GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way, I hope I am not coming across as patronizing. I think I do tend to word things sometimes as in 'this is how it is' and 'you didn't already know that' way when it is really all just my take on things and using my best efforts to explain myself.

"Tortoise :You are not instructed on its meaning, further than to say you are told you must be sure that the defendant's case is not reasonably or possibly true, and sure in your decision of what is true. "
RSBM

very interesting insights into your jury experience. I can really see that being together assists with the weight of responsibility.

Just isolating that one point BIB above ,to make my reply shorter:
That is what I am saying, for me there is a big difference asking me to decide if something is slightly possible compared to if it is reasonably possible aka plausible.

So, for example, it's theoretically possible that SH did not know NM was upstairs killing BW but it is not reasonable nor plausible....
Juries apparently like some written directions with their verbal directions, so I hope it was given.

This is a big emotive case in the UK, just thinking ahead to the hullabalooo that might ensue on verdict day!:gaah::jail:

ETA - didn't know Judge was continuing again today, so think he will cover all these points I have said in last few posts. Not worried now, more optimistic.

Morning all, just marking my spot for today. Hoping to hear Judges summary as it happens.....or does this Judge prefer reports to be printed after he has finished ?

Cottonweaver just picking up on your last post re hoping the Judge gives good directions. As far as I understood it, the closed session yesterday, from 2.30 to 3.30pm was to discuss charges that are not linked to this case. That is, they do in a way have a link, but they are charges against NM and SH that have not yet been proven and, we are told, do not involve Becky.
So the Jury would not have been in court during this time.
The actual summing up only began at 3.30pm and finished at 4.20pm so Judge has done less than one hour so far.
Like you, I am very much hoping he covers all that you have outlined today as it will be crucial for the Jury to be able to make the right decisions.
I do feel that his one line from yesterday was a very good direction to the Jury, only hope they will all zone in on it, as we did here.

“The agreement to act together need not have been expressed in words. It may be the result of planning or it may be a tacit understanding reached between them on the spur of the moment. The agreement can be inferred from the circumstances.”

Tortoise post, which I didn't see until after I had posted mine, says it all far better than I ever could.

Cottonweaver - I like your line - it is theoretically possible but it is just not reasonable or plausible

by the way, I hope I am not coming across as patronizing. I think I do tend to word things sometimes as in 'this is how it is' and 'you didn't already know that' way when it is really all just my take on things and using my best efforts to explain myself.

BIB Sincerely, never perceived that

@ Alyce,

TY for this fundamental correction, seriously
Blimey ! This means they had only 50 mins of Judge - (the hour I assumed he was giving extras ) they weren't even there.
So where can I find a longer summary of his 50 mins as I am starting to think ( half in jest) that the major concern was to miss the Friday evening rush hour back to the weekend retreat!

ETA just checked UK&Eire again to time the judge's court summary, 50 mins, looks like the UK&Eire transmitted all of it during the 50 mins, so that WAS IT, I haven't missed anything.
Looked up the judge recently - he has a great reputation.....

Morning All,

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest · 1h1 hour ago
#BeckyWatts trial: The judge will continue summing up this morning. Court resumes 10:30

Just paraphrasing from UK&Eire.....sounds as though the summing up with continue with reporting restrictions again today and only a summary will be issued afterwards...sigh...

Morning all, just marking my spot for today. Hoping to hear Judges summary as it happens.....or does this Judge prefer reports to be printed after he has finished ?
<rsbm>

Personally, I doubt there will be very much tweeted this morning but we will see....

@ Alyce,

TY for this fundamental correction, seriously
Blimey ! This means they had only 50 mins of Judge - (the hour I assumed he was giving extras ) they weren't even there.
So where can I find a longer summary of his 50 mins as I am starting to think ( half in jest) that the major concern was to miss the Friday evening rush hour back to the weekend retreat!

ETA just checked UK&Eire again to time the judge's court summary, 50 mins, looks like the UK&Eire transmitted all of it during the 50 mins, so that WAS IT, I haven't missed anything.
Looked up the judge recently - he has a great reputation.....

Was just about to reply but see you have found it. Yep, that's all we have, just that fairly short summary and looks like we will only get a short summary today as well.

Re the Judge, yes he has an interesting history and very good reputation from the sounds of it....

Personally, I doubt there will be very much tweeted this morning but we will see....

We just crossed in the post there Clio - yes indeed, looks like restrictions again and only a summary to be released later...

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 1m1 minute ago
Court has resumed again for Day 24 - the judge is summing up the evidence and the timeline of events. #beckywatts

Dom Reynolds&#61490; Verified account &#61593; &#8207;@domreynolds · 25s26 seconds ago
Judge continuing his summing up of evidence in #beckywatts trial. Jury expected to begin deliberations today.

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 1m1 minute ago
Pros claim there was a shared kidnap plan between NM and SH, due to a shared sexual interest in kidnapping teenage girls #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 55s55 seconds ago
They say because of NM's fibromyalgia he was going to need SH help in carrying out that plan. #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 36s36 seconds ago
Pros say that SH went with NM on Feb 19 - the day #beckywatts was killed - and was with NM for the entire weekend apart from a few hours

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 19s20 seconds ago
NM says his admission is the truth and he is of previous good character so can be relied on. #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 29s29 seconds ago
NM says the kidnapping was a private plan the had been hinking about on and off over last two months. #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 30s30 seconds ago
NM says the kidnapping texts were "mere banter and toilet humour." He says he has no sexual interest in #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 47s47 seconds ago
SH says she had no idea about plan, and was no party to it. She is a person of good character. #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 44s44 seconds ago
SH says she had no shared sexual interest in teenage girls, and no interest in *advertiser censored*. #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial · 18s18 seconds ago
SH denies the kidnapping messages at first because she panicked after hearing what NM had done. She did admit them later #beckywatts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne