GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
very very difficult for a barrister to make a submission for someone who has admitted zilch.

Jamie Reynolds got a whole life sentence and in his case I wish I believed in 'God' and radiocarbon too Cause I'd give him a whole life sentence for his next 100 lives too

LOL I presume you meant reincarnation? Damn auto-correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 15s16 seconds ago
"she played a subordinate role.... you are not going to sentence her on the basis that she took any part in an active killing" #beckywatts

"“Had she not met him she would not, on our submission, have committed offences like these or any offence.”"

The same could be said of NM. I think they enabled each other

[h=3]Becky family leave public gallery[/h]The judge Mr Justice Dingemans said it was difficult to accept Hoare’s evidence as being true.
The judge said: “She was either the unluckiest and most naive person in the world or she clearly knew what was going on.”
Mr Langdon said: “We suggest her role was likely to be subordinate to his.”

There are eight female jurors in court and they were all crying during the victim impact statement read out on behalf of Becky’s parents Darren Galsworthy and Tanya Watts.
Becky’s family have now left the public gallery.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-live-updates-6823671

Rebecca was the one who was the vulnerable child. Give me a break!

Yes she was. But, I do think that SH was a vulnerable child at 14 when she met NH.

I'm not making excuses for her, but a child who has been in care and moved from foster home to foster home, and has failed to remain within the education system is very damaged. A child put into care, then seeing their own mother go onto have more children and keep them is going to be affected by all sorts of feelings of rejection. And when that 14 year old is taken out drinking at the age of 14 by an older sister, is introduced to men, and allowed to have a sexual relationship with a 21 year old man in her own mothers home, then I think she was highly at risk and highly vulnerable.

That said, we are all responsible for our own actions, but SH didn't have the care, guidance, support, education or stable upbringing that every child deserves.

I've worked with children with similar backgrounds to SH, and from as young as 12, some of these children present as very chilling, potentially dangerous and do have that 'survival' instinct that means they lose all sympathy/understanding of those around them, and will hurt others to make themselves feel better.

I thought he put his hands round her neck and tried to strangle her first? Then suffocated her? I could have got that wrong.

NM said he had strangled her, but the actual COD was found to be suffocation.

I thought he put his hands round her neck and tried to strangle her first? Then suffocated her? I could have got that wrong.

In his version of events he strangled her, COD was suffocation leaving injuries around the mouth and nose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she had any injuries to her neck prior to death to support NM tried to strangle her. The stabbing of the neck with a screwdriver was post mortem.

I hate these idiots who cry for themselves when they have to face jail. THINK about the life you ended morons. Think how Becky felt while she was being killed. Think about the life she never got to LIVE.

So true, Tortoise. Cowards! Only shed tears after being caught. If they weren't caught were living their life as if nothing happened, deceiving everyone and making jokes about it in private. Like seeing 'who wants to hide a body' parody. Sick cowards! How I hate and dispise these scums that did something that never can be repaired!! Evil scum of the earth!

very very difficult for a barrister to make a submission for someone who has admitted zilch.

EXactly. She sits there unaffected by the emotion of those whose lives she helped to ruin, no remorse, no apology not even an acceptance of guilt via a guilty plea!

Jamie Reynolds got a whole life sentence and in his case I wish I believed in 'God' and reincarnation too Cause I'd give him a whole life sentence for his next 100 lives too
Don't get me started on that ! He'll always be a danger to females

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

[h=3]Was Shauna also one of Becky's victims?[/h]Mr Langdon said: “Is it overstating the case to say Shauna Hoare is in one sense one of Nathan Matthews’ victims?”
The court is not discussing again whether Matthews and Hoare had a sexual motive in the killing.
Mr Langdon said: “When thinking about motive the submission we make is that it was not motivated by a desire for sexual gratification on her part.
“It was much more likely she was pandering to his perverted nature.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-live-updates-6823671

Becky's victims? I think the mirror need to fix that quick sharp...

In his version of events he strangled her, COD was suffocation leaving injuries around the mouth and nose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she had any injuries to her neck prior to death to support NM tried to strangle her. The stabbing of the neck with a screwdriver was post mortem.

they couldn't say if the screwdriver stabbing was pre or post mortem

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 51 secs51 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare was pregnant at the time of the crime. #beckywatts

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 29 secs29 seconds ago
"she is not an evil child killer" says Defence lawyer for Shauna Hoare

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 1 min1 minute ago
Shauna Hoare's barrister says "she is not an evil child-killer". He asks the judge for an "appropriate" sentence. Hoare listens in dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro