GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely said it was the man. I'll have to check back and see if I can find where I read it again, but if it was a mistake they've probably changed it. :mad:

Aha, here we are - it was the Mirror

Cheers in the public gallery as verdicts read out

There were cheers from Becky’s relatives in the packed public gallery as the verdicts were read out by the male jury foreman in court two at Bristol Crown Court.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6808661

OHHHH i´m crying... only knew now... I'm crying...

Ahhh, there you are, Buzzy Bollocks! Don't think any of us expected this news today, I was literally about to log off and shutdown when I saw Clio's post. Hope you're ok. Don't get your wings wet x

Not surprised by the verdict as I felt the evidence was substantial and significant. Hope they both get the max they are both dangerous in my view and will continue to be. I wish the UK would introduce whole life terms for violent heinous crimes. I cannot understand how anyone could do this to another human being. It's hard enough seeing a dead person at a funeral directors never mind what happened here.

Thank you to all of you for your dedication and commitment to Rebecca's case.

R.I.P Rebecca Watts very sorry you never got to live your life. Thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

Becky, my darling little girl, I am so relieved because the possible justice was brought to you. I was so , but so affraid the jury couldn't see that those monsters really wanted to finish your life.

My dear girl, if only you could know how so many people from your country and abroad cared about what was done to you...

I am so sorry Becky... but at least they will be locked for many years of their pathetic lives.

Rest in peace for eternity in the hearts of all the ones who knew you and your story :cry: :cry:

9556507-large.jpg

It has been a great group debate.. Sadly (due to the nature of this forum) Gigi-G there will be another case to debate very soon, and many on-going. I have noticed us Brits tend to follow similar trials, not just in the UK but around the world. Stick around, it's been a pleasure to post with you! :loveyou:

Awwh Thankyou Insp.Dots. It has been a great rapport we share with each other. It's been good also bouncing different theories and ideas around. We would of all made a fantastic Jury. I'll happily stick around. Altho it's tragic that all too often these cases happen. Wished I'd of found WS years ago.

☺😊😀👍

And yet we have the same paper saying forewoman here -

Shouts of 'Yes!' and clapping after verdicts

Friends and family of the popular teenager, including best friend Courtney Bicker, grandfather John Galsworthy, uncle Sam Galsworthy, brother Daniel Watts, stepmother Anjie - Matthews’ mother - father Darren Galsworthy and aunt Sarah Broom, sat in the public gallery wearing blue ribbons.
When the jury forewoman stood up to deliver the verdicts, the atmosphere in Courtroom 2 was tense with anticipation.
As the first verdict was returned - that Matthews kidnapped his stepsister with Hoare - people in the upstairs public gallery began clapping and shouting “Yes”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6808661

I've also seen forewoman stated in 3 other papers. think it is just an error when they said foreman.

You mean you won't be on other threads, no other cases? Please, Have you evaded the infamous websleuths addiction? It's kinda like pringles.. 'once you pop' Or maybe you just haven't felt the cravings yet :p

I have a feeling we will still be seeing you around ;)

Aha! Once you pop you cannot stop... oh indeed this Site has been my daily diet. Eat sleep and drink it lol. Ohh I'm hooked entirely I seem to think I've been bitten by the Websleuths bug! 😂

No, I suggested it when Retribution was posting, but it didn't happen and then Retri left us :(

I have, however, asked Kate B about having a general UK discussion thread somewhere downstairs (the Parking Lot & the Jury Room contain threads accessible only to members). She thinks it could work so fingers crossed. Who's coming?!

(Kate / Coldpizza - if you see this - pleeeeease??)

I'm in !!!

I've read sentencing is at 10am on Friday

looking forward to hearing the judge's words to them

UK cases come and go, fortunately it's rare to have one as "big" as this has been where we get to all be together.

I'm not nagging, but please all take time to subscribe to the UK cases thread in my sig link below (above the top post on any page click on thread tools) and also please keep it updated with any new threads you spot. This means we'll all get updated when a new UK case comes in. And hopefully we'll get a more general thread soon and can share our local news, laws, cases and resources there.

It's just that the reporter (Richard Smith) seems to have made a point of specifying male, ie not just saying foreman, but "male jury foreman".
Not that it matters.

ah ok, perhaps it wasn't obvious :D

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....trial/tribute-to-becky-from-the-watts-family/

I think it's very sad that the Watts family have felt that they need to defend their wish to keep a low profile. I respect that, and have felt for them throughout. They seem to be very dignified people.

Meant to reply to this earlier. I think Tania Watts and her mother have been very dignified throughout. This must have been horrendous for her ( as was for Becky's father's side of the family ) and I remember she felt unable to go to Becky's funeral. She also gave a reason which I wont repeat here as may or may not have been fact.
Her statement today was so eloquent and I thought her FLO was wonderful. She put so much meaning and intonation into the reading of the statement, you could almost imagine it as Becky's mum speaking the words.

I do hope MSM will leave them in peace and that they - Tania and her mother - will not be too distressed by all the stories and selling of information that will no doubt start now.

Now that the verdicts are in and there is some form of justice for Becky, I am beginning to feel sorry for the children than MN and SH were. I'm not excusing them for what they did, or saying I feel sorry for them now, because I don't. There is no excuse and nobody else to blame. I mean, if we had heard about them when they were little children and knew the situation they were in, I think we would all be very sad for them.

What 7 year old boy being given to his grandmother to look after, then seeing his own mother take on someone else's children (who call her 'mum') isn't going to have some kind of issues.

And what young girl, shifted from foster home to foster home, isn't going to be affected by her mother having more children who stay with her? What 14 girl isn't going to have some issues when her own mother, rather than guide and protects her, encourages a sexual relationship with a full grown man. Encourages an illegal sexual relationship?

I think there will be - and should be - a lot of soul searching.

There should be, but whether there will be is a different matter. I completely agree with you, and posted to that effect a few days back. Reading about the various fractured families and the almost complete lack of the main protagonists being raised by their mother was incredibly depressing.

I think you have the crux of the matter in your post - two people suffering from the ultimate in maternal rejection. I too would have felt very sorry for them had I known them as children.

Aha! Once you pop you cannot stop... oh indeed this Site has been my daily diet. Eat sleep and drink it lol. Ohh I'm hooked entirely I seem to think I've been bitten by the Websleuths bug! ��

Me too, and tonight I am actually going to SLEEP at bedtime instead of still being awake at silly o'clock. If you catch me here after 11pm please tell me off! :bed:

If he got murder, and SH got manslaughter, I'm wondering if (like so many of us wondered) SH did the smothering to keep Becky quiet, whilst NM was strangling her?

I can't work out any other reason why he got murder but she got manslaughter, especially when both were found guilty of the conspiring to kidnap charge. Anyone?

Yes this did puzzle me but in fairness to the jury who have clearly understood this case more than any of us on WS, I think that it must be the "reasonable doubt" that kept the murder charge away from Hoare. At best she discovered the attack on Becky whilst she could still do something to prevent her death and at worst she was complicit in the whole thing from the start.

The reasonable doubt is that there is no proof SH's hands were on Becky when she died, but I think otherwise.

Meant to reply to this earlier. I think Tania Watts and her mother have been very dignified throughout. This must have been horrendous for her ( as was for Becky's father's side of the family ) and I remember she felt unable to go to Becky's funeral. She also gave a reason which I wont repeat here as may or may not have been fact.
Her statement today was so eloquent and I thought her FLO was wonderful. She put so much meaning and intonation into the reading of the statement, you could almost imagine it as Becky's mum speaking the words.

I do hope MSM will leave them in peace and that they - Tania and her mother - will not be too distressed by all the stories and selling of information that will no doubt start now.

Well said.

As for the BIB, I dread to think what's to come. I fear that with such a large and complicated extended family (some of whom didn't even know Becky), there may well be a few looking for their fifteen minutes.

And I think I've said this before, but I wince every time I see Tanya referred to as Becky's "biological mother". She is her mother: no qualification needed. Becky had a mother and a stepmother.

Well, what a day! I went into work thinking it would be a quiet few days while the jury deliberated, and came out to a verdict! Four verdicts, actually. I'm surprised that JI was found not guilty - although I actually believed he DID believe that he was moving NM's clothes and belongings. I thought the £5k coincidence might have persuaded the jury that he was getting paid to move it and therefore must've known it was dodgy in some way. Still, the mate-in-pub conversation is hearsay, I would think. Very glad that he and DD are found innocent.

I wasn't surprised by NM's verdict but though the SH one could go either way. Personally I think the circumstantial evidence was just too strong and overpowered her denials.

Poor DG and AG - the interview with them is heartbreaking. (oh, and beesknees - can you understand the accents?!). Their lives are just destroyed. I really hope this doesn't affect AG's health *too* much, but I presume that stress can make any chronic illness much worse. Ironic how NM claimed that he wanted to help his mum out, and he's probably done more than anyone to give her stress and heartache, sleepless nights and worry.

It's terribly saddening. Not only have they lost a daughter. .. but a son too. In such tragic circumstances.
It must of put an awful strain between them (AG & DG) the death of a child is so poignant. We as parents always try to protect our offspring.
I wonder if AG is looking at NM in the same light. As in theory she's lost the lil boy she had 28 years ago. He's now not so little. And his face is plastered over every screen/newspaper branded as Evil. That alone must be gut wrenching.
It must weigh so heavy in her already burdened heart. She's damned if she Wants To Stand By HIM. (NM) and damned if she doesn't. I really can't get my head around what she must be thinking/feeling. Especially when DG said in an interview he 'hates' NM. 'He's (NM) just Evil. That must wrench her heart out. She loves DG. Yet her son did this obscene crime.
The rest of the family.. If not most of them. Feel the same as DG. But what about the Grandmother MM?
Maybe answers to some of this will come of light. I think the Galsworthy's/Watts and extended families and friends. Need to reflect and take time for themselves to 'heal' and the suffering and pain to fade..

Fly free with the Angels now Becky. God Bless your soul. Bristol's Angel 😇💖

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members