GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this cross examination is going to go in hard on him, because it is Shauna Hoare's legal team, they will not want him to implicate SH. Will he be cross examined by another prosecution team?

[h=3]'Shauna was only interested in Tulisa sex video'[/h]This is the fourth time Matthews has broken down in tears while giving evidence at the trial.
He is now being asked about text and Facebook messages he send to co-accused Hoare - one message involved kidnapping teenage girls.
Defence barrister Adam Vaitilingam QC asked him: “Is there any serious intent about bringing home pretty schoolgirls?”
Matthews replied: “No.
“A couple of time when we’ve been out somewhere checking out other girls Shauna would laugh - because I’d think a girl looked 17 or 18 but when she turned round it was obvious she was not.
“I struggle with people’s ages.”
Matthews said he was interested in *advertiser censored* on the internet.
He said: “There’s ridiculous amounts on there, there’s thousands of videos uploaded every hour.
“I would definitely look every week, at an average it would be just under every day - at least every two days.
“I would access it on my phone.”
Matthews said Hoare did not share his interest in *advertiser censored*.
He told the jury: “There was one video that Shauna showed an interest in.
“That’s because it was a celebrity. It was Tulisa from N-Dubz.
“There was a video that was leaked about her.
“She never watched it watched it - it was just out of curiosity. It was just to see if it was fake.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6719963

I don't think this cross examination is going to go in hard on him, because it is Shauna Hoare's legal team, they will not want him to implicate SH. Will he be cross examined by another prosecution team?

yes by the prosecution team, this is a defence barrister atm

Why is Shaunas legal team asking NM if he was sexually interested/attracted to BW?

They're both accused of being sexually interested in teenage girls, although not specifically Becky so this could be to try to either establish neither of them were or that only NM was.

Victoria Davies ‏@VictoriaITV · 38 secs39 seconds ago
"Police came round one day when Becky was still there," Matthews tells the court. @ITVBeckyTrial #beckywatts

Why is Shaunas legal team asking NM if he was sexually interested/attracted to BW?

Perhaps to show personal motive only on NMs side
ie; NM was interested in Becky, but SH was unaware of this and therefore had nothing to do with the events of that day ?

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 28 secs29 seconds ago
AL:The prosecution says your motive was sexual:NM "I know they say that"
Were you sexually interested in Becky?"No"

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 22 secs23 seconds ago
Did you find her sexually attractive? no
If this was a plan that you've thought through did you want SH there?No

[h=3]'Shauna was only interested in Tulisa sex video'[/h]This is the fourth time Matthews has broken down in tears while giving evidence at the trial.
He is now being asked about text and Facebook messages he send to co-accused Hoare - one message involved kidnapping teenage girls.
Defence barrister Adam Vaitilingam QC asked him: “Is there any serious intent about bringing home pretty schoolgirls?”
“A couple of time when we’ve been out somewhere checking out other girls Shauna would laugh - because I’d think a girl looked 17 or 18 but when she turned round it was obvious she was not.
He said: “There’s ridiculous amounts on there, there’s thousands of videos uploaded every hour.
“I would definitely look every week, at an average it would be just under every day - at least every two days.
“She never watched it watched it - it was just out of curiosity. It was just to see if it was fake.”

"He struggles with people's ages"

He struggles with a lot don't he that Nathan? Apart from subduing and killing 16 yr old Becky, carrying her down to his car, and out of his car. Going to buy power tools and other shopping. Dismembering Becky in a bath without causing damage to it, carefully wrapping the body parts and meticulously cleaning the bath and tiles. All this he can do, whilst acting normal.

It boggles the mind!

[h=3]Matthews denies he was sexually interested in Becky[/h]The trial has just resumed after a short break.
Matthews said he is in pain in the witness box because of his legs, back and neck.
He said he had thought through the kidnap plot to give Becky a fright and teach her a lesson.
Asked if he was sexually interested in Becky or found her attractive, Matthews said: “No”.
Matthews was asked why he took Hoare with him to Becky’s home when he went to kidnap her.
He said: “I don’t know.
“It had planned it for about two months, but it wasn’t two months solid.”
Matthews said he had told the truth about what happened upstairs when he killed Becky.
The former TA soldier said he had never told Hoare what he did.
He said: “I didn’t tell Shauna because she would have been hurt and shocked. I didn’t have a choice really.”

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 46 secs46 seconds ago
You have never told her (SH)face to face what happened upstairs?NM:No

[h=3]'Police were in my home when Becky's body was still there'[/h]Asked how he managed to act normally for several days after Becky’s killing, Matthews said: “It was like living a bad dream. It’s hard to explain.”
Matthews told the jury the police came round to his home one day when Becky’s body was still there.

'Shauna was only interested in Tulisa sex video'

This is the fourth time Matthews has broken down in tears while giving evidence at the trial.

“A couple of time when we’ve been out somewhere checking out other girls Shauna would laugh"

So it it was normal for them to be out checking out other girls. Interesting.

Victoria Davies ‏@VictoriaITV · 29 secs29 seconds ago
Matthews carried Becky's body out of her home in a red suitcase, court hears. @ITVBeckyTrial #beckywatts

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 2 mins2 minutes ago
Asked about if he could "control" Shauna Hoare NM: at some points I could
#beckywatts

Victoria Davies ‏@VictoriaITV · 45 secs45 seconds ago
Matthews tells jury sometimes he could control his girlfriend Shauna Hoare and sometimes she could control him. @ITVBeckyTrial #beckywatts

'Police were in my home when Becky's body was still there'

Asked how he managed to act normally for several days after Becky’s killing, Matthews said: “It was like living a bad dream. It’s hard to explain.”
Matthews told the jury the police came round to his home one day when Becky’s body was still there.

Where exactly was she. He's been very vague about where she was in the house once he had dismembered her. I hope they ask him during cross examination.

I think it's to counter the prosecution's theory that the murder was sexually motivated - NM wasn't sexually attracted to Becky, therefore the theory that he and SH conspired together to kidnap her for sexual reasons is false.

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 24 secs24 seconds ago
NM asked about his age difference to Shauna Hoare (he's 7 years older), did you think she was too young (15 when they met) "in a sense yes"

Thanks ColourPurple and Alyce! That makes sense. I hate we have to follow this via tweets and FB. The UK & Eire Crime page admin is doing a fantastic job but it's still difficult to know context.

[h=3]'Police were in my home when Becky's body was still there'[/h]Asked how he managed to act normally for several days after Becky’s killing, Matthews said: “It was like living a bad dream. It’s hard to explain.”

Wonder when that was!!!

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 1 min1 minute ago
NM agrees there is a 7 year age gap between him and SH. He says in one sense it was a lot but he 'didn't feel 7 years older' #beckywatts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball