GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, SH would have been better off/more believable claiming she was aware of the stuff being moved and thought it was stolen goods or something, instead of this blind denial of everything. That then gives her a reason to lie to police, a reason to clear off to her mother's and doesn't leave her trying to explain how she never heard any of the commotion including stuff being moved from the loft right outisde her bedroom.

Really looking forward to SH giving evidence tomorrow. I am glad she is - IMO this strengthens her case, and I feel it is what an innocent person WOULD do. I don't think many expected her to.

EDITED TO SAY: I know this is an unpopular opinion but I someone has to say it or there is only one side of the coin being represented here.

I don't think there's really been any compelling evidence to suggest that she isn't telling the truth so far. It's insane to imagine that all that could've taken place without her knowledge definitely ... but I don't think we should be baying for her blood quite so much until we've heard what she has to say. I could be totally wrong of course ... but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until I hear more. I for one would feel terrible if I'd spent the past few weeks defaming her character and it turns out she is innocent (although we may never know the whole truth)

'I was not cocky - it was not a game'

The jury heard later that evening Matthews got a friend to give him and Hoare a lift home.
Matthews then went out again and came back in a van which was used to move Becky’s body parts out of the house.
He said Hoare was asleep in the house when he arrived back to move out the body parts.
The van was parked outside for at least 40 minutes while Matthews was packing the dismembered body into suitcases.
Matthews said: “Quietly with all the lights off.”

Mr Mousley said: “You were confident, if not cocky, the police would not find anything when they came round the next day.”
Matthews replied: “I was confident but I was not cocky - it was not a game.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6726636

'I had no plan - that should be pretty b****y obvious'

The jury heard how Avon and Somerset police officers arrested Matthews on February 28.
Prosecutor: “So the plan failed didn’t it.”
Matthews: “Not completely.”
Prosecutor: “You and her were both in it together from start to finish.
Matthews: “No, not to start, not to finish - not anything. That’s what you are trying to suggest.”
Prosecutor: “But you had a fall back plan with Shauna.”
Matthews: “No.”
Prosecutor: “Did you tell Shauna that out of your love for her you would take it all on your shoulders?”
Matthews: “No that would be highly suspicious. I didn’t want to row out Shauna - Shauna had nothing to do with it.”
The prosecutor said Matthews had tried to get off as lightly as he could himself - while enabling Shauna to get away with it.
Matthews started sobbing as he said: “I could have made up s*** loads of things.
“Once it went wrong I had no plan - that should be pretty b****y obvious.”
The trial has been adjourned until tomorrow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6726636

Really looking forward to SH giving evidence tomorrow. I am glad she is - IMO this strengthens her case, and I feel it is what an innocent person WOULD do. I don't think many expected her to.

It's what an innocent person might do but it's also what a guilty person who thinks they can lie their way out of it might do.

NH's case closed, does that mean no more witnesses for his defense? Am slightly surprised there hasn't been a statement from AG & DG about the couples behaviour during that week. I am guessing the Police maybe didn't feel it fair or necessary? I just wander what other lies were told on that Thursday/Friday. Also hope that regardless of what happens to SH/NM that they will get to see their Grandaughter. Poor little mite, what a lot she will have to deal with one day! :thinking:

I find that very hard to believe. I hide Christmas stockings in my loft and its very difficult to keep quiet, when climbing up there on Christmas Eve to bring them down onto the landing.

The differences to the two situations:

My children will be in a deep sleep having gone to bed some hours before vs SH having just dropped off.

I have a few stockings up there vs NM having lots of different bags, suitcases tools and packages to remove.

My hallway and stairs is tidy and clutter-free vs they'd be tripping over all sorts of stuff (the stairs had plenty of trip hazzards)

I am familiar with my hallway, stairs and house vs NM had strangers doing the moving

I get stockings out of the loft with the lights on so can see what I am doing vs they were in the dark, surrounded by clutter (and didn't bump into a single thing???)

I'm sure other people could add to this list!

My boyfriend is an extremely heavy sleeper - I can literally shout at him right next to his face and he won't wake up, so it is possible she slept through if the door to their bedroom was closed.

UK & Eire site reporting that there was no mention made of SH/NM's daughter during todays proceedings

My boyfriend is an extremely heavy sleeper - I can literally shout at him right next to his face and he won't wake up, so it is possible she slept through if the door to their bedroom was closed.

It's not just the fact that she has to be a heavy sleeper , NM also has to know that she will be asleep when he gets there with the van. That she won't be having a pee, or making a drink, reading a book or watching TV. If she isn't asleep, the plan fails and he has to come up with an excuse for why two blokes are there moving everything and why he's got to go up the loft.

My thoughts exactly. I am inclined to believe some of what Shauna says but this is a sticking point for me. I wonder what her explanation is.
Could it be that he'd said something along the lines of - 'I've bought some stun guns and if the police search the house and find them i'll be in the ... poop'

If only we could use lie detectors accurately as part of a case :/

It's not just the fact that she has to be a heavy sleeper , NM also has to know that she will be asleep when he gets there with the van. That she won't be having a pee, or making a drink, reading a book or watching TV. If she isn't asleep, the plan fails and he has to come up with an excuse for why two blokes are there moving everything and why he's got to go up the loft.

Yes, for me this is where much of it falls down. NM had to hope ? that SH would not walk back into the house while he was attacking Becky. An attack that took upwards of 20 minutes, by his own admission today.
How could he be sure SH would stay outside for just the right length of time, that her child might not want to come in out of the cold and use the bathroom ?

Likewise at CML - I can, just about, accept that SH might have gone inside and straight to bed and sleep on Feb 23/24.....but there is no guarantee she would stay asleep, no guarantee the child would not wake and want something.

I do hope Pros asks SH about the bathroom facilities - or lack of - over that week end, because NM seemed to be claiming that he did the whole job on the Friday afternoon, so why was SH talking about having to use a bucket etc ?

Great job by QC today. Hope he has saved some of his sarcasm for SH.

I don't think it was a good job at all :mad:

Was this a cross examination? Nothing was discussed or examined in depths! Nothing

What Mr Matthews said he didn't know or he didn't remember was never asked again and made him notice he had to know or to remember as he was there and he couldn't have selective memory to remember so well some things and not others.

I'm completely disappointed with this cross examination. Yesterday I was but said nothing as it was so little time and I gave the benefit of doubt, but today it was good to see that the prossecutor could have worked deeper and better

Nothing, nothing is cleared or explained. Nothing! Things are only touched at the surface, the half wit answers what he wants and any questions were repeated until he reminded or until he could explain better.

As for the sarcasm, well a little light amongst all this sad trial.

CRIMINALS HAVE TOO MUCH RIGHTS!! Are treated like eggshells. :sick:

VICTIMS NEVER HAVE A CHANCE!

I don't think it was a good job at all :mad:

Was this a cross examination? Nothing was discussed or examined in depths! Nothing

What Mr Matthews said he didn't know or he didn't remember was never asked again and made him notice he had to know or to remember as he was there and he couldn't have selective memory to remember so well some things and not others.

I'm completely disappointed with this cross examination. Yesterday I was but said nothing as it was so little time and I gave the benefit of doubt, but today it was good to see that the prossecutor could have worked deeper and better

Nothing, nothing is cleared or explained. Nothing! Things are only touched at the surface, the half wit answers what he wants and any questions were repeated until he reminded or until he could explain better.

As for the sarcasm, well a little light amongst all this sad trial.

CRIMINALS HAVE TOO MUCH RIGHTS!! Are treated like eggshells. :sick:

VICTIMS NEVER HAVE A CHANCE!

I think Pros is interested in proving SH was involved too but if he asks everything he wants to ask about her involvement then SH can just use all the answers NM gives when she takes the stand tomorrow.

I do hope Pros asks SH about the bathroom facilities - or lack of - over that week end, because NM seemed to be claiming that he did the whole job on the Friday afternoon, so why was SH talking about having to use a bucket etc ?

NM did say that he had to use the saw again on the Saturday. He can't possibly have packaged and hidden all the components used whilst SH was at AG's on Friday afternoon because he/they hadn't even bought the cling film, rubble sacks at that point

You could argue the same about taking her to the house when he was planning to 'kidnap' (or kill) Becky in the first place. Why take SH when there is a huge risk she will interrupt or see something?! I think if we can believe that then I can definitely believe he took the risk of Shauna waking up to pee in the middle of the night.

There is no way SH slept through the moving of Becky's body. They did not live in a mansion. They lived in a small cramped apartment stuffed to the hilt with junk. They want people to believe that multiple grown men were creeping around that apartment in the dark, moving evidence of a crime without her knowing?

NM and SH were two rotten peas in a pod. They did everything together, including this crime.

Thanks for all the trial updates.

I think Pros is interested in proving SH was involved too but if he asks everything he wants to ask about her involvement then SH can just use all the answers NM gives when she takes the stand tomorrow.

Yes, this is a shame - why is she allowed to hear his answers?! I really don't understand this. Surely they should be kept separate for this? But then again it will look suspicious if she changes her original story so ... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne