GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet no apology. Sorry is the word he needed to say.

He would've been much better off coming clean and showing proper remorse rather than self-pity in the dock. He's lost everything anyway. The only thing I feel sorry for him about is that he'll probably never see his own child again. That is very sad, even though it's his own fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=3]Shauna Hoare was 'vulnerable' before she met Matthews[/h]Barrister Andrew Langdon is now addressing the court on behalf of Matthews’ girlfriend Shauna Hoare.
He said: “Shauna Hoare was herself, before she met Nathan Matthews, a vulnerable child.
“Then she met him and he had, on any view, a highly unusual personality.
“Had she not met him she would not, on our submission, have committed offences like these or any offence.”
The hearing continues but the judge has just told the court he will not pass sentence on Matthews and Hoare until 2pm.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-live-updates-6823671

Mark Bridger got Whole Life for killing and probably dismembering April Jones

Alex Pacteau should have got WL for killing and using acid to dispose of Karen Buckley, but didn't because Scotland doesn't have such a thing (thanks to Alyce for clarifying this)

These are the 2 most recent similar cases that are comparable that I can recall, not just in the killing but the gruesome disposal method.

It's quite a clever argument thinking about it..

No abduction actually took place...and keeping his reasons very close to his chest means the sexual element can't be proven..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They found him guilty of conspiracy to kidnap - judge said it didn't matter if it was successful

Well tough, he shouldn't have killed Becky then. He bought it on all himself. No sympathy from me. I think his barrister has got a nerve even asking anyone to take Nathan's situation into consideration.
Exactly. He had a choice. He could have stopped strangling her at any point. He chose not to. Everything he did was of free choice - and now he wants leniency because he's lost everything? And the idea that he was ever going to release her unharmed is pure fantasy and insulting to anyone with a brain cell.

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 34 secs34 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews' barrister says his client has already lost everything & thrown his life away - asks for this to be considered in sentence.

Thrown HIS life away? really? no words.... :banghead:

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 42 secs42 seconds ago
As for Shauna Hoare's sentence, her barrister asks the judge to consider if she is also one of Nathan Matthews' victims...

Exactly. He had a choice. He could have stopped strangling her at any point. He chose not to. Everything he did was of free choice - and now he wants leniency because he's lost everything? And the idea that he was ever going to release her unharmed is pure fantasy and insulting to anyone with a brain cell.

She wasn't strangled - she was suffocated. 40 injuries before death

jon kay verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 34 secs34 seconds ago
nathan matthews' barrister says his client has already lost everything & thrown his life away - asks for this to be considered in sentence.

*advertiser censored** off!

EDIT: Sorry, I see most of you put it much more eloquently ;)

It's quite a clever argument thinking about it..

No abduction actually took place...and keeping his reasons very close to his chest means the sexual element can't be proven..

We only have his word that no abduction took place. Could anyone actually prove that Becky was dead when she was taken from the house - don't we just have his word for that?

They found him guilty of conspiracy to kidnap - judge said it didn't matter if it was successful
How literal does it need to be to fit the criteria for a whole life sentence though??

He would've been much better off coming clean and showing proper remorse rather than self-pity in the dock. He's lost everything anyway. The only thing I feel sorry for him about is that he'll probably never see his own child again. That is very sad, even though it's his own fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG had commented that he'd also lost his granddaughter so I think she must already be in care and not coming back.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 7s7 seconds ago
Becky Watts' father, step-mother, aunt and uncle have left the court. #beckywatts

[h=3]Shauna Hoare was 'vulnerable' before she met Matthews[/h]Barrister Andrew Langdon is now addressing the court on behalf of Matthews’ girlfriend Shauna Hoare.
He said: “Shauna Hoare was herself, before she met Nathan Matthews, a vulnerable child.
“Then she met him and he had, on any view, a highly unusual personality.
“Had she not met him she would not, on our submission, have committed offences like these or any offence.”
The hearing continues but the judge has just told the court he will not pass sentence on Matthews and Hoare until 2pm.

Rebecca was the one who was the vulnerable child. Give me a break!

I hate these idiots who cry for themselves when they have to face jail. THINK about the life you ended morons. Think how Becky felt while she was being killed. Think about the life she never got to LIVE.

Mark Bridger got Whole Life for killing and probably dismembering April Jones

Alex Pacteau should have got WL for killing and using acid to dispose of Karen Buckley, but didn't because Scotland doesn't have such a thing (thanks to Alyce for clarifying this)

These are the 2 most recent similar cases that are comparable that I can recall, not just in the killing but the gruesome disposal method.
Jamie Reynolds got a whole life sentence and in his case I wish I believed in 'God' and reincarnation too Cause I'd give him a whole life sentence for his next 100 lives too

[h=3]Was Shauna also one of Becky's victims?[/h]Mr Langdon said: “Is it overstating the case to say Shauna Hoare is in one sense one of Nathan Matthews’ victims?”
The court is not discussing again whether Matthews and Hoare had a sexual motive in the killing.
Mr Langdon said: “When thinking about motive the submission we make is that it was not motivated by a desire for sexual gratification on her part.
“It was much more likely she was pandering to his perverted nature.”

She wasn't strangled - she was suffocated. 40 injuries before death
I thought he put his hands round her neck and tried to strangle her first? Then suffocated her? I could have got that wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeeter1031