VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem them taking as long as they need to ensurejustice. ..but that doesn't stop me feeling selfishly frustrated wether I have any right to or not.
Rationally and logically, I can accept they are doing the best they can and are figuring things out.

Emotionally, I am worried and frustrated and am imagining worst case scenarios.

Yes UK based. Pretty sure I could find a way round it if I was motivated tbh. Just got to be a little bit pushy. You can also get a Dr online at any time of day if you pay £15. Not like you get to see your own Dr these days any how!
The problem is not GP appointments, it could be consultant appointments in hospital that have a 4 month waiting list.

Don't lose heart folks. This took the jury 19 days of deliberations with just 2 cases.

There were two co-accused in that case who were acquitted on multiple charges, so that might have been what kept the jury bogged down for a while:

His co-accused, 32-year-old magician Martyn Smith, was found not guilty of the same charge - and the pair were together cleared of a charge of conspiracy to murder retired headteacher Ann Moore-Martin.

Field was also acquitted of her attempted murder, but had admitted seducing and defrauding her in a similar fashion to how he targeted her neighbour Mr Farquhar.

Field's brother Tom, 24, a Cambridge University graduate, was cleared of a single charge of fraud.

I was actually thinking this yesterday @Tortoise - they’ve only asked, what - 3/4 questions? One of which was for a copy of the judges closing summary. They’ve not asked many “specifics” at all. The only two I can think of was the question RE the insulin, and the question RE the fathers & doctors statements.

I half expected them to have more questions tbh.
They were told in relation to the insulin question that they can't receive any information not already in evidence, so maybe they've taken that to heart?

I agree completely. If they’d had 8 hour days they’d all be done by now and off on their summer holidays or enjoying this beautiful weather. Instead there is another appointment so important that it cannot wait for even one more week until a verdict is reached.

MOO
It doesn't necessarily work that way. More hours doesn't necessarily equate to a faster decision.

I have no problem them taking as long as they need to ensure justice. ..but that doesn't stop me feeling selfishly frustrated whether I have any right to or not.

Brava, Josie. That's what honesty looks like.

You're owning the wholly reasonable frustration we all probably feel, 10 months in, waiting for a verdict. The difference is, you're not cloaking it in faux concern for the parents, lackadisical judges, irresponsible jurors and all the other entirely transparent reasons those who're not honest are using to try and justify their own entitled impatience.

Last edited:
Anxiety that this will end up in mistrial or a hung jury may be what's causing some impatience here.

But they have 22 charges to discuss. That's huge.

Maybe allowing them some time for appointments they need is also just necessary -- for their health.

I get it- anxiety is my middle name. But we should be thankful for this jury. There's no reason to think they don't understand the seriousness of their current job.

Everyone take some time to relax this weekend and hope for the best next week.

Anxiety that this will end up in mistrial or a hung jury may be what's causing some impatience here.

But they have 22 charges to discuss. That's huge.

Maybe allowing them some time for appointments they need is also just necessary -- for their health.

I get it- anxiety is my middle name. But we should be thankful for this jury. There's no reason to think they don't understand the seriousness of their current job.

Everyone take some time to relax this weekend and hope for the best next week.
We are all for the Babies here.
Only for them :(
And we all are waiting for Justice.

JMO

I apologise for aiming my frustration at the jury this afternoon. This trial has been complex, intense and the stop-starting has been unusual to say the least.

I won’t apologise for being emotionally invested in this case though. Many of us have been here from the very beginning and have personal reasons for feeling so passionate. My comments earlier may have come across as purely self righteous, but a large part of the frustration lots of us feel is because of how much the parents of these 17 children have had to endure over the past 7/8 years plus the 10 months of trial and now 4 weeks of deliberation. Their grief and trauma has been brought to the surface again and consumed their lives for the last 10 months. That is not false or a cover for feeling we are owed something.

Of course there is a level of impatience on my own part because of how long they’ve been deliberating now - yes a level of selfishness - we’ve followed this case for months and want to see justice it’s only natural to feel annoyed on some level, the worry of a hung jury is anxiety inducing. But I’ve also said repeatedly in my posts that I know very well we have no right to answers. The only people who have a right to answers are the families of the victims and LL - I even feel this is unfair for her, waiting to hear her fate, especially if she has truly done nothing wrong must be torture for her also.

Apologies for my earlier posts though, I don’t want to end up in the naughty corner and am unable to edit them now I’ve had chance to cool down on this hot stuffy day in the uk with a glass of red I can see how they were written in frustration. This trial has been long and upsetting for all, now we near the end emotions are at an all time high.

Sending hugs and positive vibes this evening. May next week bring a true and honest verdict - no one can say the jury rushed to judgement in this case so if guilty atleast that’s one thing that can’t be brought up on appeal!

MOO

I think the PUBLIC needs answers.

Society needs answers because this case concerns NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE.

National =PUBLIC

Every worker pays in taxes for Health Service and needs to know what really happened in this hospital.
Because, the next time it might be somebody he/she loves or YOU yourself!

So it is not only parents' of the victims right, but ALL citizens of the UK.

JmO

I think the PUBLIC needs answers.

Society needs answers because this case concerns NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE.

National =PUBLIC

Every worker pays in taxes for Health Service and needs to know what really happened in this hospital.
Because, the next time it might be somebody he/she loves or YOU.

So it is not only parents' of the victims right, but ALL citizens of the UK.

JmO
There have been several NHS hospital scandals in recent years. This is nothing new.

Tell me whyyyyy, I don't like mondaysssss

I think now that ALL of our time guesses will be blown out of the window and it's gonna be easy another couple of weeks.

My mind keeps thinking that with some of the charges they will have settled on verdicts but that they're at loggerheads over some others and they'll be hung, which is an awful thought

Out of interest, in situations where there is a retrial, for what ever reason, does the accused have to keep the same legal team or do they have the option to change, who in turn can bring in other information? Just curious really.

Fingers crossed we may get a verdict next week.

There were two co-accused in that case who were acquitted on multiple charges, so that might have been what kept the jury bogged down for a while:

Sentencing remarks for this case if anyone is interested

I am remaining positive and hopeful that there will be a verdict, the jury have not been out that long considering the complexities of the case. Please stay positive, a pot half full is much better than one half empty ;)
Is it that complex though really

Seems pretty cut and dried to me, personally.

The Shipman (6 days) and Alitt (32 hours over 6 days) juries had similar numbers of cases but deliberated for far less time.

There have been several NHS hospital scandals in recent years. This is nothing new.
You know,

In aviation literature, there is often a sentence that says that

"aviation regulations,
(rules that must be obeyed at the controls of an aircraft),
are written with the blood of aviators."

Over a hundred years of aviation, there have been many disasters and each of them has become a painful but nevertheless a lesson that allows the next person to fly more safely.

IMO the same concerns hospital regulations.
At least the deaths of victims would not be in vain.

JMO

Is it that complex though really

Seems pretty cut and dried to me, personally.

The Shipman (6 days) and Alitt (32 hours over 6 days) juries had similar numbers of cases but deliberated for far less time.
I think, IF guilty, LL was more cunning and sly than Alitt was. Alitt didnt make much of an effort to change up her MO, or to try and camouflage her actions. LL changed things up continuously, allegedly using various attack methods and allegedly targeting babies under the care of other colleagues, successfully prolonging the crime spree.
Allit seemed to be a lot more obvious and was caught sooner and with less subterfuge, to give any reasonable doubt. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom