GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 26s26 seconds ago
Matthews again denies changing his story to fit prosecution evidence, "what happened, happened" he says. #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 17 secs18 seconds ago
Matthews says "there is a lot of stuff missing" from his confession he gave to police in March #beckywatts

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins now8 seconds ago
Pros:Was she fighting for her life?
Not for her life no,cos I wasn't...you know

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 21 secs22 seconds ago
Pros said Dr Cook said there had been a violent struggle

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 47 secs48 seconds ago
Pros saying that it suggests a number of blows

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 1 min1 minute ago
NM refuses to look at CGI images of injuries.Pros says injuries to head,face,body..NM says doesn't know how as hit her once.

If he is sticking to telling the truth from his involvement, but omitting other involvement, then maybe he did only hit her once.

If he is covering up for SH, why not just say he hit her repeatedly. Is he trying to cover up for SH, but only to the point that he doesn't want to make himself look any worse?

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 17s17 seconds ago
Have you ever offered any remorse to Becky or her family for what happened? NM says hasn't contacted anyone

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 31s31 seconds ago
"When it happened I was shocked,I couldn't believe what actually happened,happened"

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 48s48 seconds ago
Asked how you react when there's any accident
"I had two options and I picked the one where I was trying to protect everyone else"

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 14 secs14 seconds ago
This is all just a terrible accident,is that right?
NM:Yes

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 28 secs28 seconds ago
In your anger,and in her very best effort to stop you,you killed her?
NM:No,obviously she died but I didn't try

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 49 secs49 seconds ago
You had to kill her didn't you?

NM:No,the plan was never to kill her

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 27 secs28 seconds ago
NM:No I feel sorry for everybody else,I feel sorry for myself as well, but it's everyone else I can't cope with.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 34 secs35 seconds ago
Do you just feel sorry for yourself that you got caught?

So 'the plan' was more important than anything else apparently, including Becky's life. He does say he is 'black and white' but come on. Tunnel vision or what

He doesn't seem to get the remorse question. Doesn't seem to see that prosecution isnt asking if he felt sorry for himself , he's asking if he felt sorry for killing Becky!!

[video=twitter;659700005574475776]https://twitter.com/ITVBeckyTrial/status/659700005574475776[/video]

so NM says he has not changed his story - but he also says there is a lot of stuff missing from the story he told police originally

how does that work then ?

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 2 mins2 minutes ago
Matthews says he "struggled" lifting the suitcase into the car boot #beckywatts

I agree about the sex/kidnap/teen SMS jokes being red herrings.
If my husband was in the bathroom cutting pipes I would be wanting to watch and help (or laugh) but he really wouldn't do something like that.
SH is obviously not sincere but let's hope the prosecution get a chance to have a go with her.
Please someone tell me was she taken to hospital the night he fessed up about murder, or the next night (after the weeping video)? They said it was a short visit to a dr. When did she have/lose/abort the twins then? If she was 18weeks at the time of arrest, was that too late for a termination under UK law?

20 weeks I believe. Not sure of the technicalities of it tho. I'm sure it would require some kind of hospital stay. But again. I don't know further detail than that.

If he is sticking to telling the truth from his involvement, but omitting other involvement, then maybe he did only hit her once.

If he is covering up for SH, why not just say he hit her repeatedly. Is he trying to cover up for SH, but only to the point that he doesn't want to make himself look any worse?

Or he's just trying to make it sound like it wasn't a sustained attack where the end goal was always Becky's death.

20 weeks I believe. Not sure of the technicalities of it tho. I'm sure it would require some kind of hospital stay. But again. I don't know further detail than that.

I think she'd have to give birth if she was that far along.

She would have to give birth at that stage of pregnancy, as far as I know. If I had to bet on it (horrible phrase but you know what I mean) I would say she lost the pregnancy at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 32 secs32 seconds ago
Says took boot matt out as worried about DNA.Pros claim it was cos he'd put Becky's body directly in boot

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 47 secs47 seconds ago
How did her hair end up on the boot matt in the back of the Zafira?
NM says I don't know,says may have got caught.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 1 min1 minute ago
Pros says that he didn't have the suitcase at all, that there would be blood in the suitcase

SH said she heard stomping and a door slam, and walked into the living room to find NM on the sofa, didn't she?

If NM had come down the stairs with a suitcase with Becky inside it (weighing what? 8 - 9 stone?), could he really have had the strength to carry that suitcase completely off the floor, even down the stairs without having to drag it, and without him banging it against the walls? That's after 15 minutes of using a lot of energy to overpower, punch, strangle and smother a person who was fighting back. He's not that tall himself. Surely SH would have heard the sound of dragging and bumping, from a very heavy suitcase being taken downstairs, not simply "stomping" which is the clear sound of footprints.

Matthews says he "struggled" lifting the suitcase into the car boot #beckywatts

And no blood in the suitcase, only on the boot liner

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 1m1 minute ago
Asking about black bag in boot,pros say NM wouldnt have needed that as plan wasn't to take all her phone etc

And no blood in the suitcase, only on the boot liner

Looks like pros is going along the same lines that we've discussed on here. That the kidnap was a backstory added later and that we only ever had NMs word that the kidnap kit was in the boot of the car.

Prosecution is doing a fine job. I'm glad to hear they're making him suffer and squirm.

I do hope SH takes the stand. If she really is as innocent as she claims then she should have no reason not to.

"It was all quick, Shauna didn't know and she didn't help" Matthews says #beckywatts

When were the bins at SH's mothers house collected? After hearing NM disposed of certain things (mask, beanie and bottles) around there, I wonder if any protective clothing SH may have worn would also have been disposed of around there so there's nothing linking her to the crime forensically? We haven't heard of the mask, beanie or bottles being found so I assume any gloves, masks and clothing protectors SH wore that were disposed of in the same way wouldn't have been found either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member