GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know which actual family members were present yet & who the others were?

No. And no word of where she stayed the night before.

I need to word this carefully as don't want to accuse anyone of anything ..... so this is just an imaginary scenario .... if something had happened to Rebecca on the Wednesday night, then by saying that she was at a friend's house, this removes family from the time-frame during whatever occurred.

Its easy to prove that she wasn't at a friends - if no friend comes forward to confirm that (which seems to be the case here). Of course, people could claim that they don't know which friend she stayed with, just that she said she was staying with a friend.

If that is the case here, then when was the last time anyone other than family saw Rebecca on the Wednesday? I know there were texts sent from her phone, but we don't know if they were sent by her.

All MOO.

I think I read somewhere on this thread that Courtney spoke to her via phone on the Wednesday. Don't know if it means via text or actual phone call.

If no one has actually spoken to her on the phone, anyone could have sent those texts.

Even if the family didn't know the friends name where she stayed, surely the friend herself would come forward and confirm that Rebecca was there? Seems pretty important information to me when she disappeared the very next day.

Is it expected that someone is seen leaving their house on every occasion? Is a ca era trained on the door to her house? Not sure why it is commented on so much that no one saw her leave? I live in an apartment complex and I am sure people come and go without anyone noticing every time. Jmo

I'm the same, I live in a building with about 50 other flats and I could go days without passing anyone in the corridor or entrances. Saying that though, I thought Rebecca would be seen walking in the street. Does anyone know if there's local shops nearby that may have CCTV that would pick her up in the passing?

With all the media coverage and all the missing posters, you'd think at least one person saw her. Whether it was a neighbour, someone walking in the street or a passerby in the car. I just find it weird & I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

This makes me want to get a gps permanently attached to my son ( he's only 6, lol) - I'm aware this makes me sound like an overprotective freak!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAP

I made a start on a map, I have to go to tesco now so I will add more details later. If anyone can think of anything that needs to be on there pls let me know :)

I'm generally a lurker, but thought I would post some thoughts on this one.
Here's my theory: Something happened to Becky in the house. Possibly a sexual attack or possibly a homicide. The police found something (perhaps blood) during their search. This would explain the father's really strange posting about Becky having her period. I see a few possibilities here. The father was upset and thought (for whatever reason) a sexual encounter had happened here by an unknown person, and genuinely believed underwear should be checked for a possible perp. Or the father had some information or suspicion and wanted to cover up for someone. These are simply my opinions.

If there was no blood evidence in the house, the father would be less likely to jump to the conclusion that the perp's underwear would have stains, because why would the perp not wash up or change underwear following an attack. At least I think the father thinks the attack may have happened in the house. If this is so, then maybe Becky ran off after an attack and it could have been the final straw and she may have commited suicide, or succombed to injuries. If she ran off in this way, she may not have taken anything and her cell phone and computer might have been removed by someone else. Having learned that there were others in the house makes this case more complicated and frightening. Someone who was there probably has information they are not sharing. MOO.

ETA: Maybe the blood (if there was some) was identified as menstrual blood. That does not invalidate a sexual attack, but could make it more difficult to prove.

I think the only person who "saw" Rebecca on the Thursday morning was the stepmum. I am not suggesting she killed Rebecca. Not a single other statement from the police or family has suggested anyone else saw her that day.

Maxine Carr, anyone?

I think the comments relating to nobody seeing her leave home are because there were other people in the house when she left. The assumption is, from how the police worded the comment, these people included family (so non-family too). None of the people in the house have so far said they saw her leave. That tells me that nobody said goodbye to her either and that she didn't make a point of saying goodbye to anyone, so didn't announce her departure. So how does anyone know she left at the time being given?

Maybe I'm over-analysing .... but in my house, when someone leaves, they always say goodbye or let someone know where they are going (in my house that is anyone from my 14 year old up to my 20 year old, including myself). I've always drilled that into them though - just let me know where you're going in case I need to contact you. I'm probably just an over-anxious mum!

MOO.

The only way I can accept that no one knows the actual time that RW departed, is if someone is saying that they definately saw her at 11am, but then she was no longer in the house at midday....so they assumed she departed during that hour
It does however sound very strange to me, because like you Rach, when anyone leaves my house we always tell anyone else in the house that we are departing, as a common courtesy....
But perhaps it was normal in their house, for people to come and go without notifying others ?

I'm sorry but this case has Tia Sharp written all over it.

I'm sorry but this case has Tia Sharp written all over it.

I'm inclined to agree.

They must have had cadaver dogs all over the house / car though, wonder if something has been picked up. Mind you, I'm sure I've read before that the dogs only pick up a scent if a body has been deceased more than 2 hours, ie the death scent doesn't appear immediately. If something did happen at home and they somehow managed to get her out of the house and hidden away quickly I suppose it's possible dogs wouldnt pick up an ominous scent.

This was in reply to Wendi.UK - forgot to add quote! still getting the hang!

I hope this doesn't become a thing, as I'm a lot older than 6 and i'm pretty sure my parents would still have one of these attached to me if possible :laughing:

Just another thought on the Father's comments. I know that people do and say strange things under duress but his Facebook post is ASSUMING that a sexual assault has taken place or else he has knowledge that one occurred. Hmmmm.

The mother has admitted that Becky has disappeared previously and come back. I'm not suggesting that this is what has occurred this time however, why wouldn't Dad be thinking that she has "taken off" rather than a sexual assault?

There's always the possibility that she met with an accident/suicide/ran away etc. IMHO I don't believe any of that based on the activities of the police and certain knowledge that they possess but at the beginning of this investigation, there was no reason to believe the worst of the worst based on Becky's previous behaviour.

I just find it telling that the assumption on the part of the family was that she had been sexually assaulted and the strange comments by the uncle about things happen in the heat of the moment without thinking. Again, wow. Is that an admission of something? It's all extremely bizarre and unsettling.

I fear the worst and it appears LE does too based on their actions. I don't think she left the house. Something happened to Becky inside the house and she did not leave on her own.

This was in reply to Wendi.UK - forgot to add quote! still getting the hang!

I hope this doesn't become a thing, as I'm a lot older than 6 and i'm pretty sure my parents would still have one of these attached to me if possible :laughing:

Just hit "reply with quote" under the post, and start typing.

PS glad you're older than 6 as that would be very weird indeed...!

I think the only person who "saw" Rebecca on the Thursday morning was the stepmum. I am not suggesting she killed Rebecca. Not a single other statement from the police or family has suggested anyone else saw her that day.

Maxine Carr, anyone?

Absolutely - and with a definite alibi of a hospital appointment, she is out of the time-frame for the disappearance if people believe that Rebecca left the house alive, after her stepmum had left. Like I said in an earlier post, the apparent lack of anyone confirming that Rebecca was at a friend's house on the Wednesday night, makes me wonder if she was ok/alive by Thursday morning.

A thought I had about the lack of detail is that the less one makes up, the less there is to remember, or get wrong. So, might explain why nobody can say what she was wearing, where she was going or what time she left?

I'm afraid, like others, I believe the home contains all the answers/evidence etc. And the dad/brother video doesn't sit well with me either. I totally agree with the "Philpott" comment. Found it odd that one person was seemingly distraught, and the other totally emotionless. The "impulsive" wording and the Facebook comment just add to all concerns. Just MOO.

Just another thought on the Father's comments. I know that people do and say strange things under duress but his Facebook post is ASSUMING that a sexual assault has taken place or else he has knowledge that one occurred. Hmmmm.

The mother has admitted that Becky has disappeared previously and come back. I'm not suggesting that this is what has occurred this time however, why wouldn't Dad be thinking that she has "taken off" rather than a sexual assault?

There's always the possibility that she met with an accident/suicide/ran away etc. IMHO I don't believe any of that based on the activities of the police and certain knowledge that they possess but at the beginning of this investigation, there was no reason to believe the worst of the worst based on Becky's previous behaviour.

I just find it telling that the assumption on the part of the family was that she had been sexually assaulted and the strange comments by the uncle about things happen in the heat of the moment without thinking. Again, wow. Is that an admission of something? It's all extremely bizarre and unsettling.

I fear the worst and it appears LE does too based on their actions. I don't think she left the house. Something happened to Becky inside the house and she did not leave on her own.

This is my concern with the post too. Obviously everyone acts differently to grief and stress. Why jump straight to the sexual assault option though? Why not 'check your gardens, sheds for incase she is hiding out'? or why not 'ask your children if they have seen her or know something because someone knows where she is if she has ran away' type thing? It seemed like it was a sudden leap to her coming into harms way.

Just hit "reply with quote" under the post, and start typing.

PS glad you're older than 6 as that would be very weird indeed...!

Thank you!! Ha, that was my way of not revealing my real age and the fact I still have extremely overprotective parents at my age!! :laughing:

It is odd that the family jumped to the worst case assumption isn't it? When most parents of missing children prefer to believe that the child is being taken care of by someone else, its like he is preparing everyone for the worst. Very odd! I'm trying hard to put myself in his shoes and see it from his perspective of covering all angles, but to be fair I would be worried that if my daughter was alive and well she would be mortified if I posted about her time of the month on Facebook and so I wouldn't do it.........maybe ask mothers and wives to try remember if their loved one did anything suspicious but not that.

It feels to me like he is trying to lead everyone down a particular path by putting these things out there eg. He believes she has been taken, that there is a sexual motive and therefore the culprit is a man. I believe there is more than one person who knows what has happened, one is the culprit and the other is covering for them, one is very vocal and another one not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli