GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin all, just caught up with the late late overnight posts, some excellent thoughts there.
Cant see any Journos tweeting yet, UK&Eire is in Court but nothing started so far.

Expecting a very quiet day once Jury go out, will probably be able to catch up on all my work.:D

Dom Reynolds Verified account  ‏@domreynolds · 41s41 seconds ago
The judge is preparing to send jury out. Before he does, he's reminding the 10 women and 1 man of pros. & defence cases. #BeckyWatts

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 41s41 seconds ago
Judge is giving the jury a final reminder of all the charges in the Becky Watts trial

Doubt it. The stun guns were found long before 22nd June and at that point the charge was false imprisonment

but then they reviewed the charges before bringing the case to court, to get the best possible chance of a conviction. there was nothing in the evidence to make a case for false imprisonment, and the stun guns made the kidnap charge more likely to stick. The texts found (probably deleted) were also indicative of a kidnap plan.

But there is NO evidence for this being an argument getting out of hand. It is not only the Crown's case that it was a kidnap plan but NM admits it.

People (not you - all who hold the view) see a kidnap plan as ridiculous, but don't you see the pair of them as being the type who would do something ridiculous, judging by their conversations with each other? Ridiculous being an understatement, but I can't think of a better word right now.

ETA - And who in their RIGHT mind would buy stun guns, if they are not planning a kidnap/abduction.

I agree with you that a kidnap plan isn't out of the question. I mean this particular kidnap plan was ridiculous ... the one that involved him kidnapping Becky whilst his girlfriend had a cigarette in the garden ...... the plan that a kidnap was a punishment for leaving things lying around in a house that was pretty much full of things lying around .... that particular kidnap plan that involved him covering his face, but not disguising his car or blindfolding Becky.

I don't believe his version of the kidnap plan!

<rsbm>

Neither do the prosecution. They don't believe he put Becky in a suitcase and they didn't think much of his masterful disguise and deep voice

Ohhh so comic the bees, TY CoverMeCagney.

There are here so many 'emotions' to use that I didn't discover these flying bees. Will use them every so often ;)

lol I was taught this 'beesknees' word by a Scottish friend. It was the 'beesknees' and the 'dog's bolloks', but in al honesty I am not certain of their meanings.

No, I will explain. I know what is 'knees' and what is 'bees' of course. lolol I also know what is 'bollocks' and 'dog'. What I don't know is making a word with the knees of the bees lolol or with the bollocks of the dogs lolol :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I found both words very funny and 'beesknees' was chosen as my nickname here because of its funny sound.

:bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee:

Anyone else wishing she'd have chosen the other one as her name on here? :laughing::laughing:

Jerry Lawton &#8207;@JerryLawton 1m1 minute ago

Judge at Bristol CC sends out jury to consider verdicts in trial of Nathan Matthews & Shauna Hoare who deny murder of 16yo

I feel slightly sick just reading this. Praying for the right result

Siobhan Robbins&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@SiobhanRobbins · 37s37 seconds ago
The jury in the Becky Watts trial has now retired to consider its verdict

Dom Reynolds&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@domreynolds · 31s31 seconds ago
The jury has now retired to begin its deliberations. The judge reminded the 11, "there is no pressure of time". #beckywatts

Heart West News &#8207;@HeartWestNews · 40s41 seconds ago
#BeckyWatts the judge tells the jury, "you must reach, if you can, a unanimous verdict"

I agree with you.

I just this particular kidnap plan was ridiculous ... the one that involved him kidnapping Becky whilst his girlfriend had a cigarette in the garden ...... the plan that a kidnap was a punishment for leaving things lying around in a house that was pretty much full of things lying around .... that particular kidnap plan that involved him covering his face, but not disguising his car or blindfolding Becky.

it is unbelievable - but if you disregard the motive he has given and supplant it with one that he would never admit to, fitting with the evidence of his sexual frustrations and their desire to harm Becky, it puts the plan in a totally different light.

MOO

Just thinking

On Armistice Day,
just before the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month...the Jury are sent out.

Jury retires to consider verdict

The judge told the jury: &#8220;You must if you can return a unanimous verdict.
&#8220;When you retire I ask you to reach a verdict on which each one of you is agreed.
&#8220;There is no pressure on time.
&#8220;If you have not reached a verdict by 4.25pm I will call you back into court and give you further instructions so you can return to your homes and not have to spend the night in a hotel.&#8221;
The jury of ten women and one man has retired at 10.48am to consider a verdict on the charges.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6808661

Well unless the jury ask any questions, I suspect it will be very quiet now until they return to give their verdicts.

Sorry is the judge saying 4:25pm TODAY???? Surely we won't hear a verdict today ???

Sorry is the judge saying 4:25pm TODAY???? Surely we won't hear a verdict today ???

If they haven't reached a verdict by then, they will be brought back into court and told not to talk about it etc before being sent home. Then they will be back in the jury room tomorrow to continue deliberations

No, he just calls them back in at 4.25pm and then dismisses them for the day.

edit - snap Clio , you said it better than me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member