GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'It had to be done, kind of thing'

Matthews said he had not finished cutting up the body when he went to pick up girlfriend Hoare from Becky’s family home where she had spent the afternoon.
Prosecutor Mr Mousley said: “Shauna knew what you were doing, didn’t she.”
Matthews replied: “No.
“The day I bought the B&Q saw I was cutting. Because Shauna was not at the house - she was at my mum’s.”
The prosecutor suggested Matthews chopped up Becky’s body over the weekend while Hoare was in the house.
Matthews said: “There was a point when I used the saw and said I had to cut through a pipe.”
The jury heard Matthews wrapped the body parts in cling film over the weekend - and had to go out and buy extra wrapping.
Matthews said: “I didn’t want to remember what I was doing - it had to be done, kind of thing.”
The prosecutor told how two face masks were used in the process.
Matthews denied the second mask was worn by Hoare.
He said: “No, she didn’t know anything about it.
“I was just trying to pack it so it was air-tight, that’s why I wrapped loads and loads of cling film round it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6726636

The way he's refusing to look at any of the items used ... so cowardly. YOU did this mate, the family are having to sit there day after day listening to the gruesome details, the least you could do is face what you have done.

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 3 mins3 minutes ago
Asked about where he put body parts, Matthews says: "I put some of it in the freezer and the other bit in the box" #beckywatts
We know that the torso was what was found in the big box, does that mean everything else including her head was in the freezer?

Wasn't it just hair on the boot liner, or am I misremembering?

No you are correct - it is me that got it wrong. Hair only on the boot liner.
The Pros did state that IF Becky's body had been put directly into the red suitcase, there would have been blood inside the case, but there was none.

Good article here with pics of two suitcases used for the body parts.
Interesting that these two cases seem to be about the same size as the red suitcase in which NM claims he put Becky...and yet he needed two suitcases, of similar size, to put only some parts of her body into.

Police search officer Michael Loveless told the court how a black piece of fabric - the lining from a boot of a car - was found inside a cooker in the bathroom of the Matthews and Hoare home.

He said: “We could see hair on the fabric.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-five-6641241

Ah, very true! He's slipping up majorly now. I'm starting to wonder if she was ever in the bath tbh.

I'm starting to wonder if he did the sawing! He doesn't seem to be able to describe what it all looked like, how it was done - almost as if he doesn't have that knowledge. Seems far fetched, but his story is getting more ridiculous by the day.

Haha he's being wound up in stories big time now.

IF he put the body in the freezer then it wasn't switched on. It would have been picked up in the Pm

IF he used the saw with his eyes closed there would have been slippage and damage to the bath

IF he had to use a trolley to get Becky into the house how was he suddenly capable of taking her upstairs

Interested to know what the call to the Children In Care Team was about...

Also seems poor Beckys body was all over that house - the living room,the hallway, the bathroom and the attic and yet not one bit of Dna from her??????????

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

'It had to be done, kind of thing'

Matthews said he had not finished cutting up the body when he went to pick up girlfriend Hoare from Becky’s family home where she had spent the afternoon.
Prosecutor Mr Mousley said: “Shauna knew what you were doing, didn’t she.”
Matthews replied: “No.
“The day I bought the B&Q saw I was cutting. Because Shauna was not at the house - she was at my mum’s.”
The prosecutor suggested Matthews chopped up Becky’s body over the weekend while Hoare was in the house.
Matthews said: “There was a point when I used the saw and said I had to cut through a pipe.”
The jury heard Matthews wrapped the body parts in cling film over the weekend - and had to go out and buy extra wrapping.
Matthews said: “I didn’t want to remember what I was doing - it had to be done, kind of thing.”
The prosecutor told how two face masks were used in the process.
Matthews denied the second mask was worn by Hoare.
He said: “No, she didn’t know anything about it.
“I was just trying to pack it so it was air-tight, that’s why I wrapped loads and loads of cling film round it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6726636

Hmmn he said it was quick to do the cutting, yet now saying he hadn't finished so had to finish it the next day. If this is the first time he's mentioned this then it looks like he's trying to fit round what he heard SH say about hearing the saw the next day

I'm starting to wonder if he did the sawing! He doesn't seem to be able to describe what it all looked like, how it was done - almost as if he doesn't have that knowledge. Seems far fetched, but his story is getting more ridiculous by the day.

This is the feeling I'm getting. I wonder if he was supposed to but bottled out (couldn't physically bring himself to do it) and SH ended up having to do it.

Hmmn he said it was quick to do the cutting, yet now saying he hadn't finished so had to finish it the next day. If this is the first time he's mentioned this then it looks like he's trying to fit round what he heard SH say about hearing the saw the next day

This is one part of a trial I don't understand - wouldn't it make much more sense for NM and SH to not see eachother's testimony? Otherwise it makes it too easy for them to corroborate their stories.

Very interesting. Wonder who they were calling about? Their own child or BW?
Children in care teams deal with children in and after leaving the care system.

Their child wasn't 'in care' nor had been previously so I doubt it was about her. To my knowledge, Becky hadn't been in care either, the only person who had actually been in care at any point was Shauna.

It could be that this 'I closed my eyes' etc is all rubbish because he had planned to do all this from the start. If he says he was focussed and steady when doing the dismemberment then it doesn't really fit with the 'none of this was planned' explanation he's going with.

Indeed. He will have heard her statements that were played in court, so now he's working frantically to adapt his story to match hers.

Their child wasn't 'in care' nor had been previously so I doubt it was about her. To my knowledge, Becky hadn't been in care either, the only person who had actually been in care at any point was Shauna.

Just a theory but perhaps this was because they were already making plans to reconcile with SH parents, so she wanted to talk to them (Children in care) about it? For all we know SH may have been in regular contact with them.

How do you know for certain their child wasn't in care at any stage? I suppose the state of the house indicates no involvement from social services, one look into that house and a child would be taken away.

The call could have been SH hoping to put her child in care or a lie about BW of some sorts.

Or maybe a relative of SH's? or somebody who worked there when she'd been there that she thought she could confide in? Other than that it could be they were going to put their child in care and hand themselves in or do a runner. Shame there's not more info about what was said in the call or whether it was even answered, maybe it was an answerphone.

Just a theory but perhaps this was because they were already making plans to reconcile with SH parents, so she wanted to talk to them (Children in care) about it? For all we know SH may have been in regular contact with them.

The call was the night of Becky's killing, long before their plan to see her parents but also calling at night makes it seem it was something urgent or why not wait till next day.

How do you know for certain their child wasn't in care at any stage? I suppose the state of the house indicates no involvement from social services, one look into that house and a child would be taken away.

The call could have been SH hoping to put her child in care or a lie about BW of some sorts.
I don't believe that's true. A child wouldn't necessarily be taken into care just because of the state of the hoarding. They would maybe be assigned a social worker who would work WITH them with a view to getting mental health help for the hoarder, help and encourage them to make the house more suitable.

I wonder will there be a social services inquiry after the trial.

If the child was taken into care as requested by SH that would explain why there is no sign of her in the footage in Asda etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw