GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see no reason as to why this couldn't have happened, and as far as I am aware there's nothing been reported otherwise.

I don't know if there was any other employees there though? Or if he would risk it?

I'm leaning towards he had an arrangement to meet her, somewhere, and things turned nasty.

I really wonder how co-operative he is being. I hope he just holds his hands up and admits the whole truth and tells every detail. Would save Paige's family and his a lot of grief.

The thing for me is the timing. Paige goes into the Deli at about 8.15/8.20am. Witnesses are saying the shutters were pulled down at 8.30am.
Even allowing for peoples' memories to not be 100% accurate, I cant see how he could be attacking Paige during this 10 to 15 minute time frame, with his shop still open and shutters up ? anyone could have walked in at any moment.

I think it more likely that Paige left the shop and he decided to go after her ( in his car ) and offer her a lift. I know there are no sightings of Paige, that we know of, but then there would not necessarily be any, if JL caught up with her quickly enough after she walked down the street. He might even have suggested the lift while she was in the Deli, so she waited just outside for him.
If he had just locked up shop, he might have had a queue of people waiting outside, thinking he was going to be back in a few minutes.
So I think he pulled down the shutters to make it look as though he had never been open that morning, so folk would just think he was late, or ill, and go elsewhere.

He won't have to enter a plea yet and from what I remember, only the initial charges need to be entered. In a few months (I think when the actual trial date is set), then we should hear the full list of charges and his plea.

The stories have been removed from all the news sources because now that JL has been arrested, the case is sub judice and nothing potentially prejudicial can be printed/published in Scotland. Those of you that were here for the Karen Buckley case will remember that we were only getting news from the Irish media once Pacteau was charged.

(Hi everyone, I finally joined up after someone said the other night that the lurkers should join in.)

That was me! :) Thank you for joining and for your informative first post!

Will we still hear about the charges presented tomorrow in the media or can we expect to hear nothing at all until trial?

That was me! :) Thank you for joining and for your informative first post!

Will we still hear about the charges presented tomorrow in the media or can we expect to hear nothing at all until trial?

Usually the private hearing will be to confirm his name, address and Date of birth. They are not likely to give out the details of the charges presented to him, if they do I'll be surprised. He will be remanded in custody until a full commital and a plea. I'd assume.

So yeah it will be reported that he was in a private court to confirm the above and remanded in custody. We'll hear nothing more for ages after that tbh, except for the occasional hearsay which we can't discuss here, until the trial is over and he has been found guilty. This is our Scottish law. All to do with a fair trial and to stop biased perceptions.

Will we hear what exactly the charges are?

I think it more likely that Paige left the shop and he decided to go after her ( in his car ) and offer her a lift.

Respectfully snipped

You've got me thinking now ... maybe for whatever reason John and Paige had words in the Deli, just supposing he had been flirting with her and she perhaps said 'I'm going to tell my parents/your partner what you just said/did' and left the Deli - he may then have panicked and left the shop thinking he had to stop her and maybe took the knife to scare her ...

He won't have to enter a plea yet and from what I remember, only the initial charges need to be entered. In a few months (I think when the actual trial date is set), then we should hear the full list of charges and his plea.

The stories have been removed from all the news sources because now that JL has been arrested, the case is sub judice and nothing potentially prejudicial can be printed/published in Scotland. Those of you that were here for the Karen Buckley case will remember that we were only getting news from the Irish media once Pacteau was charged.

(Hi everyone, I finally joined up after someone said the other night that the lurkers should join in.)

Hi Jiminy thanks for joining in!

It'll all come out eventually when presented at trial etc, the police have done some great work over the years in the now ex "murder capital of europe"

Paige's body could have been kept in the shop, he possibly panicked and left to go and change his clothes etc and calm down to be back for the morning takeaway / deliveries. If she was a regular visitor it was potentially something which had built up over previous visits. Looking at his FB he has a new baby, which can be a very stressful time for all.

If the police have really managed to get hold of the CCTV showing the front of the shop then that will hold all the answers.

I had a look back at the old press for Rosdeep Adekoya (Mikaeel Kular) and her charges of murder and attempting to defeat the ends of justice were released after the first private court appearance from what I can see. So we may hear something tomorrow but not much.

I was trying to look for the old Karen Buckley threads but cannot find a single one - have they all been deleted?

I don't expect to hear much either, but there are lots of unanswered questions so it certainly will not be missed by MSM when the trial does take place

Looking on FB, there appears to be one less profile now showing on JL's friends list. A brother GL. I know there is another GL profile but this one was different. Now no longer showing on FB at all. The Delicious Deli FB reviews show some interesting comments relating to the said brother's history.

:welcome:

Another case that has my mind boggled! My thoughts are that Paige was a regular visitor to the deli and JL had been observing her for a while. He would therefore know she waits at the bus stop and therefore took his opportunity to 'give her a lift' drove her somewhere and well we know the rest. I then think he drove the body back to near the bus stop to make it look more like a 'mugging' or street attack rather than anything more calculated. Just my opinion of course.
Btw I can't find JL FB or the delis? Could someone link it up plz.

I've got the fb pages up for both JL and the deli and I can't see the comments - perhaps they've been taken down as I know that there are people who are reporting the comments to facebook

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've got the fb pages up for both JL and the deli and I can't see the comments - perhaps they've been taken down as I know that there are people who are reporting the comments to facebook

Lots of comments on the DD site, including over 100 in the Tell Us What You Think section

No adverse comments on JLs personal FB page but I didnt see any there over this week at all, so perhaps no one is able to post on his page

Lots of comments on the DD site, including over 100 in the Tell Us What You Think section

No adverse comments on JLs personal FB page but I didnt see any there over this week at all, so perhaps no one is able to post on his page
Yes can see them but couldn't see anything re: comments about brother - or perhaps I've misread

Yes can see them but couldn't see anything re: comments about brother - or perhaps I've misread

Ah the only brother comments I saw were elsewhere....

Do you have a link handy? Thanks :)

JL has been in court charged with murder, back in court April 1st.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back