GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the police looking for that "white van" that Dad says he saw hanging around his house, have they put out a description and asked people to be on the look out for it, when did Dad see it? Was he home when Becky went missing, has he even said when he last saw her?

Didn't I read somewhere on this thread that it was a 5/5C?
Ah thanks, I must have missed that

Are the police looking for that "white van" that Dad says he saw hanging around his house, have they put out a description and asked people to be on the look out for it, when did Dad see it? Was he home when Becky went missing, has he even said when he last saw her?

Don't know, all I know is Dad made a post on Fb where he said a neighbour had seen a white van lurking in the area that day (paraphrasing)

Doesn't CCleaner only clear temporary files and clears the cache, I've used it for years. I'm sure there is software out there that can rewrite and clean a hard drive but I still think computer forensics can recover almost anything that isn't badly damaged or corrupted. JMO

I don't know if you follow the Christina Morris case but EA managed to wipe his stolen phone and LE couldn't get anything off it its not hard its a simple task with the right software and i mentioned CCleaner because its free if you use the secure delete tool it removes it for good.

Somehow, I missed the detail about her coming home at 8:00 am (Thursday?). Do we know if she was home the evening before for her brother's birthday? Did she pack a bag on Wednesday, the night prior to her disappearance, and leave it somewhere? Do we have any information about where Rebecca was on Wednesday night?

Far as I recollect, she spent Wednesday overnight with a * friend* .... definately not her best friend and, so far, no name of this friend has been provided ( which doesnt mean it isnt true of course, just that no friend has been mentioned by name )

Yes, but would someone who isn't so tech-savvy know that? My parents would probably think that once something is deleted, its gone forever. Lots of things seem to say "cover up" to me, and someone who isn't very sophisticated with forensic matters, might think that a laptop with deleted content won't give anything away. Perhaps like someone might think menstrual blood can be mistaken for spilled blood. MOO

Exactly my thought .... so many people think erasing will remove everything

Were the police involved with this search at all, and did they suggest that area? Otherwise, is it possible that someone could have deliberately left it there, knowing the search would take place, and someone would find it? Or I am just far too suspicious?!!

Rach,
You took the thoughts straight out of my mind!!
Vassel's park is a very popular,busy family park.Lots of children,lots of walkers&lots of dogs.
From what I've read,this search was organised by family,not police...
Things that make you go hmmm
MOO
ETA
Just read to the end and realised we're not the only ones that think this...

Hmmm,is it just me or does that laptop not look like it's been outside for very long.

The weather is cold and nasty in Bristol at the moment and judging by the pics raining also. It just looks to have been conveniently placed there.

MOO

Please remember
images
even when posting pictures, thanks.

Anyone else going cross eyed trying to figure out the brand name? I think I see a 'T' and an 'O' and thought Toshiba but the positioning looks wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14