UK police say terror plot thwarted.Planes from United Kingdom to America

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
scandi said:
I guess I was comparing these guys to AlKida { :doh: SP} who operate big time with all the training and their mysterious worldwide travel, so they can be anywhere and even living in your neighborhood in America.

Young Brits sounded less threatening to me, maybe because they are more civilized. Does that make sense? Probably not, as the Middle East has been civilized since the beginning of time. Progressive. That is what these guys have over Alkadians. They live in and come from a more progressive society.

And I would also offer you a piece of my blackberrry pie. That will make you feel real good. Haa Haa

Scandi
I'll take the pie!

chicoliving said:
Excellent questions magpie! I'm not a jet setter either.

Another Land-lubber huh?! :blowkiss: I tell ya, these feet are staying on the sweet Texas ground.

I do know it takes 9 hours to get to Paris from the East Coast. And of course there is the time differential to deal with as well.

ETA: CORRECTION It takes 7 hours to fly from NYC to Paris, so subtact an hour or so from London to Paris. I'll look it up.

magpie said:
I sure hope so!

Question: How long does it take to get to the US from UK by plane?

I am asking this because it is a little past 9am there now, and this plot was discovered at 2am there. Have any planes had time to reach the US yet?

I have never flown before.
Hi Magpie,
I have no clue how long it would take.I hope someone here knows because I am wondering that also.
As far as flying goes,I will not fly.I did one time when I was a teen,I was :sick: the entire flight.My little brother sat next to me during the flight and he wanted to beat my azz.I used more than one "sick" bag.
Respectfully,
dark

magpie said:
Another Land-lubber huh?! :blowkiss: I tell ya, these feet are staying on the sweet Texas ground.
Yep! More so now than ever!! I wonder how far from the UK these planes could get before needing more fuel? IOW Do all flights from the UK stop on the East Coast somewhere or can they get farther inland without needing refueling?? Where are the usual destinations of these UK flights??

Well then, I'm thinking maybe they haven't had time to get here yet. :confused: Where's a map, lol, JK, I am really bad at geography and math so it's hopeless on my end! France is really close to the UK right?

dark_shadows said:
Hi Magpie,
I have no clue how long it would take.I hope someone here knows because I am wondering that also.
As far as flying goes,I will not fly.I did one time when I was a teen,I was :sick: the entire flight.My little brother sat next to me during the flight and he wanted to beat my azz.I used more than one "sick" bag.
Respectfully,
dark

:D Now that really made me laugh out loud! I have always told my hubby that he would have to get me beyond drunk if I ever had to fly. I really don't think they would let an unconcious person on a plane though! :blushing:

magpie said:
Well then, I'm thinking maybe they haven't had time to get here yet. :confused: Where's a map, lol, JK, I am really bad at geography and math so it's hopeless on my end! France is really close to the UK right?
I don't think that is a long flight. Just announced that all flights from EU to UK of three hours or less have been cancelled. Scotland Yard to make statement at any minute.

OK! It takes 6 1/2 hours to fly from NYC to London.
OMG, I just heard the terrorists had not yet boarded their airplanes but were very close to doing so! That was iminent, for sure.

I bet they were booked on flights leaving on the 11th.

FOX News:

6 planes, maybe as many as 50 people have already been arrested.

The plot has been linked to Al Quaeda.

The suspected passengers had not already boarded the planes, but they were close to boarding, details are sketchy.

Fox reported that it was a foot print to Al Quaeda. There were 6 planes in the plot not 20 and the plot was very very close to taking place. They reported this was the real deal. And they believe there may of been dozens of people involved in this plot.

WindChime said:
Fox reported that it was a foot print to Al Quaeda. There were 6 planes in the plot not 20 and the plot was very very close to taking place. They reported this was the real deal. And they believe there may of been dozens of people involved in this plot.

We posted at the same time -- You owe me a Coke! :D

magpie said:
FOX News:

6 planes, maybe as many as 50 people have already been arrested.

The plot has been linked to Al Quaeda.

The suspected passengers had not already boarded the planes, but they were close to boarding, details are sketchy.
Makes sense...gotta stop them just prior to prove intent probably and to catch them with the "goods".

magpie said:
:D Now that really made me laugh out loud! I have always told my hubby that he would have to get me beyond drunk if I ever had to fly. I really don't think they would let an unconcious person on a plane though! :blushing:
Magpie,:)
:D

Hopefully you will never have to fly.
I watched a re-run of the A-Team yesterday and they put Mr.T to sleep to put him on a plane.

By Adrian Croft in London

August 10, 2006 05:24pm

BRITISH police said tonight they had thwarted a plot to blow up aircraft in mid-flight between Britain and the US, and had arrested more than 15 people.

Britain's security services raised the threat level to the country to "critical" from "severe", the highest of its five ratings which means "an attack is expected imminently".

The United States Government also raised its threat levels, saying it could not be sure the plot had been completely thwarted.

more at link:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20082570-1702,00.html

scandi said:
OK! It takes 6 1/2 hours to fly from NYC to London.
OMG, I just heard the terrorists had not yet boarded their airplanes but were very close to doing so! That was iminent, for sure.

I bet they were booked on flights leaving on the 11th.

6 and 1/2 hours, so if the plane was headed to California a little longer. Maybe not arrived yet.

You could be right about them boarding on the 11th. FOX was very cryptic about what they just reported, said it was unconfirmed, but close to taking place.

WindChime said:
Hi WindChime,:)
Nice to see you.

magpie said:
6 and 1/2 hours, so if the plane was headed to California a little longer. Maybe not arrived yet.

You could be right about them boarding on the 11th. FOX was very cryptic about what they just reported, said it was unconfirmed, but close to taking place.
Are there direct flights from UK to CA? Seems like they would need to refuel but again I just don't know.

magpie said:
We posted at the same time -- You owe me a Coke! :D
LOL Yes we sure did magpie "Handing you a good cold coke" :blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member