GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

Perhaps the difference seen in the video was that it was actually LL's third arrest. She'd previously been arrested twice before for this case and released. Guess the third time was a charm where charges were filed and it moved on to prosecution. JMO

Timestamp on the video says 3rd July 2018 - her first arrest.

Would like to see the videos of her other arrests, and more footage of the police interviews.

However, the police might be concerned with causing more upset for the families, which is understandable.

In which case they should've marched proudly down to the police station, safe in.the knowledge that losing a job is worth it when lives are at stake, innocent, vulnerable baby's lives ...
Agreed. Their inaction is unfathomable.

I keep remembering, during the trial, back in February, the interchange between Mr Myers and Dr Jayaram.

Ben Myers KC, defending, said the doctors were “grown adults” who could have gone straight to the police.

Dr Jayaram replied: “We were also beginning to get a reasonable amount of pressure from senior management at the hospital not to make a fuss.

“In retrospect, we were all grown-ups and we should have stood up and not listened.”

This is horrendous. Baby Ds mother asked for her baby’s medical notes after her baby died and wanted to call the police.. her report is so sad (as are the others) but this is worth a read, managements point of view in baby Ds case in the article..

So heartbreaking to read this. I do have one question, though— when did ll say that the deaths were unimaginable?

“The mother of Child D told Manchester Crown Court: “Lucy Letby had a chance to say something to us all, parents of the victims, and she had only one word – ‘unimaginable’”

Dr Jayaram did say in retrospect ‘I wish we had bypassed [the managers] and gone straight to the police. We by no means were playing judge and jury at any point but the association [with Letby] was becoming clearer and clearer.’ :(

LL own father (and her mother I have read from the reports) BOTH attending these disciplinary meetings (or whatever they were/mediation etc) with their *adult* daughter, “A nurse” where her father threatened them with the GMC. Who knows, was he threatening to sue them aswell?

Even management Tony chambers has been widely reported to have warned the doctors there would be consequences if they did not put a line under it. Made them apologise to HER.

So you have claims of harassment, bullying, (LL piping her eyes of the “slander, victimisation and bullying”), the doctors being threatened to be struck off/ reported for harassing this young “timid” sweet little nurse.. baby Ds mother took her own legal action.. (again, management tried to block it) when the doctors found there was then an “association” with her; the biggest problem was no proof. Can you imagine if you kept doing this without proof, the harassment, struck off, destroying of their lives, maybe being sued, trying to do the right thing- yet when the police *WHERE* finally involved, management then tried to block them access too!!

Management- have bordered almost on blackmail in keeping the doctors quiet, they had gaslight the mother of baby D when she raised concerns with them too, and yet *management* let this escalate right until baby Q and when she was finally arrested; Tony chambers jumped ship with a full pension and ran for the hills like a coward. They all need to answer for that.

but a few days you still thought she was innocent ......... :oops:

ETA:
To be crystal clear why are you heartily agreeing with the post about marching down the cop shop to notify them that LL is a murderer if you personally didn't feel she was guilty? I can't fathom that

Last edited:
The rest of Lucy's life will probably last for a long time. She is only 33 now. When she looks in the mirror she sees a pretty, sweet-looking young woman. When she looks in the mirror at 43, she will probably still see a quite pretty, sweet-looking youngish woman, still young enough to find a partner and start a family. She may well be resentful that it hasn't happened and will never happen, and blame everyone else. At 53, things will have changed quite a bit. There may not be much left of youth, prettiness or sweetness by then, and her true nature will be showing through. Plus possibly by then she may be feeling as much remorse/regret as she ever will - not for all her victims (including her own parents), but for how she destroyed her own life. At 63, things will only have become worse. By then she will likely look unrecognisable to anyone who knew her before. All hope and comfort will have gone. Her parents will most likely have passed away, and there will be no one left to visit her. Former friends will be enjoying themselves with travelling, and watching their grandchildren growing up. None of that for Lucy. She will probably also have various health problems by then, physical and also quite likely depression. I doubt if life will seem worth living. At 73 - her looks and health will have deteriorated even more, and she will have become completely institutionalised. Her only comfort will be if she has found some kind of hobby, and a friend or two. Ten more long years, and she will be 83. That is not particularly old today, and there is no release from her miserable life just yet. She will have no wish to reach 93, and perhaps her final punishment will be that she does.

ETA:
To be crystal clear why are you heartily agreeing with the post about marching down the cop shop to notify them that LL is a murderer if you personally didn't feel she was guilty? I can't fathom that
[snip removed snark]
When did I say she was innocent?

Last edited by a moderator:

ETA:
It's not for me to reply on behalf of someone else, but there really is no contradiction here.

Questions are being raised, and rightly so, about what could have been done differently to prevent this kind of terrible thing happening again in future. Lessons have to be learned.

I keep remembering, during the trial, back in February, the interchange between Mr Myers and Dr Jayaram.

Ben Myers KC, defending, said the doctors were “grown adults” who could have gone straight to the police.

Dr Jayaram replied: “We were also beginning to get a reasonable amount of pressure from senior management at the hospital not to make a fuss.

“In retrospect, we were all grown-ups and we should have stood up and not listened.”

They should have gone straight to the police if they believed babies were being harmed.

So heartbreaking to read this. I do have one question, though— when did ll say that the deaths were unimaginable?

“The mother of Child D told Manchester Crown Court: “Lucy Letby had a chance to say something to us all, parents of the victims, and she had only one word – ‘unimaginable’”

When she was on the stand I think

It's not for me to reply on behalf of someone else, but there really is no contradiction here.

Questions are being raised, and rightly so, about what could have been done differently to prevent this kind of terrible thing happening again in future. Lessons have to be learned.
Exactly. This could have been stopped earlier.

Is there any chance at all she is innocent and the poor little babies died of natural causes and it was a bizarre coincidence?sorry to sound stupid. I did read her notes. I just can’t imagine a nurse doing this.

Makes you wonder doesn't it...what else this management were/are hiding. Something as serious and important as this and they were trying to keep it quiet, to keep the police away? I have a feeling there is a lot more digging to be done and a lot more to come out.

[snip removed snark]
When did I say she was innocent?
Inference

Is there any chance at all she is innocent and the poor little babies died of natural causes and it was a bizarre coincidence?sorry to sound stupid. I did read her notes. I just can’t imagine a nurse doing this.
I don't think so - I believe she's guilty - I do however believe there is more to come regarding the hospital management itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper