GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letby’s lawyer, Richard Thomas, made no application for bail as he sat beside her throughout the hearing in a police station in Chester.

The nurse, from Hereford, was originally arrested in 2018 and again in 2019, but was bailed pending further inquiries. She was re-arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of murdering eight babies and attempting to murder a further nine, as part of the investigation into the Countess of Chester hospital, which began in 2017.

11-12-20 Lucy Letby: nurse accused of murdering babies remanded in custody
She was denied bail

13th Nov 2020

13th Nov 2020

"A NURSE from Hereford accused of the murders of eight babies in an alleged year-long killing spree at a hospital neonatal unit has been refused bail.

Letby, wearing grey jogging bottoms and a grey sweatshirt and carrying a bottle of water, spoke only to confirm her name and remained passive throughout the hearing, lasting around four hours and dealing with preliminary matters and a bail application.

Ben Myers QC, representing Letby, made the application for bail, which was held in private and the press benches were cleared of the dozen or so reporters in court.

An hour later press were allowed back into court to hear Judge Everett’s decision to refuse the bail application."

I would really like to know if that quote is accurate. Does anyone have a source for it? If LL’s mother really said those words, they speak absolute volumes.
A ‘source’ told the Daily Mail, so it’s hard to say if it’s true without knowing who the source is I guess.

A ‘source’ told the Daily Mail, so it’s hard to say if it’s true without knowing who the source is I guess.

Reporters don't always give the full details - just the bits that make a good headline, unfortunately.

She was arrested 3rd July 2018, questioned for 3 days and released on bail 6th July 2018 so maybe her dad dropped off a change of clothes.

A nurse arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies at a UK hospital has been released on bail.

Detectives in Cheshire questioned Lucy Letby for three days before she was released on Friday morning. The 28-year-old was arrested on Tuesday as part of a year-long investigation into the deaths of babies at the Countess of Chester hospital’s neonatal unit in 2015-16.

Letby was held on suspicion of the murder of eight babies and the attempted murder of six others. She has not been charged. Police said she had been bailed pending further inquiries.

It looked like the kind of sweatshirt you can be given while under interrrgation. Plus if you look at Tortoise's last post - on the next page - she's wearing matching joggers too.

Is there any chance at all she is innocent and the poor little babies died of natural causes and it was a bizarre coincidence?sorry to sound stupid. I did read her notes. I just can’t imagine a nurse doing this.
The thing is, all the experts and evidence agree that someone murdered or harmed those babies. So even if it wasn't LL who did it, one of the other nurses did it. And all the evidence was very telling against her. It's hard for any of us to imagine a nurse doing such horrific things, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It did.

Still, Lucy's parents were understandably devastated by her conviction and sentence. But they will continue to support her, because what else have they got left?
Her friend Dawn who has stated she will stand by her comment i.e won’t believe it’s true unless LL confesses to her is likely in the same boat. When you love someone very deeply and think you know that person, then it must be very difficult to get your head around and perhaps for some people impossible.

It's taken me this long to catch up - those victim statements were just devastating to read, so I could only manage a bit at a time. I only hope this can bring some level of closure and maybe relief to those poor families.

The sentence was I think the only one possible, and quite right too. For someone who is now only in her early 30s to face the rest of her life in prison thinking of all her actions have cost her (she's certainly not going to think of anyone else, but what she's lost will hurt!) is to my mind even a better sentence than an early death - she's caused the families of her victims to have the entire rest of their lives changed, ruined, by her actions, the same should go for her.

Thank you to everyone who's contributed to these threads throughout the trial; Tortoise's amazing organisation and ability to find the relevant evidence for any point raised, and Marynnu and JosieJo's background info on nursing really stood out as helping me to make sense of the whole thing, but everyone contributed; I may have only posted occasionally (due to struggling to keep up and rarely feeling I could add much of value) but I read and appreciated it all. I'll be happy to see all your names around on other threads, but very much hope we will never all meet on a trial of such scale again!

Is there any chance at all she is innocent and the poor little babies died of natural causes and it was a bizarre coincidence?sorry to sound stupid. I did read her notes. I just can’t imagine a nurse doing this.

Even without the note she wrote, the threads here that covered each case as it was being presented at trial convinced me of her guilt. When you combine the symptoms the babies had with what she said or wrote/ how she acted, with postmortum results, with information learned later (for example, what is known about symptoms of air embolisms, or specific changes LL made to medical records), it all adds up to only one conclusion, IMO.

Still, Lucy's parents were understandably devastated by her conviction and sentence. But they will continue to support her, because what else have they got left?

I am certain if my child committed a horrible crime, I would not try to help them get away with it, but I would want them to have a strong defense and fair trial and sentencing. I'd probably want to visit them, write them letters, even put some money into their prison account, if allowed. You don't stop loving your own child and shouldn't be expected to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo