GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Sky News right now the police are looking at whether she attacked other babies and reviewing the care of 4000 babies where she worked. This case may not be finished just yet.
I'd imagine they're already looking into the babies named on those 257 handover sheets. Brain scans on those babies might reveal evidence of possible previous attacks that nobody was ever aware of .

Just woke up from a nap not long ago and have caught up now. Justice was done today. I was hopeful when this all began that Lucy was just an innocent person blamed for the failings of a hospital under pressure. It didn’t take long for that illusion to be shattered when the truth came out.

You’re guilty Lucy Letby and you deserve a life of rotting behind bars thinking about what you did.

I hope the parents of all those children can find some sort of peace, if such a thing is possible. They deserved so much better.

I hope she gets a whole life order. The jury have done a tremendous job, and I agree with other posters who believe that the verdicts show they were thorough and meticulous in their decision making.

The emails and other details shared in the BBC article make it abundantly clear that the consultant staff tried desperately to get the right things done, but were obstructed over and over by their management. I hope there will be accountability for that.

She says her predecessor, Mr Harvey, had warned her she would need to pursue action with the General Medical Council, the doctor's regulator, against the neonatal unit's consultants - those who had raised the alarm.
However, inside a box of files left in his office, she found evidence the problems lay elsewhere. Marked with the word "neonates", the files revealed how a meeting of the executive team in 2015 had agreed to have the first three deaths examined by an external organisation. That never happened.
The management team had also failed to report the deaths appropriately. It meant the wider NHS system could not spot the high fatality rates. The board of the hospital trust was also unaware of the deaths until July 2016.
Dr Gilby says the trust's refusal to call police appeared to be heavily influenced by how it would look. "Protecting their reputation was a big factor in how people responded to the concerns raised," she says. [/unquote]

The details in this article are sickening.

I just...this woman was just convicted of murdering 7 innocent babies and is written about like she's a hapless, lost soul. Absolutely infuriating. (The same article goes into nearly granular detail about her decorating choices.)

I can't help but wonder if the same stance would be taken had the nurse in question been a poorer foreign national of color. Somehow, I think not. And while I am grateful to have convictions, I'd be far happier to have convictions across the board. What is the statistical likelihood those babies weren't injured by the serial killer charged with their care? Glad the jury was obviously so thorough as I know it was a complicated case but I thought it was a lot stronger than to have taken 3 weeks to reach a conclusion. So this one has me angsty. JMO

This bit:

“Letby decorated her home with chintzy wall art – “happy prosecco season” and “friends are angels in disguise” – and cuddly toys. In the kitchen, she had a “happy birthday mummy” note pinned to the wall from her cats, written by her mother. Another note read: “No 1 godmother awarded to Lucy Letby.”

Highlighted; wrote by her mother. Something very odd about it. Perhaps she couldn’t have her own family. A lot of deep internal dark anger about her. Disturbing. Thinking back where her house is too, the crematorium at the back. The same house her parents were reported to have helped her buy. Interesting enough- i wonder if Letby was the one to pick that location.

This bit:

“Letby decorated her home with chintzy wall art – “happy prosecco season” and “friends are angels in disguise” – and cuddly toys. In the kitchen, she had a “happy birthday mummy” note pinned to the wall from her cats, written by her mother. Another note read: “No 1 godmother awarded to Lucy Letby.”

Highlighted; wrote by her mother. Something very odd about it. Perhaps she couldn’t have her own family. A lot of deep internal dark anger about her. Disturbing. Thinking back where her house is too, the crematorium at the back. The same house her parents were reported to have helped her buy. Interesting enough- i wonder if Letby was the one to pick that location.
She had cats????!!!! That is scary. Many evil people attack animals before moving on to people. I hope the cats are OK and have been found safe and loving forever homes.

I just...this woman was just convicted of murdering 7 innocent babies and is written about like she's a hapless, lost soul. Absolutely infuriating. (The same article goes into nearly granular detail about her decorating choices.)

I can't help but wonder if the same stance would be taken had the nurse in question been a poorer foreign national of color. Somehow, I think not. And while I am grateful to have convictions, I'd be far happier to have convictions across the board. What is the statistical likelihood those babies weren't injured by the serial killer charged with their care? Glad the jury was obviously so thorough as I know it was a complicated case but I thought it was a lot stronger than to have taken 3 weeks to reach a conclusion. So this one has me angsty. JMO

When paediatric consultants angrily complained about his decision, Letby’s father threatened to refer them to the General Medical Council. They were forced to write her a letter of apology but maintained that she should not be allowed to return to the unit.

One thing that struck me throughout this trial when reported is that she never seemed to cry when they were talking about the babies or the parents. The tears only came when talk of her old life, her cats, the doctor she seemed to be sweet on, all those things. She didn’t care about the lives she’d taken, just the life that was taken from her.

From Guardian: “The mother of twin boys, who walked in on Letby attacking one of her sons, bent over and sobbed as the nurse was found guilty of murdering one of her six-day-old babies and attempting to kill his brother the following day.”

My heart! I can’t read anymore of these news articles.

When paediatric consultants angrily complained about his decision, Letby’s father threatened to refer them to the General Medical Council. They were forced to write her a letter of apology but maintained that she should not be allowed to return to the unit.
So both parents try to guard her from consequences.

MOO

I hope she gets a whole life order. The jury have done a tremendous job, and I agree with other posters who believe that the verdicts show they were thorough and meticulous in their decision making.

The emails and other details shared in the BBC article make it abundantly clear that the consultant staff tried desperately to get the right things done, but were obstructed over and over by their management. I hope there will be accountability for that.

The details in this article are sickening.

The hospital management effectively enabled a serial killer to operate. It was the perfect place for her to do what she did without fear of repercussions.

This should never have been possible. Grossly underfunded NHS, grossly understaffed. Corners cut and safeguarding not a priority. Perfect conditions for a serial killer. Heads must roll but more importantly, the systemic issues that aren't unique to this hospital must be addressed. Other hospitals were just lucky it wasn't them, many have the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy