GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm the fact that they've said they won't confirm is very telling to me. It wouldnt take them long to ring the work and see what time he was there that day and until when? If he was at work and the police confirmed it, surely they'd just say?

Commiserations. ;)

I know others have picked up on this too but seriously.. what? Surely they know this by now. This must be poor reporting, or someone isn't cooperating.

Is there evidence that she actually left the house, or that she was last seen at the house. Check the attic. Just saying...

Hmm the fact that they've said they can't confirm is very telling to me. It wouldnt take them long to ring the work and see what time he was there that day and until when?
I believe they know whether he was or not but did not want to discuss it with press

It's main headline on Daily Mail site but not figuring on BBCs front page.

I assume the police and media have a link somehow, and sometimes the police are really urging the press to push a story as they genuinely need info from the public. And then other times there is less of a reporting urgency because they essentially already know what's happened and just need to quietly gather evidence.

I think certain areas of the press are more interested in more "wider impact" stories such as the ISIS school girls

Have to disagree there, I think this case is far more high profile than poor Alice's was at the same stage :(

Sorry, I'm sure you're right - I had a break from websleuths when Alice Goss was in the news. It seemed like it was everywhere but thinking back, it was a week or so until it actually made the news.

Question: can I phones be traced when they're not switched on??? I don't know. I hate I phones but I know with my phone (personal experience of being mugged) it could be tracked even when not switched on. It was only when the sim card was taken out that it couldn't be

The SIM card could have been taken out. I think they would have tried to track her phone seen as its missing along with her. No mention of any pings or tracking..

Just spoken to other half who is iPhone geek. He said the latest operating system automatically sends your last location to Apple when battery is low. You need to log into your apple account to view it though

The SIM card could have been taken out. I think they would have tried to track her phone seen as its missing along with her. No mention of any pings or tracking..

Perhaps they already know where it last pinged and when. That could be why they are focusing on the house, if it appears the phone never left (at least not until it was switched off). In fact, I think they already know a lot more than we do. I get the impression the police are releasing information deliberately designed to hint at what they suspect ... and we are all joining the dots as intended. MOO.

They could do. They probably do know a lot more than we do you're right. Hopefully doesn't take long to solve which I don't think it will. Unless they found something suspicious in the house but are keeping quiet about it for now? Who knows. All the activity does seem to be at the dad and step mums house though.

The poor girl :(

Hopefully major updates released tomorrow!

Totally agree on the white van thang, I did a massive eye roll when I read that.

As for Shannon - we can only hope it ends up with the same result but I somehow doubt it very much :(

I can see where you all are coming from, but I would hope that the police aren't focused on one area of the case and let the van tip slip by. Just because someone may appear guilty of something, what if they truly are innocent? They can't discredit something because they have hunches based on someone's behavior. People act unusual all of the time, even in daily normal life - So then add that his daughter is missing and the spotlight is on him. I honestly wonder if her online footprint attracted a predator. I can't for the life of me understand why her dad would say such a strange thing about the blood in an innocent way but weird behavior and people aren't always guilty. He's still a victim in all of this and even though he may be being under investigation it doesn't make his credibility vanish - yet. So I would just be cautious to pass judgement to the point that information is being overlooked. Maybe that is silly but it is my honest opinion. It worries me when cases start focusing only one one area when there isn't any factual evidence pointing in that direction. Maybe it is hopeful thinking and wishing she is okay and will come home. :(

I can see where you all are coming from, but I would hope that the police aren't focused on one area of the case and let the van tip slip by. Just because someone may appear guilty of something, what if they truly are innocent? They can't discredit something because they have hunches based on someone's behavior. People act unusual all of the time, even in daily normal life - So then add that his daughter is missing and the spotlight is on him. I honestly wonder if her online footprint attracted a predator. I can't for the life of me understand why her dad would say such a strange thing about the blood in an innocent way but weird behavior and people aren't always guilty. He's still a victim in all of this and even though he may be being under investigation it doesn't make his credibility vanish - yet. So I would just be cautious to pass judgement to the point that information is being overlooked. Maybe that is silly but it is my honest opinion. It worries me when cases start focusing only one one area when there isn't any factual evidence pointing in that direction. Maybe it is hopeful thinking and wishing she is okay and will come home. :(
I voiced the same concern earlier today

Re other people being at the house, there's no one other than Dad and Step mum on the electoral register as living there so who could these 'other family' members be who'd be at the house when neither D or A were there?

The online details are from the edited version of the electoral register, omitting anyone who's opted out from being in the version that can be sold to commercial companies. So anyone who's ticked the box when they registered won't be shown. (And of course not under 18s.)

I'm sure behind the scenes they are working on all other options. Still, I've not heard of any other properties being searched as thoroughly as the family's home.

I remain open minded. Been here long enough to see many a strange twist in the tales!

Aside from "a navy puffy coat" has it been confirmed what she was wearing that morning.. I don't think it has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member