GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely!
Living as a free person is the greatest gift!
Being one own's boss.
Not having to bow to others.

Being arrogant and condescending towards others - and now having no control and forced to conform to strict rules, must be maddening to this criminal.
Ha!

JMO

I'm not finding any info on what type of inmate LL's been during the past thousand-plus days on remand after LL failed to apply for bail as she did twice before after the first two arrests.

And if given a choice, knowing you might never again be free, why would you not make an application for bail release?

LL just might be an individual who long ago learned to compartmentalize her sadistic conduct, and where life on the outside without access to infants -- her choice of prey, may not be desirable and actually prefers incarceration. It's probably a relief for LL that she doesn't have to feign having emotion or mimic the behavior of others.

I don't think there's anything normal about LL and doubt she desires and appreciates the same as others-- including freedom. JMO

Is there any chance at all she is innocent and the poor little babies died of natural causes and it was a bizarre coincidence?sorry to sound stupid. I did read her notes. I just can’t imagine a nurse doing this.
None of us can know for sure. Even the jury were divided, but she was convicted, so for the present she is guilty.

I'm not finding any info on what type of inmate LL's been during the past thousand-plus days on remand after LL failed to apply for bail as she did twice before after the first two arrests.

And if given a choice, knowing you might never again be free, why would you not make an application for bail release?

LL just might be an individual who long ago learned to compartmentalize her sadistic conduct, and where life on the outside without access to infants -- her choice of prey, may not be desirable and actually prefers incarceration. It's probably a relief for LL that she doesn't have to feign having emotion or mimic the behavior of others.

I don't think there's anything normal about LL and doubt she desires and appreciates the same as others-- including freedom. JMO
Yeah
I thought about it also.
Maybe it is a relief to drop the mask, and not to be tempted to harm any more.
Just live from one day to another by herself.
Choices are taken away and simply existing is left.

JMO

None of us can know for sure. Even the jury were divided, but she was convicted, so for the present she is guilty.
Would you class the jury as divided on her innocence?

She was found guilty of 7 counts of murder and 6 counts of attempted murder...surely the jury just did as asked and looked at the medical evidence of each individual case ?

She was found guilty of 7 counts of murder and 6 counts of attempted murder...surely the jury just did as asked and looked at the medical evidence of each individual case ?
I thought they had to go for majority decisions

There was legit doubt as to whether LL's old friend D might have changed her mind on LL's guilt & as to how long ago the BBC Panorama interview was filmed.

Turns out that D is still not accepting jury's verdicts, as per her latest comments, yesterday. ( In a nutshell, she had said that LL has been framed by the police)

A childhood friend of Lucy Letby has insisted she still stands by the killer nurse and will never believe she is guilty unless she hears a personal confession.
But despite 10 months of damning evidence against Letby being aired in one of Britain's longest ever trials, her schoolfriend Dawn Howe refuses to accept her guilt.

Asked yesterday if she still stood by comments in an interview on Friday that she would 'never believe she is guilty', Ms Howe told the Telegraph: 'I stand by that statement.' Ms Howe has known Letby since they attended Aylestone Secondary School in Hereford together

She did apply for bail and it was denied.

The video was her first arrest ?

Yes, it seems the video is indeed from her first arrest on 3 July 2018, and my post was in error.

I actually saw that video at the end of the timeline and never equated that video to depict LL's own home at 6 AM.

If police showed up at my home at 6 AM in July, not at all what they'd find! I doubt I'd be answering the door on the first knock fully dressed! JMO

Yes, it seems the video is indeed from her first arrest on 3 July 2018, and my post was in error.

I actually saw that video at the end of the timeline and never equated that video to depict LL's own home at 6 AM.

If police showed up at my home at 6 AM in July, not at all what they'd find! I doubt I'd be answering the door on the first knock fully dressed! JMO
with dad in tow was what made me think she knew it was going to happen. She 100% knew it was on the cards, years off clinical duties ever escalating investigations. She knew it was coming but probably not when.

none of that explains her calmness, Her being a murderer does though.

She did apply for bail and it was denied.

Letby’s lawyer, Richard Thomas, made no application for bail as he sat beside her throughout the hearing in a police station in Chester.

The nurse, from Hereford, was originally arrested in 2018 and again in 2019, but was bailed pending further inquiries. She was re-arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of murdering eight babies and attempting to murder a further nine, as part of the investigation into the Countess of Chester hospital, which began in 2017.

11-12-20 Lucy Letby: nurse accused of murdering babies remanded in custody

Is there any chance at all she is innocent and the poor little babies died of natural causes and it was a bizarre coincidence?sorry to sound stupid. I did read her notes. I just can’t imagine a nurse doing this.
No. Her own medical expert witness was not used in court.

There was no evidence adduced at trial that these deaths and collapses were natural. Only a barrister asking the jury to disregard all the expert witnesses, and all the treating doctors.

The expert witnesses did not know who was on shift when they made findings of deliberate harm. The unnatural events shifted to days when she was moved from nights. The detectives were assigned one baby each so as to not contaminate the investigation. There is no more objective evidence than that.

IMO

just thought of something about that interview though. She was arrested in a blue lee Cooper hoodie which isn’t present in the video? She’s wearing a grey jumper. Where’d she get that? I would assume that was a one day thing so didn’t take spare clothes nor were they issued by the police. So why the change in clothes?

with dad in tow was what made me think she knew it was going to happen. She 100% knew it was on the cards, years off clinical duties ever escalating investigations. She knew it was coming but probably not when.

none of that explains her calmness, Her being a murderer does though.
Her dad was there as they'd just come back off holiday together not because she was expecting a visit from the police. She would have known she would have to speak to the police at some point, but I doubt she ever expected an unannounced dawn raid, hence her paperwork collection still being there!

Yes, this. She was found guilty of murder and attempted murder beyond a reasonable doubt by both majority and unanimous verdict.

Moo I bet the no verdict discussions were agonising for the jurors. I’m so curious about the split of the vote for those charges.

Her dad was there as they'd just come back off holiday together not because she was expecting a visit from the police. She would have known she would have to speak to the police at some point, but I doubt she ever expected an unannounced dawn raid, hence her paperwork collection still being there!
I won’t lie I think the police found those papers because she seriously underestimated the situation. I don’t think she felt much fear about keeping them hence saw no reason to get rid of. It’s so blatant I can’t see any other option. Serious over confidence. She probably never intended to dispose of them. Jmo

just thought of something about that interview though. She was arrested in a blue lee Cooper hoodie which isn’t present in the video? She’s wearing a grey jumper. Where’d she get that? I would assume that was a one day thing so didn’t take spare clothes nor were they issued by the police. So why the change in clothes?
She was arrested 3rd July 2018, questioned for 3 days and released on bail 6th July 2018 so maybe her dad dropped off a change of clothes.

A nurse arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies at a UK hospital has been released on bail.

Detectives in Cheshire questioned Lucy Letby for three days before she was released on Friday morning. The 28-year-old was arrested on Tuesday as part of a year-long investigation into the deaths of babies at the Countess of Chester hospital’s neonatal unit in 2015-16.

Letby was held on suspicion of the murder of eight babies and the attempted murder of six others. She has not been charged. Police said she had been bailed pending further inquiries.

Yeah
I thought about it also.
Maybe it is a relief to drop the mask, and not to be tempted to harm any more.
Just live from one day to another by herself.
Choices are taken away and simply existing is left.

JMO
Very true. She will have the opportunity to better herself through study, reading, all those opportunities people have in prison in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper