GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my opinions are never set in stone and can change based on what we hear, but so far the more I've heard the more unbelievable it's become for her to have known nothing. Especially now with NM's admitted big mistake of placing himself in the kitchen with SH when they heard the door slam

ETA Condemning is a strong, rather judgmental word. I'm merely giving an opinon of what I think of her story, based on what we've heard so far.

Again, 'condemn' not directed at you specifically - I have by no means made my mind up about her either, but I think collectively this thread (not individuals) is reading very anti-Shauna. I think I have a tendency to play devil's advocate anyway - when I see someone being almost universally hated (on a reality show, for example), it a lot of instances I will argue their case if I feel it isn't being represented properly. I'm sorry if you feel I've attacked you personally, that was not my intention!

I just don't know what to think at the moment. My gut is still telling me it's kidnap-gone-wrong and that she was complicit in that, and then had to help with the disposal to whatever extent even if it was just keeping her mouth shut, keeping the child out of the way, and helping him delay searches etc. I struggle to believe she knew nothing whatsoever even though there is little supporting DNA evidence.

Does anyone here feel SH is genuinely completely innocent of anything to do with Becky's disappearance?

I honestly don't know yet and I don't think it's possible to make that call until we've heard what she has to say, along with the prosecution's cross-examination of her.

I agree from the level of injury/illness he describes it should be tricky. But how do we know that he is telling the truth re: the extent of his illness?
I am suprised that the prosecution didn't call his doctor or a professional to discuss his illness and the limitation it's would pose

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just reading Uk and Eire database Facebook , So one of them searched for the TV programme Vampire Diaries the night Becky died and they watched Underworld an action horror movie about vampires the following night. I know vampire stuff is quite popular now but I still wonder if there's a link there.

I just don't know what to think at the moment. My gut is still telling me it's kidnap-gone-wrong and that she was complicit in that, and then had to help with the disposal to whatever extent even if it was just keeping her mouth shut, keeping the child out of the way, and helping him delay searches etc. I struggle to believe she knew nothing whatsoever even though there is little supporting DNA evidence.

Does anyone here feel SH is genuinely completely innocent of anything to do with Becky's disappearance?

I haven't ruled out that she may have been involved but at the same time I haven't seen anything that makes me think 100% she was.

I don't think she has been entirely honest and I do expect that she lying, I'm just not sure to what extent. Some things just do not add up but other things I feel she is being jumped on unfairly.

At the moment I feel she found out what Nathan had done after it had happened but before she was in police custody. I want to hear all her defence evidence before making my final call on this though.

I honestly don't know yet and I don't think it's possible to make that call until we've heard what she has to say, along with the prosecution's cross-examination of her.

You must have an opinon in your head based on what we know so far though?

^^RBBM

She made things up to put him in a good mood...he must be overflowing with happiness at her made-up testimony today in court
Just choked on me tea! Me like!

I am suprised that the prosecution didn't call his doctor or a professional to discuss his illness and the limitation it's would pose

Me to, unless it wouldn't be favourable for them to do so. But then if it wouldn't be favourable for the prosecution then it would be for the defence so I'd expect the Doctor to be called as a defence witness. It would clear up a few questions in my mind either way.

Again, 'condemn' not directed at you specifically - I have by no means made my mind up about her either, but I think collectively this thread (not individuals) is reading very anti-Shauna. I think I have a tendency to play devil's advocate anyway - when I see someone being almost universally hated (on a reality show, for example), it a lot of instances I will argue their case if I feel it isn't being represented properly. I'm sorry if you feel I've attacked you personally, that was not my intention!

Not personally no , but there does seem to be that slightly judgemental air coming across from those who refuse to state an opinion on SH's guilt until the trial is over. I guess I don't understand it because I don't see the problem in giving opinions of the case as it stands at any point in time, whilst being aware that the opinion could change if more evidence comes in.

Her anti depressants have to have subdued her because I know if I was innocent of such a heinous crime that there is no way I'd be able to be so calm in my answers regarding NM especially having to make a massive decision to abort my babies/having lost my babies and being separated from my little girl (especially with knowledge of the care system)

Her anti depressants have to have subdued her because I know if I was innocent of such a heinous crime that there is no way I'd be able to be so calm in my answers regarding NM especially having to make a massive decision to abort my babies/having lost my babies and being separated from my little girl (especially with knowledge of the care system)

I wonder what she's taking and if she is on something stronger than anti-ds. I find things that aren't anti-ds get grouped under the same bracket to those who don't understand them.

I had to go on diazepam once for a truly horrendous time in my life. The doctor would only give me five and I took them sparingly but wow, the difference they made. I went from being a panicking mess in floods of tears to someone with a very light feeling in my head, one of calm. It's difficulty to describe but I could see exactly why people would become addicted to them.

Not personally no , but there does seem to be that slightly judgemental air coming across from those who refuse to state an opinion on SH's guilt until the trial is over. I guess I don't understand it because I don't see the problem in giving opinions of the case as it stands at any point in time, whilst being aware that the opinion could change if more evidence comes in.
Jumping on your response - don't think that this thread is very anti SH. Take a look at the Uk& Eire fb page or Bristol Post and then you'll see anti SH. I think people on here on the whole are doing a very good job if taking what evidence has been presented to the jury and using that to establish informed ideas and opinions. We may not all agree but that the nature of the beast

I wonder what she's taking and if she is on something stronger than anti-ds. I find things that aren't anti-ds get grouped under the same bracket to those who don't understand them.

I had to go on diazepam once for a truly horrendous time in my life. The doctor would only give me five and I took them sparingly but wow, the difference they made. I went from being a panicking mess in floods of tears to someone with a very light feeling in my head, one of calm. It's difficulty to describe but I could see exactly why people would become addicted to them.

Diazepam is more for anxiety or as a pre med though. I had some before a minor op and I was chilled to the point of not being able to keep my eyes open lol

But she told the jury that he would control what food she ate and at times she would have to 'beg'.
'The majority of the time I would ask for something and he would say no so I would continue to ask - almost begging in a sense,' she said.

The court heard that she started smoking at 13 but Matthews did not like her habit so she would pay him for the right to buy cigarettes.
'I would pay him £5 a week for him to allow me to have one pack of cigarettes,' she said. 'I would hide the cigarettes.

'Towards the end of the relationship I would take cigarettes to the shop and smoke and I would always have moisturiser for my hands, perfume and chewing gum in my bag to disguise the smell.
'If he was in a good mood and I was quite persistent he would allow me to smoke. He might have just woken up and just generally been in a good mood.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-claims-strangled-argument.html#ixzz3q4Br6fKQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just some examples of how she doesn't submit to NM's control.

You must have an opinon in your head based on what we know so far though?

I'm not sure which way I'm leaning right now. Taken individually I think her explanations are believable but the more they stack on top of one another the more improbable it becomes, and the more likely that she is lying about SOMETHING at least. I'm just not sure what that is, if anything. I don't think she was directly involved in the murder - Nathan is too vehement on that point and I believe him. I think weirdly he has a sense of justice (even if it is twisted).

But I DO wonder whether she found out, late in the day, after he had disposed of Becky perhaps? And he BEGGED her not to go to the police? But then again I can't imagine why any normal person would want to stay with someone after finding that out, father of your children or not. It also would've been the perfect reason for her to finally be free of him. My thoughts on this case are honestly all over the place (as you can see) and I still don't know whether I think she was involved to an extent - which would explain holes in her story, or not at all, as she claims. I however do not think that she was complicit in the murder or kidnap. I also believe her when she says that NM was controlling and violent. I do not think fundamentally that she is capable of taking the life of a young girl.

Diazepam is more for anxiety or as a pre med though. I had some before a minor op and I was chilled to the point of not being able to keep my eyes open lol
I think the point LLB was trying to make was that it may be something other than anti -ds which SH is on because nowadays a lot f people refer to other me ds (such as those for anxieties/calming effects) as anti-ds

Anyway, I don't get this line of NM being the partner with all the control. What is her aim here? To show she is too afraid to ask what he's doing holed up in the bathroom with the door locked for 3-4 days?

I'm searching Rightmove for similar houses. There are 2 further down the street (no 6 & 8 I think) then the little roads that branch off Crown Hill (Naseby Walk and Crown Hill Walk) have the same type looking at the fronts of them.

It's a 3 bed semi, probably a common design in the immediate area, but I can't find one that's been for sale recently. Has anyone managed to sketch anything based on the photos we've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock