GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this gives the families involved some feeling of justice. I doubt they will ever get over this and I’m not sure how you’d even start. My heart goes out to every one of them.

As for LL, only she knows the why but I doubt she will ever tell. Although she is going to have plenty time to think about things. Acts of true evil. A coward.

I’m sad for the parents with not guilty or no verdicts. It’s clear their children were cared for by a murderer, and there are still unexplained incidents regarding their care that they can’t legally attribute to Lucy, despite it (in my opinion) being the only obvious explanation.

I’m also sad for the many parents to come who are going to get that call through the investigations to come.

Some of the impact statements were hard, hearing the mother who struggled with the hand and footprints of her baby having been taken by Lucy, or the parents who buried their children in outfits Lucy dressed them in, must be incredibly hard to live with.

Im glad she’s now on several WLO as it should be.

Have been going through IVF again with my partner after a number of failed attempts. To think someone meant to care for a much-wanted child could harm them instead and get a sick kick out of their pain and deaths disturbs me greatly. If all goes to plan I will make sure our little one is never out of my or my partner’s sight at the hospital. A breach of trust in an institution just as Couzens’ actions were for the police. No more deferential respect from me. I will scrutinise and I will question. It’s the least of the damage Letby (and those who did not deal with her early on) have caused, I realise.

13:17

Judge praises families' dignity​

ee1f1e45-2687-4090-816e-cd3f8b8e263c.jpg

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
Justice Goss commends the court staff for their diligence and care.
He thanks other members of the courts service, who he says have facilitated annexes so that the proceedings can be observed by many more than are present in court.
The judge thanks the court clerks and prison officers. He goes on to thank members of the mental health team who have been present for the defendant, Lucy Letby.
Justice Goss thanks all counsel and all those in the investigation.
The judge praises the families' "behaviour and dignity" which he says he sincerely acknowledges with gratitude.

Posted at 13:1813:18

Letby will never be able to inflict suffering again - CPS​

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) says Lucy Letby's whole life term means she "will never again be able to inflict the suffering she did while working as a neonatal nurse".
"She has rightly been brought to justice by the court," Senior Crown Prosecutor Pascale Jones of CPS Mersey Cheshire said in a statement.
“My thoughts remain with the families of the victims who have demonstrated enormous strength in the face of extraordinary suffering.
"I hope that the trial has brought answers which had long eluded them.”

NEW

WATCH: Moment Letby is sentenced to whole life in jail​

If they do insist on giving her transcripts of the parents impact statements then I hope they are removed from her cell as soon as she's read them, so that they don't become souvenirs that she keeps under her bed to read through whenever she wants to relive her crimes.

Is it true that LL was religious, if so, wondering if it is 'mainstream' and if it is similar to whichever one was attended to by the doctor recently jailed for killing her 3 children?
speculation, imo, just curious.
Still catching up so I don’t know if this has already been mentioned; but she was reported to be a church-goer of sort, she was was reported to attend with her church-type friends. Must find the article..

May she rot inside for the remainder of her days forever looking over her shoulder. The devils carnation. God bless all these tiny babies, the parents and families. I hope one day you may all find some peace.

And NOW I can say what I think.

I think she is one of the coldest, cruelest, most diabolical serial offenders I have read about. And I have read about plenty.

I think she LOVED what she did. Loved the chaos she caused. Loved the grief of the families and her coworkers. Loved the fuss the management made over her when she fought against being benched.

I think she feels nothing but contempt for those around her. She plays at being so normal it's abnormal. She manipulated people with ease. She plays at being nice so people feel guilty when they don't like her or suspect her of harm. Her beige is her camouflage. Her nice is her camouflage. It's all superficial, all fake.

I think she looked for victims in the families who had fought the hardest to have kids. Those with kids who had existing conditions, those who were multiples, because she figured less questions would be asked if they died, but also, it would hurt those families more if the babies were fighting against more to live, and she would get to see hope and joy snatched away from them as she watched. But equally, she would attack a child if she had a negative interaction with a parent, or their assigned nurse, or her supervisor. Just to vent her spite and feel powerful.

Nothing makes her happier than seeing others in pain. I disagree with the judge that she was 'bordering on sadism'. Everything she did was about the pleasure she got from causing pain.

She doesn't know how to do people. She has no known past relationships except possibly an affair with a married man. She has friends who defend her, but the messenger conversations with her colleagues show someone more inclined to manipulate her close companions than form bonds of real intimacy.

And I've talked a bit about her postmortem fixation with the families and the bodies of the children.

And no, I don't think she actually has PTSD or needs sensory items, but I think she's smart enough to fake it and knows the optics of her as a sad, broken, harmless person were her best shot in court, because she sure as heck didn't have any strong proof she didn't do it, or a phalanx of experts talking about how it couldn't be her. She had her own testimony, and a plumber.

*deep breath out*

I've been sitting on all that since I joined Websleuths.

MOO

Is it true that LL was religious, if so, wondering if it is 'mainstream' and if it is similar to whichever one was attended to by the doctor recently jailed for killing her 3 children?
speculation, imo, just curious.

I saw this yesterday if this is any use? Somebody who has followed the trial on WS since the outset will probably have more details

re her sixth form years:

'Described as straight-laced, Letby attended the evangelical Hope City Church and had a close circle of 'churchy' friends – five girls who self-styled themselves the 'Miss-Matches' while studying for their A-levels at Hereford Sixth Form College'

Elim Pentecostal Hereford City Church

And NOW I can say what I think.

I think she is one of the coldest, cruelest, most diabolical serial offenders I have read about. And I have read about plenty.

I think she LOVED what she did. Loved the chaos she caused. Loved the grief of the families and her coworkers. Loved the fuss the management made over her when she fought against being benched.

I think she feels nothing but contempt for those around her. She plays at being so normal it's abnormal. She manipulated people with ease. She plays at being nice so people feel guilty when they don't like her or suspect her of harm. Her beige is her camouflage. Her nice is her camouflage. It's all superficial, all fake.

I think she looked for victims in the families who had fought the hardest to have kids. Those with kids who had existing conditions, those who were multiples, because she figured less questions would be asked if they died, but also, it would hurt those families more if the babies were fighting against more to live, and she would get to see hope and joy snatched away from them as she watched. But equally, she would attack a child if she had a negative interaction with a parent, or their assigned nurse, or her supervisor. Just to vent her spite and feel powerful.

Nothing makes her happier than seeing others in pain. I disagree with the judge that she was 'bordering on sadism'. Everything she did was about the pleasure she got from causing pain.

She doesn't know how to do people. She has no known past relationships except possibly an affair with a married man. She has friends who defend her, but the messenger conversations with her colleagues show someone more inclined to manipulate her close companions than form bonds of real intimacy.

And I've talked a bit about her postmortem fixation with the families and the bodies of the children.

And no, I don't think she actually has PTSD or needs sensory items, but I think she's smart enough to fake it and knows the optics of her as a sad, broken, harmless person were her best shot in court, because she sure as heck didn't have any strong proof she didn't do it, or a phalanx of experts talking about how it couldn't be her. She had her own testimony, and a plumber.

*deep breath out*

I've been sitting on all that since I joined Websleuths.

MOO
I couldn’t agree more with you. And now that fake facade has been shown to the world what she truly is. A disturbed sadistic twisted monster, hiding under the rouse of a sweet meek vulnerable mouse- using items like blankets in court and playing a game of innocence, the poor little girl persona, the baby. She is nothing but a truly disturbed individual.

The victim statements were utterly devastating. How cowardly she is not to face the families. A final, small controlling act? A subtle note of guilt? There is a palpable arrogance to that way she has conducted herself throughout the proceedings.

I hope that after some years of stewing in her cell, this criminal will understand the gravity of what she has done and the wide-reaching impacts of her actions. I hope that the world moves on to let the families put their lives back together in peace, and that the attention the criminal craved withers away.

I saw this yesterday if this is any use? Somebody who has followed the trial on WS since the outset will probably have more details

re her sixth form years:

'Described as straight-laced, Letby attended the evangelical Hope City Church and had a close circle of 'churchy' friends – five girls who self-styled themselves the 'Miss-Matches' while studying for their A-levels at Hereford Sixth Form College'
To me this gives a bit more weight to the theory of god complex. If god wanted them to truly live, they would have regardless of her actions.

Didn’t she say something along the lines of she couldn’t understand why some babies lived and some didn’t? Or words to that effect.

Feeling quite tearful now. Those poor parents. And what a job for the Jury. I hope support will be given to those who need it. And what an awesome job by the CPS - I had some doubts that the evidence presented would be enough - thank goodness it was.

To me this gives a bit more weight to the theory of god complex. If god wanted them to truly live, they would have regardless of her actions.

Didn’t she say something along the lines of she couldn’t understand why some babies lived and some didn’t? Or words to that effect.
The only 'god' in this case was LL. For all that she went to church (for show, good optics, part of her mask), I don't think she subscribes to the notion of a higher power than herself. Fortunately, the rest of her life is going to be all about disabusing her of that notion.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member