GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the activity, forensics, sniffer dogs aren't at the family home for no reason. They just might not be telling us anything. I've not read all this type of activity being at the boyfriends home.. Just the family home. I'm sticking to what I think anyway based on what I have read and seen :) but I sincerely hope that I am wrong. I think something happened in the family home that day. They won't confirm if the dad was actually at work as previously said, it was the brothers birthday so he could have been there with god knows who else.

Aside from "a navy puffy coat" has it been confirmed what she was wearing that morning.. I don't think it has

No I dont believe it has ........ am fairly sure it was DG ( father ) who said they couldnt be sure what she was wearing, other than the jacket.
Fair enough I suppose being a teenager's wardrobe ........... and perhaps step mother was thinking about hospital and not what Becky was wearing

This is what confused me, I read an article yesterday with this headline

Rebecca Watts missing: Mum reveals it's not the first time teen has disappeared and pleads for daughter's return in the mirror, but that article is now not available.

I read this article at the time, but no where did it mention anything about it at all

I thought it might tie in with the family not knowing who was the last to see her I.e she got changed and snuck out or went out without anyone seeing her so what the family thought shed been wearing they actually found later in her bedroom or something..

I seen it on itv news before on tv :) just a brief of what we already know though!

So tired tonight but can't take my mind off this case! Hopefully wake up to new updates tomorrow! :)

While we're here, drumming our fingers and waiting, are there any other current UK cases going on? We could do with a thread for breaking UK news.

(EDIT I have reincarnated the UK cases thread and posted this one on there)

So many guests browsing this thread. Come join us!! :):):)

You've convinced me to post.
Been following this for the past two days.

My initial thought was that she had left on her own accord to end her life, and taken her electonic devices with her so her family couldn't see her online activity. This would explain why she didn't take any provisions like a washbag or clothes. That would fit in with them searching a bit of parkland at Troopers Hill.

Now having seen how strangely her father, and to an extent whole family have been acting I am not so sure.
Maybe they knew she was depressed and said something in a fit of rage they didn't mean like "oh stop moaning and just go do it already!" which would explain their guilt? They didn't think she'd follow through and now she's disappeared and they're worried they pushed her over the edge?

Or maybe it's even more sinister than that. Not sure at this point.

Just my opinion.

^^^ good point. It was my initial thought too, fleetingly. Wonder if the bridge was checked.

Thing is the police will KNOW what her alleged last texts with boyf said, they'll know whether boyf believes they were from her. They'll have examined all that, social media messages etc. They know timings, who was in the house, they will have questioned all these people. Whatever information they have gathered, obviously way more than we have, seems to be leading them to the house. That's what's swaying my thoughts - not anyones specific behaviour but that of the police force.

I'm not sure if the police would be searching the home as thoroughly as they are if they truly thought there was a possibility she was suicidal, things like bringing in extra men and dogs into the house cost the force extra money from their budget don't they?

Exactly my thoughts too! Something is bringing them back to the family home. Too much activity for it to be nothing or just routine. Police, forensics, dogs, a few large police vans, private security firm guarding the cordon. That's a lot of activity at the home. & the police will know a hell of a lot more than what is being reported. Just my personal opinion :) hopefully hear more tomorrow!

This thread has more posts/people viewing as I would have thought! Very good coverage as well. 2 million people reached in the online campaign, wow!

#FindBecky :heartbeat:

So many lovely people on here :) Some of us may agree to disagree which everyone has a right to & we all have our own opinions but we all want the same thing & thats to bring her home! X

Didn't see this on the mirror before:

Police: "We have no confirmed sightings on CCTV"

DI Ocone added: "He added police had yet to find any confirmed sightings of CCTV images of the girl following her disappearance.

"We think she left the house sometime between 11 and 12 on Thursday morning.

"There was a conversation between Becky and her stepmother that morning when she returned home and that's kind of the timescale we're looking at.

"Yes, there were other people in the house at that time (when she went missing). Yes, there were family members.

"We're trying to establish at the moment if anyone in the house at the time actually saw her leave the house. We're working on that at the moment."

He added: "We have had a number of reported sightings but we haven't found anything as of yet. "Certainly nothing that has taken us forward in returning her, which is obviously our objective in this situation.

"If you've got any information we'd ask you to come forward. "There are no confirmed sightings of her since she left the house and that's one of the things that is so concerning.

"We're seven days on now, we're a week on and actually we haven't got a confirmed sighting away from the address.

"There is no one who can say that they have seen her since she left. "We are still working on CCTV at the moment. CCTV forms a big part of our investigation to try and ascertain where she has gone, that's progressing at the moment. "We are asking anyone with domestic CCTV to come forward."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...735?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hopefully someone in the street has cctv that they can hand over. Be very interesting to see if she was seen leaving the house at all that day.

Nothing in this case is sitting right with me. The FB statements are off. The dogs being brought in etc. Urgh!

I really hope this girl is found. She reminds me of missing Amy Fitzpatrick.

Didn't see this on the mirror before:

Police: "We have no confirmed sightings on CCTV"

DI Ocone added: "He added police had yet to find any confirmed sightings of CCTV images of the girl following her disappearance.

"We think she left the house sometime between 11 and 12 on Thursday morning.

"There was a conversation between Becky and her stepmother that morning when she returned home and that's kind of the timescale we're looking at.

"Yes, there were other people in the house at that time (when she went missing). Yes, there were family members.

"We're trying to establish at the moment if anyone in the house at the time actually saw her leave the house. We're working on that at the moment."

He added: "We have had a number of reported sightings but we haven't found anything as of yet. "Certainly nothing that has taken us forward in returning her, which is obviously our objective in this situation.

"If you've got any information we'd ask you to come forward. "There are no confirmed sightings of her since she left the house and that's one of the things that is so concerning.

"We're seven days on now, we're a week on and actually we haven't got a confirmed sighting away from the address.

"There is no one who can say that they have seen her since she left. "We are still working on CCTV at the moment. CCTV forms a big part of our investigation to try and ascertain where she has gone, that's progressing at the moment. "We are asking anyone with domestic CCTV to come forward."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...735?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hopefully someone in the street has cctv that they can hand over. Be very interesting to see if she was seen leaving the house at all that day.

Bits in bold - the police seem to want to make it quite clear that there is no evidence so far to prove she ever left that house.

Even the bit where they say "we think she left the house between 11 and 12" could mean that others were responsible for getting her out of the house, when viewed alongside the bold imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase