GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mother, Lisa Donovan, said Hoare was just 14 when the two started their relationship, while Matthews was already in his twenties, something she was not happy about. Matthews insists Hoare was 16 when they met.
Ms Donovan said that when her daughter was just 15, Matthews would make sexual comments and made Hoare do sexual favours for him if she asked him for anything.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-recruit-paranoid-pervert.html#ixzz3rDBFnJoP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

FFS You were her mother! If you weren't happy with your 14 year old daughter being in a relationship with a man in his twenties, then you should have done something about it. In fact, by law you should have stopped it!

And what kind of mother sits by and lets her daughter's boyfriend act like that, regardless of the daughter's age?

Is it any wonder SH turned out the way she did - there were clearly no morals or boundaries when she needed them during puberty.

Ah, you just reminded me. When DS Mike Courtier made his statement today, he talked about finding Becky's body in the shed. He said that by the time NM admitted where Becky was, that they ( the police ) were already close and he was sure they would have found her within the next few hours.

Which leads me to wonder - was there a tip off, apart from NMs confession ?
I think there was or the police had put KD under surveillance as his mobile number would have shown in NM's or SH's mobile phone records after their arrest. At the time the confession came from NM, KD and someone else left the house and were stopped by the police which I think were already watching.

Totally agree with this. If we don't question what on earth made these people act this way it will be repeated again and again. I truly hope NM and SH get the harshest sentences possible but I also have some sympathy for them, nobody would choose the lives they have had.

Exactly, it's not sympathy for the perps, it's looking into how we can prevent this tiny proportion of our children that get a challenging upbringing and end up combining and creating this one in a million combination that unlocked this unjustified murder of Becky Watts.

I'm 40 yr old 6ft6" man but cried watching the after court statements. The horror of Becky's death and the life she missed out on will haunt me forever.

I was surprised to see a verdict so quickly, but thankful that the trial is over. And glad that the jury saw what I felt I saw about this case (even though apparently they had more info to work with).

I can't imagine what life going forward will be like for Becky's dad and Nathan's mom, as a couple. They will have to have an exceptionally strong marriage to get through this over the next few years and decades. The pain from this will never go away entirely.

I think there was or the police had put KD under surveillance as his mobile number would have shown in NM's or SH's mobile phone records after their arrest. At the time the confession came from NM, KD and someone else left the house and were stopped by the police which I think were already watching.

Exactly, it's not sympathy for the perps, it's looking into how we can prevent this tiny proportion of our children that get a challenging upbringing and end up combining and creating this one in a million combination that unlocked this unjustified murder of Becky Watts.

I'm 40 yr old 6ft6" man but cried watching the after court statements. The horror of Becky's death and the life she missed out on will haunt me forever.
I think you're the only person so far on this thread who has braved announcing they are male :welcome[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

One thing that's tickled me a bit. A jury of ten women and one man, and it's the man who is chosen as foreman, er foreperson!
I bet there are wimmin all over the internet getting their knickers in a twist over that! :floorlaugh:

Oh I didnt know that - goodness, quite a surprise

One thing that's tickled me a bit. A jury of ten women and one man, and it's the man who is chosen as foreman, er foreperson!
I bet there are wimmin all over the internet getting their knickers in a twist over that! :floorlaugh:

I read that it was a woman?

ETA - Yes I've checked it out - all the papers say forewoman.

This reminds me - was there ever a 'parking lot' thread set up for this case?

No, I suggested it when Retribution was posting, but it didn't happen and then Retri left us :(

I have, however, asked Kate B about having a general UK discussion thread somewhere downstairs (the Parking Lot & the Jury Room contain threads accessible only to members). She thinks it could work so fingers crossed. Who's coming?!

(Kate / Coldpizza - if you see this - pleeeeease??)

I read that it was a woman?

ETA - Yes I've checked it out - all the papers say forewoman.

Definitely said it was the man. I'll have to check back and see if I can find where I read it again, but if it was a mistake they've probably changed it. :mad:

No, I suggested it when Retribution was posting, but it didn't happen and then Retri left us :(

I have, however, asked Kate B about having a general UK discussion thread somewhere downstairs (the Parking Lot & the Jury Room contain threads accessible only to members). She thinks it could work so fingers crossed. Who's coming?!

Sounds good - I'd miss you lot otherwise :loveyou:

Count me in! :)

I think you're the only person so far on this thread who has braved announcing they are male :welcome[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are more males on this thread, I don't hide it in my username!

I was aware of Becky's 'disappearance' from earlier than the WS thread started but I have actually read every post from the start until now. Some personal chords struck with this case that kept me hooked.

I heard the conviction news immediately on the radio today, was surprised like some people on this thread at the speed of the decision, but then again, it actually shows the strength of evidence that clearly WS's, MSM and SM readers haven't heard.

Sadly both DG and AG looked totally broken in the VT today, the added strain of their relationship to perps and victim is unique as far as I know.

Can I come please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member