UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is definitely that. I feel for everyone involved tbh, especially the families.
From your previous posts, you have made it clear that you believe LL is innocent and that the prosecution don't have the evidence to prove her guilt.

Why do you think the families are being subjected to such cruelty if no crime has taken place? Not only the anguish of sitting through this trial but also of being told your baby was murdered. If it is found that no crime has been committed, can someone be held accountable for putting the families through this?

Incidentally the fact she clarifies doubt about it being or not being intentional
It's not a fact that there is doubt, that's your interpretation of why she wrote "on purpose", as are your other (contradictory) assumptions that she was clarifying it for an audience, yet never intended it to be found, and she wasn't serious. IMO

I can see your point tbh. But even if the word deliberately was in its place it’s still clearing any doubt that it wasn’t intentional so why is she ?

does the presence in her response of answering whether or not it was done intentionally mean she is directing this particular sentence at a perceived outer audience? It’s possible I think as she follows the admission with a reason. why ask a question to herself she already knows the answer to?
Why write any of it down if she always knows it?

To me, the addition of "on purpose" does change the meaning of the sentence. It makes it vindictive. If I tripped someone up, I could claim that I didn't mean to do it, it was an accident. Or, I could have done it "on purpose".

If I were exorcising all of my demons, to write "I tripped them up" is only half of the truth. It leaves it ambiguous and I would still be holding on to something. If I wanted to get it all out, I would write "I tripped them up on purpose" I.e. I meant to cause them harm, I wanted to do it. That would be the complete truth.

I think all her notes should be shown.
Will the jury have access to these?
Also thanks for the daily updates
Yes all the notes will be presented by the prosecution.

It will be when one of the police officers who conducted the house search gives evidence about what and where things were found, with photographs before they were gathered and placed into evidence bags.

@ColourPurple

regarding confidence

easy, that note was presented as damning evidence in the opening speeches, if the prosecution is trying to present LL as a cold and deceitful killer it would be very useful for them if that note had of been found in an obvious hiding place and would have been presented as such IMO. Any information that would suggest that note was written earnestly and should be taken seriously would have been presented already. It’s notable in its absence especially where the note was found. Assuming that info wasn’t useful to the prosecution painting LL as deceitful or bad. Notice the prosecution omitted that it was one note amongst many stating innocence. That means the police tasked with looking for incriminating evidence have informed mr Myers and the prosecution of where the note was found and that it’s location wasn’t useful to the prosecutions case.

I think it’s presence indicates someone who wasn’t necessarily trying to hide incriminating information. it would be of profound importance and significance to an individual who has spent allot of energy and time trying to get away with something and thus not likely to have been forgotten Or misplaced. But yes could have been lost accidentally.

I do think it was written in one day there’s a logical progression suggesting it was written in a short space of time. The writing with clearer less patchy words is in line with someone writing with more force and emotion.

I would guess the pen used isn’t a ball point, they tend to be drier at the start of writing and then consistent afterwards with a splodge when the ink starts flowing. I would guess it’s a rollerball and the same one used for all of it. The big bold word “hate” isn’t a bigger tipped pen, you can see it’s width at the bottom of the t. It also makes sense for the words to become clearer with if using a rollerball with more force.

I would fundamentally disagree with her becoming clearer minded at the end. There is more mistakes, the writing isn’t ordered like the beginning and is obviously if not entirely emotional, is also hotter and less concise language. More dramatic.

jmo.

Notice the prosecution omitted that it was one note amongst many stating innocence.
That is simply not true.

11:37am

"In her writings, she expressed frustration at the fact that she was not being allowed back on the neonatal unit and wrote 'I haven’t done anything wrong and they have no evidence so why have I had to hide away?'
"Her notes also expressed concern for the long-term effects of what she feared was being alleged against her and there are also many protestations of innocence."

11:39am

"On another piece of paper, she wrote: 'I don’t deserve to live. I killed them on purpose because I’m not good enough”.
“'I am a horrible evil person' and in capital letters, 'I AM EVIL I DID THIS'.
"That, in a nutshell," Mr Johnson tells the court, "is your case."

Lucy Letby trial recap: Prosecution finishes outlining case, defence gives statement

Any information that would suggest that note was written earnestly and should be taken seriously would have been presented already. It’s notable in its absence especially where the note was found.
The police search of her house hasn't been covered in the trial yet.

FYI opening speeches aren't evidence, they outline what will be brought into evidence during the trial.

The case is proceeding in a timeline and so the fruits of the house search would not have been presented already.

It's not a fact that there is doubt, that's your interpretation of why she wrote "on purpose", as are your other (contradictory) assumptions that she was clarifying it for an audience, yet never intended it to be found, and she wasn't serious. IMO

that is my opinion yes.

im not actually arguing for or against I’m just exploring potential reasons, trying to be as impartial as possible.

im actually still caught up on the insulin case.

do you not think the prosecution would have added to information about the note anything about it being deliberately hidden if that was obvious in the evidence gathered? Suggests it’s location is ambiguous.

I did actually recall the protestations of innocence being referred to by mr Myers My mistake.

it would certainly bolster the prosecution if they had of said the note in question was “found obviously hidden”

do you not think the prosecution would have added to information about the note anything about it being deliberately hidden if that was obvious in the evidence gathered? Suggests it’s location is ambiguous.

it would certainly bolster the prosecution if they had of said the note in question was “found obviously hidden”
I think it's an insignificant matter. A nothing burger.

