GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand how anyone can think SH masterminded this whole thing. Could she have known more than she is letting on? Yes. Was she fully involved in a plot to kidnap and kill a young girl?! That is quite a stretch. MOO, as always.

I'm inclined to believe her about NM being extremely controlling. Of course he's going to deny that and play it down, but his denials haven't exactly been 'She's telling a pack of lies!' but rather 'I wasn't as bad as she's saying, I did grab her neck once but I didn't SQUEEZE' etc. Shows there is more than a grain of truth in what she is saying.
My ex husband became increasingly violent during our marriage and he too liked to downplay his actions - I've always said it's the person on the receiving end who gets to judge how hard you hit them ...

ITV Becky Trial Retweeted
Victoria Davies ‏@VictoriaITV 38s38 seconds ago
Court hears Nathan Matthews went to the GP to get help for his mental health but "blew up" at the doctor. @ITVBeckyTrial #beckwatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 1m1 minute ago
Of the incident where NM punched a wall at the drs SH says, "He just kind of blew up, left the room. We heard the bang." #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 4m4 minutes ago
"He had a tone of voice" Hoare says, "you would know when he was getting towards that stage [of being violent]" #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial Retweeted
Victoria Davies ‏@VictoriaITV 4m4 minutes ago
Shauna Hoare tells the jury how Nathan Matthews once strangled her. She says "I was panicked and scared." @ITVBeckyTrial #beckywatts

I'm sure NM was actually abusive to SH but I am looking forward to hearing some witnesses that can confirm this.
When she slips in "we didn't go out for 2 days until the red mark around my neck had gone" ( strangling mark) .....
Why mention that part?
She has a tendency to slip in these sorts of things. Just wondering......

"They went out for drinks". Errrr, she was FOURTEEN.

Perhaps I'm just showing my age here but they start very young these days.
I wouldn't say 'they' I'd say youngsters that don't have a good family life.

Neighbour SW interviewed around about 24th,25th Feb said didn't hear anything. Reinterviewed by police after NM,SH arrested on suspicion of murder - that's when she said she had heard argument on night of 18th and furniture being moved etc between 11am and 2pm on 19th.

Have to go now, will find link later
Cheers. Could be a case of her remembering and pinpointing the day I guess.

My ex husband became increasingly violent during our marriage and he too liked to downplay his actions - I've always said it's the person on the receiving end who gets to judge how hard you hit them ...

I'm glad to hear he is your EX now mrazda! Sorry you had to go through that :(

I'm sure NM was actually abusive to SH but I am looking forward to hearing some witnesses that can confirm this.
When she slips in "we didn't go out for 2 days until the red mark around my neck had gone" ( strangling mark) .....
Why mention that part?

Cause she's trying to avoid being jailed for murder, and is trying to play both the "I didnt see anything" and the "even if I did I was too scared of him to say anything" cards.

Well that would be ironic, given she was pregnant :)

I still find it hard to believe she was oblivious to everything that day, and the days following. And I don't think NM could have risked doing ANY of it knowing she could bust him at any time. What would he have done then, killed her too?

Well, I guess it's not like she could take off her pregnant belly every time she had a smoke! Even if she was smoking while pregnant, it would still make sense to minimise the risk to her other child. I suspect though that smoking outside was just her habit, as I can't imagine her being allowed to smoke inside at CML.

I find it hard to believe she was oblivious to everything too - it'll be very interesting to hear her side of things today...

I'm glad to hear he is your EX now mrazda! Sorry you had to go through that :(
I didn't want my own daughters to grow up thinking it was normal. My ex though is now remarried and lives the epitome of rose covered cottage life (literally) while I'm the 'single parent' ...

Why mention that part?

There aren't always witnesses to domestic violence. In fact, its more usual that there aren't. It's one of the ways the abuser makes their victim think it isn't as bad, that they deserved it etc. The abuser is usually very careful to make sure they aren't violent towards their spouse around other people - and covering up the evidence afterwards eg. tell them you walked into a door / wear a scarf etc.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 2 mins2 minutes ago
SH says there were many times she watched the YouTube video 'Do you want to hide a body' as her and NM thought it was "funny" #beckywatts

Maybe she didn't want to smoke inside around the child, and/or she was in the habit of smoking outside. I doubt she smoked inside at home.

It doesn't look like torrential rain to me, spitting a bit perhaps. It's a bit hard to say from the footage.

I doubt she would be worried about smoking near the child, when she clearly isn't worried about the effects of smoking on her 2 unborn children.

I didn't want my own daughters to grow up thinking it was normal. My ex though is now remarried and lives the epitome of rose covered cottage life (literally) while I'm the 'single parent' ...

Hmm I doubt its so rosy behind closed doors ;) you definitely got the better deal. Very brave of you, having the strength to do that for your girls! I'd like to think I would be able to do the same.

https://twitter.com/clairehayhurst

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 50 mins50 minutes ago
I'm at Bristol Crown Court with @rodminchin for the #beckywatts murder trial. Shauna Hoare is due to give evidence.

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 48 mins48 minutes ago
Hoare is wearing a peach blouse, black jacket, black trousers and a multi coloured necklace. Now talking about her background

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 44 mins44 minutes ago
Hoare says she was introduced to Nathan Matthews by her sister's boyfriend. They got together "quite quickly" and he would stay at her home.

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 42 mins42 minutes ago
Hoare: "When I met Nathan I spent a lot of time with him and lost contact with most of my friends."

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 32 mins32 minutes ago
Hoare: wasn't able to access her money, NM controlled it, had her bank card and moved money between account without her knowledge.s

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 30 mins30 minutes ago
Hoare is now looking through records of Matthews's bank accounts

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 28 mins28 minutes ago
Hoare: NM would transfer money between their accounts to ensure they had enough to qualify for perks of certain bank accounts.

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 27 mins27 minutes ago
Hoare said NM controlled food: "The majority of the time I would ask for something and he would say no so I would have to continue to ask."

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 24 mins24 minutes ago
Hoare: "It could be a sandwich, it could be some sort of pastry, it could be a drink. He would say because it had too much fat in it."

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 22 mins22 minutes ago
Hoare: would never invite friends to their home as "there was stuff everywhere".

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 19 mins19 minutes ago
Hoare: Good and bad times in relationship - depended "if he was in a good mood". "He could be very funny," she tell court

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 17 mins17 minutes ago
Hoare telling court NM grabbed her by the hair and pulled her across the bed. After he was "very very sorry". Says it hurt.

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 15 mins15 minutes ago
Hoare recounts "terrifying" moment NM stabbed himself with a fork when he asked him to leave. Had asked him to do so "maybe twice" before.

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 12 mins12 minutes ago
Hoare claims NM strangled her on one occasion, making her "panicked, scared". After he explained she had been "annoying him".

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 10 mins10 minutes ago
Hoare: NM went to doctor for help with his mental health 6 months before Becky's death. "He was getting annoyed, couldn't get his words out"

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 9 mins9 minutes ago
Hoare: Matthews left the room and punched a wall. "He blew up, I heard the bang. He was there apologising to the doctor and went back in".

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 5 mins5 minutes ago
Hoare asked about threesomes. "Nathan had mentioned it quite a few times. I was always quite against it but he persuaded me in a sense."

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 4 mins4 minutes ago
Hoare tells court she had relationship with a girl for a few weeks when she was 13 or 14, it was "kissing and on top of clothes fondling".

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 3 mins3 minutes ago
Hoare: Exaggerated it to NM when they met to "make myself seem more exciting I suppose, make me more appealing to him".

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 49 secs50 seconds ago
Hoare: wanted to leave NM for "quite a few years. I couldn't. I had nowhere to go, I had nobody else. He would find me."

Harriet Hadfield ‏@SkyHarriet 7 mins7 minutes ago
#beckywatts: SH "Nathan had mentioned threesomes quite a few times. I was against it. But he kind of persuaded me to be open to the idea"

Harriet Hadfield ‏@SkyHarriet 6 mins6 minutes ago
#beckywatts: SH on experimenting with a girl aged 13 or 14: "Lasted a week, maybe two. Kissing and on top of clothes fondling."

Cause she's trying to avoid being jailed for murder, and is trying to play both the "I didnt see anything" and the "even if I did I was too scared of him to say anything" cards.

yes, that's what I'm thinking.
This is the Defence case, interesting to look at the themes developing so far just in 40 mins of her being on the stand.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 2 mins2 minutes ago
But, SH says, "I had no where to go, I had nobody else, he would have found me, he would have been angry.” #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 3 mins3 minutes ago
SH says her friend tried to persuade her to leave NM, and they even came up with a plan to do it #beckywatts

yes, that's what I'm thinking.
This is the Defence case, interesting to look at the themes developing so far just in 40 mins of her being on the stand.

First thing the pros should say is what relevance does all this have if you didn't know or suspect anything anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne