GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully agree with everything you've just said :) I'm thinking exactly the same!

I just don't get how the police are still trying to find out if anyone in the house actually saw her leave? Why wouldn't the people present remember? They must have been questioned about it the next day, or maybe one day after that, so hardly enough time to forget.

I could understand if it was at a party late at night and every was drunk or had been doing drugs, so wouldn't necessarily notice who was coming and going - but this was 11.00am in the morning! Makes me wonder what everyone was up to that morning if their memories are really that bad - unless they have selective memories.

MOO.

And if it was the brothers 20th birthday that day, he could have had people around celebrating. 11am is early to drink for some but not for others.

I remember reading the police have said that there were family members present in the house when Rebecca was there. There could have been a few around for birthday drinks (very early I know but some people do start early!).

I'd have thought the people present would know if she left or not though! At least one should know. God knows what was going on in the house that morning if the police still don't know!

So IF its confirmed that the dad wasn't at work that day when he said he was, why lie?

I'm not blaming him or anything. It's just the police saying that they won't confirm that at this stage that has me wondering.

Surely they'd just say something along the lines of "yes it's been confirmed that the dad was in fact at work that morning. It's easy enough to say, why hold back? They've said that family members were present but no mention of the dad being at work.. Why?

Is it possible that, at the party, she had told her family she'd be heading out at 11:00 am the next morning. But no one actually saw her head out and everyone assumed the other person saw her leave.

It's 00:38 am here! I'm so tired but I'm so glued to this case, I can't put my phone down :lol:

The first thing I did this morning was check for any updates!

Is it possible that, at the party, she had told her family she'd be heading out at 11:00 am the next morning. But no one actually saw her head out and everyone assumed the other person saw her leave.

We dont definitively know if there was a party. Maybe just a few people around the house, like a gathering? It was her brothers 20th birthday on the same day that she was last seen & disappeared, not the day before. We don't actually know who was at the house that morning or who saw her last. We originally thought it was the step mum as she left to go to a hospital appointment but now it's been said that they were other family members present there too. It's not been said who those people are though but the police did say family memberS, not member so there were more than one present.

"Yes, there were other people in the house at that time (when she went missing). Yes, there were family members.

RSBM & BBM

Notice how it says 'there were' not 'they were' implies there may have been also non family members there. JMO

This is my first Websleuths post - long time lurker and slightly intimidated at all you clever people and your sleuthing skills!!

I'm finding the vagueness of this case extremely odd! Is there any part of it that is certain other than the fact we know Rebecca is missing? The 'facts' we are drip-fed seem to be contradicted.

However, it's no wonder that Rebecca would send a text saying 'who would miss me if I disappeared?' if this is true that this text was sent. This is a 16 year old girl who it appears lives with a Dad and Stepmum who don't know her comings and goings, where she is staying and can't even give a reasonable description of what she may be wearing other than a coat? The last bit may be difficult if she wasn't dressed when they left but surely they could look at her wardrobe or shoes and have a better idea? There's also her Mum who hasn't spoken to her since February 8th? We all know 16 year olds like their own space and parents are the enemy but even prior to Rebecca going missing, this situation was sad.

That aside, I don't believe that she's went missing at her own doing. I don't know a 16 year old who could turn off their phone for so long never mind pull of a complete disappearing act without anyone seeing them. I, like many of you on here, found the Dad's appeal contrived - the keeping the face covered as well and then walking off because he was too grief stricken? Hmm. That combined with the weird comment on facebook just really doesn't sit well with me. It feels like he was trying to ensure that people were aware that Rebecca had came in harm's way and create suspicion of others removing any doubt cast upon them?! There is no way they have been advised to write that by the police or to ask that amongst peers. There was another status regarding not making a mess that I found slightly strange too - almost like saying what he thinks SHOULD be said.

I also feel that this case is being treated more seriously than a standard missing person or runaway. A family member of a close friend of mine went missing last year but it was suspected it was at their own doing and whilst the search was large locally, the focus on the family and the home was nowhere near intense. Obviously every case is different but it just feels like they are treating this like a crime has been committed.

I really hope I'm wrong though and she's home safe soon.

We're all thinking of you Becky x

This is my first Websleuths post - long time lurker and slightly intimidated at all you clever people and your sleuthing skills!!

I'm finding the vagueness of this case extremely odd! Is there any part of it that is certain other than the fact we know Rebecca is missing? The 'facts' we are drip-fed seem to be contradicted.

However, it's no wonder that Rebecca would send a text saying 'who would miss me if I disappeared?' if this is true that this text was sent. This is a 16 year old girl who it appears lives with a Dad and Stepmum who don't know her comings and goings, where she is staying and can't even give a reasonable description of what she may be wearing other than a coat? The last bit may be difficult if she wasn't dressed when they left but surely they could look at her wardrobe or shoes and have a better idea? There's also her Mum who hasn't spoken to her since February 8th? We all know 16 year olds like their own space and parents are the enemy but even prior to Rebecca going missing, this situation was sad.

That aside, I don't believe that she's went missing at her own doing. I don't know a 16 year old who could turn off their phone for so long never mind pull of a complete disappearing act without anyone seeing them. I, like many of you on here, found the Dad's appeal contrived - the keeping the face covered as well and then walking off because he was too grief stricken? Hmm. That combined with the weird comment on facebook just really doesn't sit well with me. It feels like he was trying to ensure that people were aware that Rebecca had came in harm's way and create suspicion of others removing any doubt cast upon them?! There is no way they have been advised to write that by the police or to ask that amongst peers. There was another status regarding not making a mess that I found slightly strange too - almost like saying what he thinks SHOULD be said.

I also feel that this case is being treated more seriously than a standard missing person or runaway. A family member of a close friend of mine went missing last year but it was suspected it was at their own doing and whilst the search was large locally, the focus on the family and the home was nowhere near intense. Obviously every case is different but it just feels like they are treating this like a crime has been committed.

I really hope I'm wrong though and she's home safe soon.

We're all thinking of you Becky x

Great first post! Some very good points you made there. Welcome to Websleuths! :welcome: x x

Thank you �� xx

Also has anyone found a Twitter for Rebecca? Or is it just facebook? I'm aware some of her friends have instagram but didn't see one for Rebecca.

I think stress/despair in these circumstances can make anyone act 'weird' and posting a status on your own Facebook profile such as the father did (regrading time of the month) may have just been that, and him covering all bases, worrying that this kind of evidence may go overlooked. He doesn't appear all that tech savvy so the CAPS & posting 4 times are probably due to that. I'm slow to point the finger at the 'weird' people since the eccentric Christopher Jefferies was lynched by the media in the case of Jo Yeates. Also, in the appeal video I think only forensic psychologists & body language experts can be almost certain as to how genuine he is - I dread to think what I would be like in that situation, probably covering my face as it's a surreal, awkward, very public situation where you know people are trying to catch you out. Plus his son/(someone said brother) shows little emotion in contrast but nobody has really mentioned that. Having said all this in his defence, nothing surprises me anymore.

I totally understand the anxious-in-real-life/confident-when-online personas having been diagnosed with social phobia myself, and working as a social media manager! I was also anxious about buying things at tills, at a bar, etc. Being socially anxious doesn't mean you'd never meet anyone from the internet though, which I sometimes did when younger - just means it's easier to build a rapport online first.

I have questions too.. apologies if these have already been discussed/answered, have read all the posts here today but a lot to take in!
My questions are:

*Who did she stay with the night before?
*What content was in the texts between her and her boyfriend?
*Is it known that she 'read' the text from her friend that day, or her phone 'received' the text (as in a delivery report - doesn't mean she actually saw it).. she probably did though if she text her boyfriend after.
*How late was the last message she sent to her boyfriend? What did it say? Where was it sent from?
*What time did her phone turn off?
*Does the house have a back garden? Is there a way out/gate/door/exit/path from the back garden?

I hope with all my heart she returns safe and well.

:welcome: to WS missy! Great first post! Glad you took the plunge

I felt the same way and lurked for over a year before I plucked up the nerve to post. I need not have worried, the members and mods here are awesome! :)

@RapunzelUK

1. Her dad said she stayed at a friends. That mystery friend hasn't yet been named or come forward to say Rebecca was there as far as were aware.

2. She text him arranging to meet but he didn't reply because he was at the dentist.

3. Courtney her best friend said the text was delivered AND read. But Becky never responded.

4. Not sure.

5. The phone was switched off Thursday afternoon. Her parents tried to phone her but it was off. No actual time given.

6. Yes there is a back garden. Not sure on exits or way out the back though.

Probably isn't much help but i answered the best I could on what I have read.

Thanks Natalie, much appreciated!

@RapunzelUK

1. Her dad said she stayed at a friends. That mystery friend hasn't yet been named or come forward to say Rebecca was there as far as were aware.

2. I think she text him arranging to meet but he didn't reply because he was at the dentist.

3. I think she actually read it as in opened it. She must have had her read report on. Delivered and read are two different things.

4. The phone was switched off Thursday afternoon. Her parents tried to phone her but it was off. No actual time given.

5. Again, unsure.

Probably isn't much help but i answered the best I could on what I have read.

It's 20 to 2 in the morning! :eek: I think I should get some sleep :lol:

The time goes so fast when you're on here. Hopefully more updates tomorrow.

Goodnight! X x x :bed: :countsheep:

Me too!

I'll be very unproductive at work tomorrow. Hope there is some good news tomorrow tho. Goodnight!

P.s I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this or not but a family member has recently posted a status protesting DG's innocence on their fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14