The case will be decided on the evidence of what happened to the babies, and the content of her notes.

Not my point On what the case will be decided upon Even if it does have ketchup on top which it doesn’t apparently.

that is my opinion yes.

im not actually arguing for or against I’m just exploring potential reasons, trying to be as impartial as possible.

im actually still caught up on the insulin case.

I did actually recall the protestations of innocence being referred to by mr Myers My mistake.

"im not actually arguing for or against I’m just exploring potential reasons, trying to be as impartial as possible"

I'm really not getting an impartial vibe from your posts at all.

More of a strong denial that the note could possibly be in any way, shape or form, a confession.

Last edited:
I'm really not getting an impartial vibe from your posts at all.

More of a strong denial that the note could possibly be in any way, shape or form, a confession.

I would argue against it being a clear and concise confession yes. i Would also argue against LL being a deceitful individual but can not say that for sure as scant evidence. I would also argue against some cases having enough evidence to say anything conclusive. I would argue for the proposition that all the events so far together are well within good reason to have brought this to trial. That’s also without upcoming evidence.

I really do wish there was a more comprehensive understanding of air embolisms but remain surprised that it wasn’t thought of sooner.

now we are at the point in time or in a few cases when things started to become suspicious. I would expect if the doctors were now paying more attention to possible nefarious reasons for the unexpected events a much clearer and more detailed recount of events as they came to happen. There should also be less ambiguity about things like rashes or symptoms of air embolisms showing on skin.

I would certainly expect stronger evidence from Dr Ravi as he was the first hook onto air embolisms so to speak assuming his continued presence in the evidence.

jmo.

Its pecked my head what's written under the HATE circle.

Well spotted @Becci

I can see what looks like a possible 'rep' and then a 'ted'. It could very well be 'reported' and that would fit very much with my initial thought when I read that note, that LL - in the context of that particular sentence and also other aspects of that note - was referring to what was being said about her rather than what she was saying about herself.

Last edited:
it would be very much in her interests if she was a serial killer to stay in a place with ample opportunity to achieve a desire to kill not only that but it’s good cover for it as well. Moving to a woman’s unit where her only potential victims are grown adults and potential witnesses rather than non verbal babies is also not fitting for a cunning predator. I would also think baby H‘s condition which is obviously dire would give a cold killer a excuse to make sure their attempt was successful which is not what we see. I might think that real interference from someone who has the capacity and ambition to kill would achieve the desired result Especially in one so fragile. I’m not sure what the alleged method for baby h was. Looking at some articles it’s mentioned by the prosecution that she would have cover to access baby h’s lines Suggesting intravenous air embolism but there is no typical accompanying symptoms And considering her condition I wouldn’t think she would survive the strain and go on to make a full recovery without complications. It would seem these events were not too damaging suggesting mild collapses.

that note is actually nearly all feeling and warm language not like those records kept noted in that article. Look at the language and style of writing. It’s almost clinically cold and that’s what we find surprising when it comes to sk’s. The almost complete emotional detachment from their victims.

Easy. The presence of the words “much easier”. This suggests the only thing holding her back is location rather than a desire to stay on the unit. She doesn’t mention at all any particular desire to be on the NNU. In my opinion if she were actively trying to deceive people she would say she wanted to go to the other hospital but her love of babies is what’s making her stay. She would be portraying herself in a heroic light which she never does, that would also potentially give away An inflated ego present in most psychopaths and serial killers. She doesn’t emphasise her own sufferings or indeed herself at all really seemingly ever Even when aggrieved by the recent bitchiness. In fact her response to those perceived insults is actually quite level headed not what you could expect from someone with a big ego. These are also personal coms in essence a chance for LL to show her real colours or at least something like it, but her language doesn’t actually drastically change if at all suggesting she isn’t putting on a act. I’m really not thinking it would be possible to put On an act to that degree, continuously and successfully without a single slip up.

JMO
The womens has a neonatal unit, so its that unit she presumably wants to relocate to. She isnt qualified to nurse adults or deliver babies.

I tested it lol

To me that one's easy as you can already see most of the letters . It's clearly two words , there's a clear gap between them and the two words are "they used" and then the word after is to (but has FEAR written over it). Look at how she writes "th" in other words like everything and anything and how she writes the y on the end of the word family. They're the same as the th and the y in the word they

It forms part of the sentence underneath "Will things ever be like "they used" to

The word I'd like to find out is the word that the top part of the circle around hate covers. It appears to be the missing word off the end of the sentence above which says "Hate myself so much for what this has ...". it looks like it ends with a d

Attachments

• postit.jpg
    postit.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
To me that one's easy as you can already see most of the letters . It's clearly two words , there's a clear gap between them and the two words are "they used" and then the word after is to (but has FEAR written over it). Look at how she writes "th" in other words like everything and anything and how she writes the y on the end of the word family. They're the same as the th and the y in the word they

It forms part of the sentence underneath "Will things ever be like "they used" to

The word I'd like to find out is the word that the top part of the circle around hate covers. It appears to be the missing word off the end of the sentence above which says "Hate myself so much for what this has ...". it looks like it ends with a d

”caused”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member