GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I noticed is tha NM said he made two journeys with JI and KD to the shed (ETA or two trips on foot fill up the van)that night but then the next day went back to he shed to add a rucksack
<rsbm>

That made me wonder what was in the rucksack, why did he take it separately and where was it when police searched.

that's why I think they hadn't done the clean up yet when the police were coming back to search first thing, and they probably stayed up all night to sanitise the bathroom after the collection.

Yes, sounds like he/they were pushed for time to finish the clean out. It seems the rucksack contained items that got "contaminated" in the dismemberment process. I can't find anything to say whether the rucksack was taken to BC before or after the police visit on the morning of 24th Feb. They did say that it was impossible to do a proper search of CML that day due to the vast amount of clutter so I guess it's possible the rucksack was still in the house when the police went round.

He/they still didn't get rid of the boot liner or stun guns though. We only have NMs word for the fact that he took a "kidnap kit" with him to CH on the 19th. If the handcuffs hadn't been in that rucksack, I might be inclined to discount the kidnap story altogether. And if the "kidnap kit" is real, why not dispose of the stun gun as well as the handcuffs?

Alice Gross was hidden in quite shallow water in London and wasn't found for quite a while, and that was an opportunistic killing with hardly any time to plan disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it was decided that Alice was purely opportunistic, I recall the main thinking was that he had pre planted items along that route just as he did when he murdered his wife.

Yes, sounds like he/they were pushed for time to finish the clean out. It seems the rucksack contained items that got "contaminated" in the dismemberment process. I can't find anything to say whether the rucksack was taken to BC before or after the police visit on the morning of 24th Feb. They did say that it was impossible to do a proper search of CML that day due to the vast amount of clutter so I guess it's possible the rucksack was still in the house when the police went round.

He/they still didn't get rid of the boot liner or stun guns though. We only have NMs word for the fact that he took a "kidnap kit" with him to CH on the 19th. If the handcuffs hadn't been in that rucksack, I might be inclined to discount the kidnap story altogether. And if the "kidnap kit" is real, why not dispose of the stun gun as well as the handcuffs?

I think they must have been extremely tired by that stage and in their efforts to decontaminate the bathroom forgot little details like the stun guns. One was found on the table downstairs and the other in a black bag in an upstairs room. Perhaps they wanted to keep the stun guns..

Is it really truth that their child was there with them at Becky's home the day she was killed? Was it said in court or confirmed by the police?

I believe it has been proved she was with them, the little girl was seen in the car on cctv plus I'm sure if she wasn't Anji would've told police that Shauna couldn't have taken little one out to see the rabbit if the child wasn't there!

All these 'apparently bloodstained' items - whose blood is this? It's got to be BW's, surely? Have they confirmed DNA on them? None of NM's DNA or SH's on the goggles? I know the makeup on the mask must be Shauna's, but were there no skin cells, no sweat? I feel like there are holes in the Crown's case...

Ms Morse told the jury she also examined blood swabs from items found at a shed in Barton Court, Barton Hill, where Becky's remains were found.
These swabs included some taken from a set of safety goggles in a Eurohike rucksack which showed the presence of Becky's DNA, she said.
Also found on the exterior of the goggles and strap was mixed DNA, one of which was male, but nothing specifically identifying Becky's DNA, she said.
Matthews' DNA was found on a face mask, she said.
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-28013503-detail/story.html#ixzz3pqqagVK0

There was DNA on a mask and two bin bags which could have been from SH.

Becky Watts trial: Hoare's DNA could have been indirectly transferred onto items

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update...-have-been-indirectly-transferred-onto-items/

My main interest at the moment is NM's fibromyalgia.

It stops him doing simple tasks.

Even if, and it's a big IF, he managed to deal with the murder of a lively and healthy teenager kicking and struggling for her survival, using nothing but his bare hands to hold her still and stop her getting back to her feet, while apparently also managing with a roll of sticky tape and managing to apply it to her face...he then had to carry her down to the car, lift her into the boot, lift her back out of the boot and carry her upstairs at CML, lift her out of the case to put in the bath, manage to hold a heavy power saw while also keeping the body still to make careful cuts. Hours and days of manual work and wrapping, and filling bags and cases, and cleaning walls. Even leaning over to scrub the bath clean after all this strenuous activity would be agonising for him.

He had help with all of this.

He's lying and she's lying. Their stories don't gel.

I can't get past no DNA or blood from Becky in the bathroom. I can't. I have an even harder problem now because Nathan says that as he was dismembering her in the bathtub he tried not to look. It was surreal. How in the world can you not watch what you're doing with a power tool in your hands and NOT cause damage to the bathtub?

Please. Somebody. Explain this to me because I cannot wrap my head around it and I can't understand how he got EVERY PIECE of DNA GONE!

His story is made up. Her story is made up and the more he talks the worse it gets for both of them. 10,000 pounds (sorry no pound note on my computer) to help move some stuff because Shauna's place was going to get raided? He's a take out delivery guy. Who has that kind of money hanging around? Why would they believe he would pay them that much money?

His story doesn't work.

Please God let's hope that the Jury are asking the same questions we're asking because if they thought Shauna wasn't involved based on evidence presented earlier, they have to go back and start asking questions now.

What a convoluted trial.

The evidence doesn't seem to support the Prosecution's theory. Then the Defence puts Nathan on the stand and he puts himself in a corner and in his attempt, (for whatever reason), to save Shauna, raises more questions and doubt that lead us to believe that she is undeniably involved when a week ago we were shaking our heads thinking maybe she wasn't.

Then I look at Nathan's emotional behaviour on the stand and I am soooooo reminded of Ariel Castro. While Castro was lying and to prove that it was all the victims' fault for what happened to them, he hung his head and closed his eyes. He couldn't look at anyone. He retreated into himself. Nathan is doing the same thing. Closes his eyes, hangs his head, can't look up. We are not getting the real story but we are getting bits of reality.

I still think we are missing a crucial piece of the puzzle. Something's missing. What could it be? Why didn't he want to hear Shauna's name? He is freaked out by her now for some reason.

I can't wait for the cross examination.

I didn't comment on the thread yesterday evening, I wanted to sleep on it all. Well I've slept on it and my conclusion is that I feel the same as you.

Whatever happened to Becky, I suspect it was far worse than even what he's admitting to, he didn't work alone and I don't think the full truth will come out in this trial, if ever.
Truly horrendous case.

Morning Everyone

Am just checking the twitter accounts to see who's reporting today

[video=twitter;659307161101692928]https://twitter.com/DarrenLittleSky/status/659307161101692928[/video]

[video=twitter;659277247275245568]https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/659277247275245568[/video]

Tom Parmenter&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@TomSkyNews · 46 secs46 seconds ago &#61489; Bristol, England
Nathan Matthews expected to continue giving his evidence this morning - updates here + via @SiobhanRobbins @DarrenLittleSky #beckywatts

Thanks.

I wonder if the clear tape over the face was arranged in the way he described, or if he applied that when wrapping up. Only the police will know if it fits with his version. I suppose we may find out in cross examination.

He said he had tried to dissolve the body with drain cleaner originally, but that didn't work, so then he decided with his new plan. Could cellotape survive immersion in drain cleaner for some hours? Surely it would have dissolved or loosened at least?

Could the cellotape have been done when he was wrapping up the body parts, but he said that it was used at the time of the kidnap to embellish that story?

Did he have drain cleaner in the house already? That was one of the first things he bought, followed by the power saw
Friday 20th Feb
12.20pm - NM buys two bottles of drain cleaner from the Rajani superstore in Bristol.
12.51pm - NM purchases a MacAllister circular power saw, face masks, gloves and goggles from B&Q in Horfield, Bristol.

ETA There wasn't enough time to buy the drain cleaner, try it out, find it's not working then go and buy the saw.

how would drain cleaner work. would he add it to a bath of water to immerse her fully? wouldn't that dilute it too much to be effective?

UK & Eire reporting Court is running a little behind at the moment

Ben Chapman &#8207;@BenChapmanITV · 39 secs40 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews returns to the witness box to continue giving evidence in the #BeckyWatts murder trial.

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 35 secs36 seconds ago
The jury are back in court, NM is on the stand ready to give his second day of evidence. #beckywatts

Darren Little&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@DarrenLittleSky · 22 secs22 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews now being asked about his police interviews
#beckywatts

Siobhan Robbins&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@SiobhanRobbins · 46 secs46 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews is continuing to give evidence today. Still being questioned by his lawyer Adam Vaitlingham QC.Says starting with police int

Claire Hayhurst &#8207;@clairehayhurst · 36 secs36 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews is now being asked about answers he gave in police interview after his arrest. He admits lying to officers. #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 42 secs43 seconds ago
NM - 'It's bad enough that what happened, happened, but it is even worse that I was the one who made it happen' #beckywatts

Siobhan Robbins&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@SiobhanRobbins · 33 secs34 seconds ago
Looking at interviews after his arrest.DC Stephens asking about BW disappearance & if NM knew where she was,was she safe,had you hurt her.

Darren Little&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@DarrenLittleSky · 31 secs32 seconds ago
NM reflecting on his police interviews "I sounded like an idiot" says he was trying to act naturally #beckywatts

Siobhan Robbins&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@SiobhanRobbins · 49 secs50 seconds ago
Lawyer: You lied to them didn't you?NM;Yes

Tom Parmenter&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@TomSkyNews · 46 secs47 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews recalling one of his police interviews: "I was trying to answer the truth and obviously leave out the other part"

Siobhan Robbins&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@SiobhanRobbins · 34 secs35 seconds ago
Lawyer asks what was his state of mind in first interview?How were you feeling? NM is tearful, says "I don't know,I can't remember"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3