UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999 - 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"With no official duties to perform, he will no longer receive public funds but will be free as a private citizen to take paid work in the private sector or source money through other private means to fund his very expensive legal effort. That would have been seen as a conflict of interest while he was an HRH."

So as a private citizen, he can work or source money some other way. I wonder how he will earn money now? It’s hard to believe he won’t be getting some kind of money coming in due to his privilege. MOO.

The Queen has vast personal wealth, I'm sure she wouldn't see him having to go to a food bank.
Perhaps he & Fergie can be down sized to Frogmore or Nottingham Cottage.

JMO

Last edited:
The Queen has vast personal wealth, I'm sure she wouldn't see him having to go to a food bank.
Perhaps he & Fergie can be down sized to Frogmore or Nottingham Cottage.

JMO

The Queen has been keeping PA for years and will continue to do so I suspect. She just won’t pay his legal bills or settlement.

As he soon will have no ‘assets’ once the chalet is sold, he can likely have a settlement against him and not have the wherewithal to pay up. MOO, IMO

How Prince Andrew became the Queen’s impossible choice

Prince Andrew reportedly won't attend the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations after she stripped him of his military titles

It must have been unbearable for the Queen in the twilight of her impeccable reign, and preparing to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee, to have had to choose between being a monarch or a mother. Yet, her decision should come as no surprise.

Although it is often said that Andrew is her favourite child, the regal code of duty – country first, familial devotion second – is imprinted in her DNA. Like her grandmother, Queen Mary, who overrode her own maternal instincts to save the monarchy at the time of Edward’s VIII’s abdication in 1936, the Queen, now 95, will do whatever necessary to preserve the institution to which she has pledged her entire life.

It is no exaggeration to say that the reputational damage of Andrew’s staggeringly ill-advised friendships with convicted paedophiles Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell looks set to shake the foundations of the monarchy with force not seen since the abdication of the Duke of Windsor in 1936.

The problem when royals become mere mortals is that they suddenly find themselves with little to give ballast to their lives.

Andrew first had a taste of exclusion from The Firm in November 2019; in the wake of public outrage at his car-crash Newsnight interview, he issued a statement saying that he was stepping down from life as a working royal due to his “ill-judged” association with Epstein.

Alas, far from a sybaritic future, it was Prince Andrew’s money problems that drew him into multi-millionaire Jeffrey Epstein’s vile orbit in the first place. Just as Edward was obsessed with never having enough money, Andrew now has huge legal bills and security costs to foot.

Unlike the Windsors, who were unable to have children, Andrew and Sarah have Beatrice, 33, and Eugenie, 31 – and now grandchildren, too. The princesses have said nothing in public.

In private, insiders say, they are mortified. Beatrice, in particular, is said to be “absolutely devastated” that her 18th birthday ball was besmirched when a photograph came to light of Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell standing in the Windsor grounds.

I feel so bad for innocent family members having to deal with the consequences of their other family members poor choices. I know the girls are grown women and used to being in the public eye. But I can't even imagine having to deal with my father on trial for these things.

I feel so bad for innocent family members having to deal with the consequences of their other family members poor choices. I know the girls are grown women and used to being in the public eye. But I can't even imagine having to deal with my father on trial for these things.

I have a feeling they’ve observed their father in action over the years with his penchant for living on the edge, but that would make it no less humiliating for them I’m sure. OTOH, denial can run deep in family systems too. IMO.

I have a feeling they’ve observed their father in action over the years with his penchant for living on the edge, but that would make it no less humiliating for them I’m sure. OTOH, denial can run deep in family systems too. IMO.
"Penchant for living on the edge" you said.

Isn't it a sign of desperation to find his own place in the Family, besides being just a "spare"?

Trying to attract attention, even in a "bad way"?

Last edited:
Prince Andrew sex abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre seeks British authorities’ help finding witnesses in civil lawsuit

NEW YORK — Lawyers for a woman who accused Jeffrey Epstein pal Prince Andrew of abusing her want British authorities’ help tracking down a witness who saw her with Andrew decades ago.

Virginia Giuffre’s lawyers on Friday asked Manhattan Federal Judge Lewis Kaplan to seek help from the Senior Master of the Royal Courts of London to find the eyewitness, Shukri Walker.

Giuffre says Walker saw her with Andrew at a London night club before he abused her in March 2001. She wants her lawyers to depose Walker as part of her lawsuit against the British royal.

“Because Prince Andrew has denied ever meeting (Giuffre) or being at Tramp Nightclub during the relevant time period, Ms. Walker’s testimony is highly relevant,” Giuffre’s lawyer Sigrid McCawley wrote the judge.

Walker’s lawyer Lisa Bloom — who represents several Epstein victims — told the FBI in August 2020 that her client could corroborate Giuffre’s claim that she was at the nightclub with Andrew, according to The Guardian.

Giuffre claims Ghislaine Maxwell was there, too.

Why would they need the courts to track down witnesses? Can the UK courts even do that for a civil case???

They were still in nappies at the time of their mother's famous toe-sucking scandal with an American millionaire on St. Tropez, and they were accused of an extravagent, unseemly lifestyle themselves as younger women.

In general, it seems mingling with the jet-set crowd a la Edward VII, Princess Margaret, Diana, Harry & Megan, always leads to disaster.

JMO

Why Prince Andrew hasn't lost his 'prince' and 'duke' titles yet, according to a royal expert

Andrew will no longer use his HRH title in any official capacity, a royal source told Insider on Thursday. But some public figures are asking why he still gets to use his other royal titles, which include "prince" and "Duke of York."

"If he's stripped of title why is everyone still calling him prince Andrew instead of Andrew?" Jake Shields, a former UFC/MMA fighter wrote on Twitter.

"Prince Andrew still can't be Duke of York. If the Queen is going to strip him of some, he should be stripped of everything for same reasons," author and women's rights activist Dr. Shola Mos-Shogbamimu wrote on Twitter. "Losing HRH doesn't cover it - after all Royal Family made Diana lose HRH status and she had to fight to keep Princess of Wales title."

However, Buckingham Palace hasn't removed his royal titles because it can't — not without British parliament. Doing so would be a complex process, according to Marlene Koenig, a royal historian and expert on British and European royalty.

The Queen cannot remove Andrew's titles without parliament

As a son of the Queen, Andrew was born with his HRH title and prince title in 1960. He was made the Duke of York upon his marriage to Sarah Ferguson in 1986, The Guardian reported. Ferguson retained her Duchess of York title when they divorced a decade later.

Koenig told Insider that it would "take an act of Parliament followed by royal assent" to remove these titles.

@KlasfeldReports
·
5m

New— Virginia Giuffre's counsel seek a judge's help securing testimony overseas from: * Shukri Walker, "who claims to have seen Prince Andrew at Tramp Nightclub in London with a young girl" from the time of Giuffre's allegations. * Robert Olney, Andrew's ex-equerry (assistant)

FJF4zUuXoAAY9un
Looks like we will need to be remembering names and more names.

Well, as a foreigner I have no detailed knowledge of British Press :)

The Daily Mail is one step up from a comic. Look out for articles that have quotes from “an unnamed source”, “a source close to..” etc etc, and cross check against more reputable news outlets like the BBC/ITV/Reuters. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Haha
As Im a visual person, that is OK with me :):p

To be fair to them they ALWAYS have the best and most photos. That is because they have thousands of ad hoc reporters all over the world, willing to sell their soul photos to the London office.

I’m not saying don’t believe a word - they definitely have their uses for us sleuthers - but be wary of excitable headlines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member