UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999-2002 *settled* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it is good to be Queen. The Queen has seen a lot in the 70 years she has been on the throne. IMO she carries the stiff upper lip tradition that she was brought up with. Elizabeth never expected to be queen until her uncle abdicated and her father died. Unfortunately, she has not been able to adapt and adjust to all of the changing times with the expansion of the royals. Not that she has had a bad life but she bought into the idea of everything proper. Her family seems to want more control of their lives. However, Andrew (reportedly) is he favorite child. IMO he did the big payout instead of going to court because of the Queen's 70th jubilee. It was not her shining moment by choosing to wave Andrew front and center in a jubilee event. At some point, the Brits might question the value of a monarchy. Many countries have royal families but England gets the most press.

I honestly dont understand why you think the Queen hasnt been able to adapt or why the family want more control of their lives and also....Andrew did not even attend a Jubilee event. He did attend his own fathers memorial though.

The Cambridges Windsor Move Is Because of Prince Andrew

Prince William and Kate Middleton Are Moving to Windsor ASAP as Royals Fear the Queen Is Too Close to Andrew

Prince Andrew lives next door to the Queen and the Cambridges aren't having it.

So...why the move? Aside from wanting to be closer to the Queen, there are reportedly concerns amongst the royals that Her Majesty is spending too much time with her disgraced son Prince Andrew—who lives right next to her.

Not exactly right next door....and also Edward and Sophie are very close to the Queen and reportedly spend a lot of time with her.

The Platinum Jubilee celebrations gave us a glimpse into a world without Queen Elizabeth​

(...)

Despite leaving public life, following sex abuse allegations, the Duke of York — often referred to as "the Queen's favourite son" — was expected to want to pay tribute to his mother, and she, many felt, wouldn't prevent him from doing so.

But Andrew didn't join the Trooping procession and then he tested positive for COVID, meaning the awkward daily enquiry of whether he might pop up was avoided. Conveniently for the Palace, some have said.

(...)

The Cambridges Windsor Move Is Because of Prince Andrew

Prince William and Kate Middleton Are Moving to Windsor ASAP as Royals Fear the Queen Is Too Close to Andrew

Prince Andrew lives next door to the Queen and the Cambridges aren't having it.

So...why the move? Aside from wanting to be closer to the Queen, there are reportedly concerns amongst the royals that Her Majesty is spending too much time with her disgraced son Prince Andrew—who lives right next to her.

Btw I am not sure how much of this article is actually true even. it says they are looking at private residences because the Royal Lodge is not available but there are many others that are empty. Its also been said that they may go to Berkshire which is where the Middletons live but the Cambridges havent even said they are moving just the tabloids saying it. IF they do move I doubt it is because of Andrew. Obviously the Queen is getting older and the natural progression means all their bases will be changed. It does make sense to move if they are going to before the kids hit senior school though.

Last edited:
Just to say Windsor is in Berkshire. Also, the children will probably go to boarding school for secondary like their parents so location is not that relevant.

I honestly dont understand why you think the Queen hasnt been able to adapt or why the family want more control of their lives and also....Andrew did not even attend a Jubilee event. He did attend his own fathers memorial though.
IMHO I respect the Royals but that does not mean all decisions made are perfect. The only thing I have in common with the Queen is I share the April 21st birth date. I don't live in the UK as it appears you don't live in the US. My opinion is based on my perceptions as a result of media. As with most political figures, including those from the US, there can be opinions based on observations. I can't speak for other postings but I simply stated my opinion with no intention of ruffling feathers.

Just to say Windsor is in Berkshire. Also, the children will probably go to boarding school for secondary like their parents so location is not that relevant.
Yes but there has been a lot of rumours they will go to the town where the Middletons live...and yes you care correct they may go to boarding school when the time comes...but for little Louis that wont be for seven years....ugh theres a lot of rumours and I know its been said they will likely move to Windsor where the Queen lives when the time comes but..who knows

IMHO I respect the Royals but that does not mean all decisions made are perfect. The only thing I have in common with the Queen is I share the April 21st birth date. I don't live in the UK as it appears you don't live in the US. My opinion is based on my perceptions as a result of media. As with most political figures, including those from the US, there can be opinions based on observations. I can't speak for other postings but I simply stated my opinion with no intention of ruffling feathers.
No one has said all the decisions are perfect....but one thing I will say is a lot of the media....isnt necessarily correct....and Andrew definetly wasnt at any Jubilee events.

Prince Andrew to make ‘unexpected return to public life’ on Monday​

Many thought the Duke of York’s sex abuse lawsuit would mean the end of his public life.

(...)

As a member of the Order of the Garter – the UK’s oldest and most senior order of chivalry – the duke will attend the Garter Day service at Windsor Castle on Monday.

He will appear alongside other royals, as the Firm ‘supports him as he starts to rebuild his life’.

Palace sources confirmed to the Sunday Times that Andrew is hoping to take his life in a ‘different direction’ after stepping back from royal duties to fight his case.

(...)

A senior palace source told the Sunday Times: ‘Clearly at some point soon, thought will have to be given to how to support the duke as, away from the public gaze, he seeks to slowly rebuild his life in a different direction.

'There is of course a real awareness and sensitivity to public feelings.

‘There is also recognition that the task of starting to support him as he begins to rebuild his life will be the first step on a long road and one that should not be played out every day in the glare of the public spotlight.’

A previous statement about the event at the Windsor Castle chapel had made no mention of the Duke of York.

(...)

Palace to ‘support Andrew in rebuilding his life’ as pariah prince makes surprise return to public duty​

If the royal family hoped — and most of them did — that the Duke of York would quietly fade away into a discreet existence of horse riding and private lunches with the Queen behind castle walls, their hopes have been dashed.

Prince Andrew — who recently paid a multimillion-pound settlement to Virginia Giuffre to keep her allegations of sexual abuse, which he denies, out of court — is set to make a controversial return to public life on Monday.

(...)

hes not been found guilty of anything but I doubt he is getting funded by the tax payer now so would only receive his military pension.

And his trust fund monies. I believe they all got monies from the Queen Mother and he may have inherited from Prince Phillip.

I do agree that he has never been charged nor found guilty of a crime anywhere in the world.

Yes, he should have had more sense in choosing his friends/associates.

And his trust fund monies. I believe they all got monies from the Queen Mother and he may have inherited from Prince Phillip.

I do agree that he has never been charged nor found guilty of a crime anywhere in the world.

Yes, he should have had more sense in choosing his friends/associates.

to be honest if he got money from the Queen Mother I imagine that has long gone. I dont know what he was left if anything from his dad but...the man never seems to have any money to be honest and if he did have a lot of money floating around he wouldnt have needed to sell the Chalet to pay VG. Saying that he did get a nice new motor from somewhere.

Reactions: JDG
I believe they get courtesy cars. Freebies to you and I.

"The last minute U-Turn..."

Last edited:

Oh dear.
Talk about Karma.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members