GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So -- which does this case remind you of, past-missing-persons-cases-wise? Anyone?

Alice Gross? Tia Sharp? Joanna Yeates? April Jones? Maybe not those, but other?

Just curious.

So -- which does this case remind you of, past-missing-persons-cases-wise? Anyone?

Just curious.
Sydney Randall and Cassie Compton come to mind, to name just 2. Nobody saw either of those girls leave their house.

jmo

The latest information that there were "other family members in the house when she went missing" does sound as if there were several people there, but I think it's possible, that it might just refer to her father and step mother (although strictly speaking, the step mother had already left).

I know it's awkwardly worded, but I think the police were being deliberately vague, as they didn't want to say if the father was there or not. It was originally reported that he was at work, but it appears as if that is now in doubt. In any event, there had to be someone there because how else would they know what time she supposedly left the house?

I am trying with all my might to keep my mind open and not start condemning without more facts; it's getting hard. I know LE withholds info so that the Perp will slip up and say things they couldn't know (unless they were the Perp), and what not....but this just isn't looking good for some folks, at all. I'm so eager to hear more details from the boyfriend and the best friend. What they know will connect most of the dots, I hope.

If there were other people in the house, it's possible at 11am that they may still be sleeping so couldn't confirm exact time Becky 'left' ...

Just my own middle of the night ramblings ... the Facebook photos of Becky are so misleading, she looks like a pouting glamour model and in the video, hoody on, no make up, she looks a completely different girl ....

I am wondering if Dad is telling us who did it with his "weird"comments and the son confirming it with his comments of it being an impulsive act. Were they drinking a lot, celebrating his 20th Birthday and something inappropriate happened, Dad is protecting his son and grieving for his daughter.

I am wondering if Dad is telling us who did it with his "weird"comments and the son confirming it with his comments of it being an impulsive act. Were they drinking a lot, celebrating his 20th Birthday and something inappropriate happened, Dad is protecting his son and grieving for his daughter.

I thought the guy in the video with Becky's dad was an uncle, not the brother who had a birthday?

I'm :fence: (Not really but that's all I'm willing to say at the moment)

If there were other people in the house, it's possible at 11am that they may still be sleeping so couldn't confirm exact time Becky 'left' ...

Just my own middle of the night ramblings ... the Facebook photos of Becky are so misleading, she looks like a pouting glamour model and in the video, hoody on, no make up, she looks a completely different girl ....
Had to get some sleep but I'm back.. hopefully I can get a bit more work done today. ..

Good point about the sleeping, I hadn't even thought of that

The younger man on the sofa is Becky's Uncle Joe not her brother.

There has been NO suggestion anywhere that there was any party, gathering or get together.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I was trying to find if anything about CCTV footage has been spoken about from the police or media?

Just curious.

For me, reminds me of two UK cases. Firstly, Nida Naseer. She apparently left home one night (in the rain, no coat or shoes) after putting the bins out, in December. There had been arguments with family over university. Nobody saw her leave the house, no cctv, no witnesses etc. Her body was found a few months later at a bird reserve, a few miles away. Inquest talked about possibility of her "falling from a bridge" but her body showed no signs of injury. This one bothers me, I don't see accident/suicide myself. Open Verdict.

Tia Sharp. For the simple reason, despite being reported to have left the house, there were no sightings of her, nothing on cctv, no phone pings. And we all know how that case ended.

I guess the only other similar case, is that of Claudia Lawrence in that both of them apparently disappeared after leaving home one morning - but there isn't any evidence to show either left home. Again though, very different background.

It's made it to BBC Bristol - but not the main news outlets as far as I can tell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-31638297

I was talking to my husband about this case last night, and despite being quite up to date with current news and working in Bristol every day, he hadn't heard anything about Becky Watts until I told him about it. I hope that the main news channels start featuring her disappearance soon, and then maybe we can get some answers.

Just curious.

This reminds me so much of Tia Sharp.

There was an interesting TV programme about a year ago on ITV called "The Lying Game:The crimes that fooled Britain" (details here: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week2/lying-game-crimes-fooled-britain), which had a section on how the police sometimes want family members to take part in press conferences/public appeals to see how they react under the spotlight, the body language can be very telling.
I've watched the Becky Watts press conference (The one with the father and the police) and spotted a few things that remind me of some of the cases featured in that programme.

This is my first Websleuths post - long time lurker and slightly intimidated at all you clever people and your sleuthing skills!!

I'm finding the vagueness of this case extremely odd! Is there any part of it that is certain other than the fact we know Rebecca is missing? The 'facts' we are drip-fed seem to be contradicted.

However, it's no wonder that Rebecca would send a text saying 'who would miss me if I disappeared?' if this is true that this text was sent. This is a 16 year old girl who it appears lives with a Dad and Stepmum who don't know her comings and goings, where she is staying and can't even give a reasonable description of what she may be wearing other than a coat? The last bit may be difficult if she wasn't dressed when they left but surely they could look at her wardrobe or shoes and have a better idea? There's also her Mum who hasn't spoken to her since February 8th? We all know 16 year olds like their own space and parents are the enemy but even prior to Rebecca going missing, this situation was sad.

That aside, I don't believe that she's went missing at her own doing. I don't know a 16 year old who could turn off their phone for so long never mind pull of a complete disappearing act without anyone seeing them. I, like many of you on here, found the Dad's appeal contrived - the keeping the face covered as well and then walking off because he was too grief stricken? Hmm. That combined with the weird comment on facebook just really doesn't sit well with me. It feels like he was trying to ensure that people were aware that Rebecca had came in harm's way and create suspicion of others removing any doubt cast upon them?! There is no way they have been advised to write that by the police or to ask that amongst peers. There was another status regarding not making a mess that I found slightly strange too - almost like saying what he thinks SHOULD be said.

I also feel that this case is being treated more seriously than a standard missing person or runaway. A family member of a close friend of mine went missing last year but it was suspected it was at their own doing and whilst the search was large locally, the focus on the family and the home was nowhere near intense. Obviously every case is different but it just feels like they are treating this like a crime has been committed.

I really hope I'm wrong though and she's home safe soon.

We're all thinking of you Becky x

Welcome Missy ........ some excellent thoughts there ......and yes, the level of concern being shown to this case by the police says that they know far more than we are being told....

There was an interesting TV programme about a year ago on ITV called "The Lying Game:The crimes that fooled Britain" (details here: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week2/lying-game-crimes-fooled-britain), which had a section on how the police sometimes want family members to take part in press conferences/public appeals to see how they react under the spotlight, the body language can be very telling.
I've watched the Becky Watts press conference (The one with the father and the police) and spotted a few things that remind me of some of the cases featured in that programme.

Me too , in so many ways - do hope I am completely wrong

Absolutely they do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1_cK-5V9Q
It despairs me to think that i am watching terrible actors try to admonish themselves from what has happened to Rebecca. I hope i am wrong in my thinking.
If something happened in her home then i think more than one person was involved.

For me, reminds me of two UK cases. Firstly, Nida Naseer. She apparently left home one night (in the rain, no coat or shoes) after putting the bins out, in December. There had been arguments with family over university. Nobody saw her leave the house, no cctv, no witnesses etc. Her body was found a few months later at a bird reserve, a few miles away. Inquest talked about possibility of her "falling from a bridge" but her body showed no signs of injury. This one bothers me, I don't see accident/suicide myself. Open Verdict.

Tia Sharp. For the simple reason, despite being reported to have left the house, there were no sightings of her, nothing on cctv, no phone pings. And we all know how that case ended.

I guess the only other similar case, is that of Claudia Lawrence in that both of them apparently disappeared after leaving home one morning - but there isn't any evidence to show either left home. Again though, very different background.
Nida Naseer sprang to my mind too.. different backgrounds but as you say no cctv etc in fact nothing to prove she'd ever left the house

Didn't someone say they texted Becky's phone but it was off?

How do you know a phone is off by sending a text? You have to call a phone to know whether it is switched on or not. Don't you?

ETA link. The step mother said it.
'I went to a hospital appointment and left her at home at around 10.30am.
'We thought she might have gone and met her boyfriend and he had texted her to see if she wanted to meet, but got no response.
'We texted her later in the day to see where she was but her phone was off.
'She hadn't mentioned any plans, but would have just gone out if she had some, but she would have let us know at some point.
'The next day when she still hadn't come home we contacted the police.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-search-ground-clues.html#ixzz3Sw5AeT00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member