GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'I was panicking but I couldn't show it'

Matthews told the court he phoned Karl Demetrius while “panicking”.
“I was panicking before but I couldn’t show I was panicking,” he said.
He asked to use a van.
Matthews described how James Ireland and Karl Demetrius gave him and Hoare a lift home.
“I was worried but I wasn’t showing it,” he said.
Matthews: “Karl Demetrius and James Ireland then gave me a lift to their work in Filton. They dropped me outside and came back out with a van.”
They then returned to Matthews’ house, he told the court.
Matthews said James Ireland stayed in hall.
He and Karl Demetrius went upstairs for “just enough for me to pack a suitcase”
Matthews told the court he passed items from the loft to Karl Demetrius to pack into the suitcase.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6719963

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 1 min1 minute ago
At 10.05pm, Matthews and KD discuss transport required. "I said 'the amount of items I have got it won't fit, it needs to be a van'".

[h=3]Chuck it in with the other stuff'[/h]Matthews: “All of the suitcases were done up. The whole point of moving and paying them large amounts of money was for them not to [look]”
Matthews tells the court he decided to leave the bags in Karl Demetrius’ shed.
Matthews said he and Karl Demetrius carried them into his kitchen and then to the shed.
James Ireland helped with a particularly “heavy” box, Matthews said.
Matthews tells the jury he later walked back round to Karl Demetrius’ house as he had forgotten to put a rucksack in shed.
“I said ‘can you chuck it in with the other stuff’,” Matthews tells the court.

I would guess he was passing the suitcases/bags that contained the packages - if it was the actual packages, then there would be no point later in telling them not to look inside, as they would already have seen the packages.

Having said that, am sure there was something in JIs evidence where he said something about soft packages ? so who knows

Yes that's what I'm thinking, how would JI have know the packages were soft if they were in suitcases? It sounds like he had the cling film wrapped ones stored in the loft.

[h=3]'I knew the police were coming'[/h]Nathan Matthews is back giving evidence after the lunch break.
He’s being cross examined by Sean Hammond, for James Ireland.
Talking about the days after he killing Becky, Matthews said: “Once I had done what I done, I didn’t know what to do. I knew the police were coming.”
He said he offered his friend Karl Demetrius £10,000 to look after some packages “for a few days”.
He told him not to look inside them, the court hears.

Oh right I get it now. NM meant dont unwrap the packages !! not dont look inside the bags, bcos KD had already seen * inside* the bags so to speak as he helped to pack them.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 1 min1 minute ago
NM made numerous phone calls to KD on the night he hid Becky's body. The next morning he went round to drop off another bag. #beckywatts

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews · 39 secs40 seconds ago
Over a 12 hour period there was a large number of phone calls between NM and KD discussing arrangements for moving the bags #BeckyWatts

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 2 mins2 minutes ago
Matthews: passed items from loft to KD to pack in suitcase. Brought other suitcases and black bag from the kitchen, dragged box across hall.

The loft is right infront of their bedroom! Where SH was!

Oh right I get it now. NM meant dont unwrap the packages !! not dont look inside the bags, bcos KD had already seen * inside* the bags so to speak as he helped to pack them.

Omg, how stupid are these people? It someone was paying me that much money specificially not to look at what I was storing, the first thing I'd do when he had left, was to look at was I was storing!!

What on earth did he think was in the packages? There was far too much to be drugs -NM would have been too low down any chain to be given bags and bags of drugs to store. It can't have felt and looked like the average burglary haul ........ and his stepsister just happened to be missing without trace. Whatever it was, any sane person would have stayed well clear from getting involved with anything concerning a family member of a missing, presumed in danger, teenager.

Don't think that's what he's saying, but it's not very clear

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 23 mins23 minutes ago
Matthews: "All of the suitcases were done up. The whole point of moving and paying them large amounts of money was for them not to [look]"

So the body was in the loft after being dismembered and wrapped? And he says KD helped him put the parts in cases & bags?

No, the body's in suitcases, some? of which are in the loft and the torso is in the big blue box they had to drag across the floor.

Don't think that's what he's saying, but it's not very clear

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 23 mins23 minutes ago
Matthews: "All of the suitcases were done up. The whole point of moving and paying them large amounts of money was for them not to [look]"

he does say though that they just had time to do up an extra suitcase. I expect they had to get out quick earlier when the police knocked.

Matthews planned to pay the £10,000 to KD from £5,000 in his ISA and funds in his current account, plus Hoare had £5,000 in an ISA.

I'm sorry but no way do I beleive She didn't hear any of this. It's only a small landing. The loft hatch is outside her room, presumably they'd need a ladder to reach it too, but either way so she doesn't hear one person up the loft and passing suitcases down to the other right outside her bedroom door ?

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 1 min1 minute ago
Prosecution are now questioning Nathan Matthews #beckywatts

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 41 secs41 seconds ago
Matthews is now being cross-examined by William Mousley QC, for the prosecution #BeckyWatts

he does say though that they just had time to do up an extra suitcase. I expect they had to get out quick earlier when the police knocked.

Yes one of the earlier tweets ( a page or so back ) said that NM was passing packages from the loft to KD to put into a suitcase

I'm sorry but no way do I beleive She didn't hear any of this. It's only a small landing. The loft hatch is outside her room, presumably they'd need a ladder to reach it too, but either way so she doesn't hear one person up the loft and passing suitcases down to the other right outside her bedroom door ?

especially since the door doesn't close, with that pull up bar attached to the doorframe

Matthews planned to pay the £10,000 to KD from £5,000 in his ISA and funds in his current account, plus Hoare had £5,000 in an ISA.

Wow he was actually going to pay it. Wouldn't SH have been a tad Peed off if he took her 5k though.

The panic and ridiculous way he bought in other people to deal with the body parts make me thing none of this was planned - ie the murder and the aftermath. The going round the house when only Becky was there, with a lame excuse of returning a cake tin makes me think something was planned. I think something was planned which didn't have a risk to it - but it escalated and went wrong.

Is it possible MN and perhaps SH planned to do something to Becky which had been done before but they had got away with. After all, who could she tell? Would Anjie believe Becky over her own son? Becky's brother apparently gets on well with NM. Becky's dad had a good relationship with NM or he wouldn't have asked him to be his best man. The fact that their marriage has survived shows its a very strong partnership, so perhaps Becky had nobody to confide in about something that had happened before, or had been threatened and not acted up (but NM knew it was safe to proceed as Becky clearly hadn't told anyone). After all, she only told her friend about NM threats to her, not her dad or her mum or Anjie.

Does that make sense?

They planned to do something, but didn't plan murder as they knew Becky would keep quiet - but maybe she said she'd tell this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld