GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
White transit vans have being a bit of boogeyman here in the UK at least when I was growing up, the stereotype being that vehicles involved in crimes were usually white vans, I don't think it was true though.

I agree. There has been a number of Facebook posts doing the rounds recently, saying that various vehicles, including a White transit van had been seen lurking outside various primary schools in the Bristol/Gloucester/Somerset areas, in fact a few of the mums at my daughters Primary School were talking about it only last week. These posts are usually just scaremongering, with little basis in fact.

Didn't someone say they texted Becky's phone but it was off?

How do you know a phone is off by sending a text? You have to call a phone to know whether it is switched on or not. Don't you?

ETA link. The step mother said it.
'I went to a hospital appointment and left her at home at around 10.30am.
'We thought she might have gone and met her boyfriend and he had texted her to see if she wanted to meet, but got no response.
'We texted her later in the day to see where she was but her phone was off.
'She hadn't mentioned any plans, but would have just gone out if she had some, but she would have let us know at some point.
'The next day when she still hadn't come home we contacted the police.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-search-ground-clues.html#ixzz3Sw5AeT00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Well firstly does she actually mean text or does she mean message? Theres a difference.. if they messagwd her through Whatsapp it actually lets you know when the message has been delivered to the other persons phone and when it has been read. The message doesn't deliver until the phone is on and able to receive data (either through wifi or data allowance).

If they did text her then it is possible on some phones/networks to again, see if a text has been delivered (certainly) and in some cases read - my mom had a phone which did this - it was a nightmare when I was trying to dodge her texts

Lastly, I'm not totally clued up on this, but my other half says when two iphones text each other they can do it through a iphone to iphone messaging service (so if you have no credit but are connected to data you can still send/recieve texts) which again also tells you if a message has been delivered/read. I believe this function can be turned on or off though

White transit vans have being a bit of boogeyman here in the UK at least when I was growing up, the stereotype being that vehicles involved in crimes were usually white vans, I don't think it was true though.
Yep we was always told not to get into white vans - strangers in a car were obviously safe!

Morning all. Quite surprised they haven't found anything by now. Wish they'd release a bit more information though.

I didn't follow Alice Gross case too closely but it was all over the news, same with Tia Sharpe. Evidently it's not a well known case nationwide, or even locally. Weird.

Just looking at the FB pages. Reason given for a new one being set up by dads brother is:

This is the new page link we have set up as the previous security settings were not adequate enough and we didn't know everyone who was posting on this page and was worried press are on here

Why would they be worried about the press being on there? Surely the more the merrier?? Odd thing to be concerned about. A lady named Kat has commented asking if this is aimed at her. Is she the lady who runs a missing page? If someone can fill me in quickly I'd be very grateful.

Old page: https://www.facebook.com/FINDBECKYWATTS?fref=ts (soon to be closed)

New page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/FIND-Rebecca-WATTS/350338381836726

Just looking at the FB pages. Reason given for a new one being set up by dads brother is:

This is the new page link we have set up as the previous security settings were not adequate enough and we didn't know everyone who was posting on this page and was worried press are on here

Why would they be worried about the press being on there? Surely the more the merrier?? Odd thing to be concerned about. A lady named Kat has commented asking if this is aimed at her. Is she the lady who runs a missing page? If someone can fill me in quickly I'd be very grateful.

I also thought it was a very strange comment, not wanting the press on the FB page -

I read on the * old * page that Kat says she has done work previously, helping with missing people and there is another lady who has * verified* her....
Having said that, I can understand the family wanting to be in control of the page, but not the odd comment about the press...

It does seem as though the old page has now stopped receiving posts ..

Is it expected that someone is seen leaving their house on every occasion? Is a ca era trained on the door to her house? Not sure why it is commented on so much that no one saw her leave? I live in an apartment complex and I am sure people come and go without anyone noticing every time. Jmo

Avon and somerset police tweeted that they'll be searching a pond in st georges today but that it's routine

ETA link. The step mother said it....
'She hadn't mentioned any plans, but would have just gone out if she had some, but she would have let us know at some point.
'The next day when she still hadn't come home we contacted the police.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-search-ground-clues.html#ixzz3Sw5AeT00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder how that fits in with another comment that they contacted the police earlier but were told that they had to wait 24 hrs.

A family member said they contacted the police but was told to wait another 24 hours. Yet the police have said the first time they reported her missing was actually 28 hours after she was last seen.

Is it expected that someone is seen leaving their house on every occasion? Is a ca era trained on the door to her house? Not sure why it is commented on so much that no one saw her leave? I live in an apartment complex and I am sure people come and go without anyone noticing every time. Jmo

I think it's more that she was distinctive having just dyed her hair bright red, and that they have checked any domestic or business CCTV and she hasn't walked by on any of the usual routes.

Obviously there may not be CCTV everywhere, but I recently walked my kids to the leisure centre, they were being naughty and I pointed out there were cameras watching their behaviour, it became a little game trying to spot them (and wave lol!). We counted at least a dozen cameras in a 10 minute walk past a handful of small shops/businesses/pubs and through the park, and I live in a semi rural area right on the edge of a city.

So -- which does this case remind you of, past-missing-persons-cases-wise? Anyone?

Alice Gross? Tia Sharp? Joanna Yeates? April Jones? Maybe not those, but other?

Just curious.

The case in my sig, Cassie Compton. I see I'm not the only one who thinks so too. I also get a vibe of another case, not a missing person but something also makes me think of the Philpotts. (maybe the OTT no tear crying)

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/02/derby-house-fire-evil-philpotts

The pond they're searching now is in St George's Park,St George.
It used to have boats on in the summer,not so sure they do now. It's not very deep,but probably murky and full of rubbish!

It's a fairly large park,with children's playground,tennis courts and a skate park area...well was when I was last there...mid 2000's.

Always quite busy during day...not so much at night,borders main roads on two sides and suburbs on others.

Can be accessed at night as far as I know.

MOO

I think people are also more confused as to how the people im the house at the time cannot confirm her leaving

I think the comments relating to nobody seeing her leave home are because there were other people in the house when she left. The assumption is, from how the police worded the comment, these people included family (so non-family too). None of the people in the house have so far said they saw her leave. That tells me that nobody said goodbye to her either and that she didn't make a point of saying goodbye to anyone, so didn't announce her departure. So how does anyone know she left at the time being given?

Maybe I'm over-analysing .... but in my house, when someone leaves, they always say goodbye or let someone know where they are going (in my house that is anyone from my 14 year old up to my 20 year old, including myself). I've always drilled that into them though - just let me know where you're going in case I need to contact you. I'm probably just an over-anxious mum!

MOO.

I saw that in the wee hours and thought it was strange, why wouldn't they want the more press the better? Also the security settings on the new page don't seem to be any different, its a community page anyone can like and read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli