliberations Predictions

6h - @NeverPersonal
8h 30m - @Phoenix Lazarus
8h 45m - @Sundial
9h - @SusanDonim
9h 30m - @Tortoise
10h 15m - @Diddly1
10h 45m - @Bethan
11h 30m - @Becci
12h 41m - @marynnu
13h 13m - @Luwin
14h 20m - @Becky53
14h 46m - @Marantz4250b
15h 20m - @JosieJo
15h 45m - @katydid23
16h - @Jazmania
17h 30m - @May72031
17h 40m - @Penny68
18h - @GoodDayToYouSir
19h 30m - @MissMarbles
19h 45m - @ScotAng
20h - @Moll
21h 30m - @Kasmeer
22h 22m - @abovethestorm
23h 12m - @Dcflag
24h 10m - @Blondiexoxo
25h - @Sarahlou
28h - @squish
28h 28m - @DianaWW
31h 30m - @Sweeper2000
32h 14m - @Kittybunny
35h 25m - @Dotta
41h 15m - @Observant-ADHD-ENFP-BSc
45h 10m - @esther43
58h - @Jw192
75h - @CS2C
80h - @V347

---

:oops:

Thurs 13th July 2pm to 4pm - @Parker Knoll
Thurs 13th July 2.30pm - @Kemug
Thurs 13th July 3.37pm - @Legal
Fri 14th July 12.45pm - @ColourPurple

---

Competition closing date TODAY Mon 10th July 2023 10.30am
Prize - nothing, zilch, not even pizza
Can you put me down for 30hrs 10mins please?!

I’ve taken a bit of a break from this case for my mental health, but so glad it’s finally nearing the end and hoping for some closure for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper