GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1:02pm

Letby removed confidential records of events, and checked up on bereaved parents, and her actions bordered on 'sadism', and has 'no remorse'.
"There are no mitigating factors".

1:03pm

For each of the offences, Letby is sentenced to life.
The order of the court is a whole-life order for each and every offence.
"You will spend the rest of your life in prison".

13:03

BREAKINGLetby receives whole life sentence - meaning she will never be released​

Justice Goss has just given Lucy Letby a whole life sentence for the murder of seven babies, and the attempted murder of six more.
This means she will never be released from prison.

13:04

Silence in court after sentencing​

ee1f1e45-2687-4090-816e-cd3f8b8e263c.jpg

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
There's silence in court. Some parents are crying.

Is it true that LL was religious, if so, wondering if it is 'mainstream' and if it is similar to whichever one was attended to by the doctor recently jailed for killing her 3 children?
speculation, imo, just curious.

1:04pm

The judge adds he wishes to make a few remarks - giving thanks to some in the trial.
He repeats his thanks to the jury for their 'outstanding diligence'.

And that’s that. Justice was done today. May Lucy Letby spend the rest of her life behind bars thinking about the consequences of her actions, with a target on her back forever.
I don’t know if my heart reaction is completely appropriate but I hope it is taken the way it is meant. Justice has been served and she will never see the cold light of day again.

13:06

Judge: A deep malevolence bordering on sadism​

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
To recap some of the judge's comments just before he passed sentence, he noted that for the offence of murder, the sentence is fixed by law and is imprisonment for life.
"You are now 33... I have to determine whether the seriousness of the offences is sufficiently high that I should not make a minimum term.
"These are offences of very exceptional seriousness," he said.
"This was a cruel, calculated and cynical campaign of child murder involving the smallest and most vulnerable of children... you created situations so that collapses and causes of collapses could not be obvious.
"You checked up on parents... there was a deep malevolence bordering on sadism... you have no remorse... there are no mitigating factors... the offences are of sufficient severity to require a whole life order."

1:07pm

"This trial will, of course, have had a very emtional impact, and help is available if you need it."
He reminds the jurors of their responsibilities.
He passes his thanks to the "outstanding" court ushers for their diligence and care. Other members of the court and tribunal system are also commended for helping to facilitate so the proceedings can be viewed by more than would normally be the case. "My sincere thanks to all those who were responsible."
He also thanks the court clerks, the prison dock officers, and the member of the mental health team, for helping to start the cases on time every day, and wishes for the message of commendation to be passed to the prison officers' superiors for their work.

1:09pm

The judge thanks the investigation teams for their efforts and roles.
He thanks members of the media for their patience, understanding and co-operation in coverage of the trial.
Finally, he thanks the families in the case, and offers his understanding and deep consolences.
"For all of you, your lives will remain transformed. Your behaviour and dignity has been the highest".

1:10pm

Senior Crown Prosecutor Pascale Jones, of CPS Mersey Cheshire, said: “Today’s sentence means Letby will never again be able to inflict the suffering she did while working as a neonatal nurse. She has rightly been brought to justice by the courts.
“My thoughts remain with the families of the victims who have demonstrated enormous strength in the face of extraordinary suffering. I hope that the trial has brought answers which had long eluded them.”

Posted at 13:1013:10

Judge thanks jury for 'outstanding diligence'​

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
The judge adds: "Trial by jury is fundamental to our criminal justice system... I want to repeat my thanks to the jury for their outstanding diligence."
Justice Goss acknowledges the trial "will have had a very emotional impact" and adds that there is support available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter