GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's his own admission that he was attempting abduction, and the abduction only failed because he killed the victim. Can't see how that cancels it out.

Yes, and there was no direct proof of a sexual motive there either.

But if there are already 3 precedents I can't see why it would be a factor.
Ok fair point

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I actually had to go throw up. I've never had a case do that to me in all my time at WS, and that's saying something. The nerves must be really kicking in, the emotions are too much :(

I feel the same, Skibs. I have literally sat with tears streaming down my face all morning. When I heard all the jurors were crying it just set me off and I can't stop!

It's the most involved I've EVER been (since Megan, and that just wasn't in the same league). I really think I need to take a short break from WS after this.

I am really worried that SH (who I think was the leading force in this and is one of the coldest, most calculating and heartless

b**ches I've ever seen) will get 10 or 15 years and be out in what ??? 8/9 years ???

probably sitting there this morning Hating the fact that Becky was getting so much love and attention and wondering if anyone would write that stuff about her.

very very difficult for a barrister to make a submission for someone who has admitted zilch.

This is what I don't understand. Why is his stance not 'she is an innocent woman!' if she has not yet admitted any guilt whatsoever?

Just had a thought, not a very nice one, anybody think he attempted to rape Becky but failed to rise to the occassion, so to speak got angrier and killed her? Just going off about not being able to get aroused with the prostitute because she didn't 'want him'.

Not sure if this has been reported today, from the UK & Eire Database live report:
When discussing NM's sexual motive -
Defence: Matthews stabbed Becky 15 times in the stomach after she died to deal with the problems of body decomposition.
Judge: “Why did he split her onesie along the gusset
Barrister: “There were no sexual injuries.”
Mr Vaitilingam said: “The reality is nobody outside the dock knows what the motivation was and we are left with uncertainty about what drove this action.”
The judge replied: “Well, his explanation frankly was absurd - that he was going to take her to a tree and shout at her in a deep voice.”

This is what I don't understand. Why is his stance not 'she is an innocent woman!' if she has not yet admitted any guilt whatsoever?

She was found guilty of conspiracy to kidnap and manslaughter, and perverting the course of justice etc - he can't claim she is innocent now

When it was said that there has been a falling out in the family because DG is still with AG, I am wondering if they mean his ex wife TW and the Watts family are no longer speaking to DG and the Galsworthys? Tanya said Becky was the one trying to bring all her family together and she ended up not going to the public funeral because AG was there.

Not sure if this has been reported today, from the UK & Eire Database live report:
Defence: Matthews stabbed Becky 15 times in the stomach after she died to deal with the problems of body decomposition.
Judge: “Why did he split her onesie along the gusset
Mr Vaitilingam said: “The reality is nobody outside the dock knows what the motivation was and we are left with uncertainty about what drove this action.”
The judge replied: “Well, his explanation frankly was absurd - that he was going to take her to a tree and shout at her in a deep voice.”
It was the splitting the gusset comment from the judge that prompted my post. I wasn't aware NM had done that until I read that today.

Oh, cry me a river. How convenient that she's crying now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's rather inconvenient actually, she should've shown some emotion during the victim impact statements because the fact that she didn't and is only crying now, for herself, has made me lose any sympathy I may have had for her previously.

Happened in the case I was involved in. His counsel said at sentencing that he hadn't intended death but only serious injury, when the defendant had denied doing it and said it was someone else all through his trial. I can't see why the judge wouldn't leap on it and say - Ha! Has he admitted it now then?!

Judge: “Why did he split her onesie along the gusset?”

It's from the Mirror. Link is here http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-live-updates-6823671

Judge: “Why did he split her onesie along the gusset?”

Can anyone explain what the judge meant by that question? What's the significance, does he think it was cut off before she died? Implying rape was intended. *scratches head*

When it was said that there has been a falling out in the family because DG is still with AG, I am wondering if they mean his ex wife TW and the Watts family are no longer speaking to DG and the Galsworthys? Tanya said Becky was the one trying to bring all her family together and she ended up not going to the public funeral because AG was there.

Yes UK and Eire report that in TWs statement today, she stated "I find it very difficult that Nathan is Angie's son".

Haven't posted for ages and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what happened with the poster who claimed to be close to the investigation/an insider? I can't remember their screen name or would search.

There are lots of articles on the local newspaper website today, they are becoming more and more upsetting.

[h=3]Shauna Hoare still hasn't admitted crime[/h]
It would appear from her lawyer’s submissions, Shauna Hoare has still not confessed to her role in Becky’s killing.
Throughout the police investigation, she denied any involvement and maintained her position while on trial.
When told about Nathan Matthews’ confession, she continued lying, saying she ‘felt sick’ by what he had done.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-live-updates-6823671

I think it's rather inconvenient actually, she should've shown some emotion during the victim impact statements because the fact that she didn't and is only crying now, for herself, has made me lose any sympathy I may have had for her previously.

Yes, It's clearly not that she's too numbed by anti depressants or her tough life to be able to cry at all. It's purely that Becky's murder and dismemberment and the pain her family felt just wasn't something that upset her, whereas hearing about her own "tough" life did.

Can anyone explain what the judge meant by that question? What's the significance, does he think it was cut off before she died? Implying rape was intended. *scratches head*

Or ripped in a "neanderthal" rage?

She was found guilty of conspiracy to kidnap and manslaughter, and perverting the course of justice etc - he can't claim she is innocent now

I didn't realise that was the case - in cases where the defendant HAS been innocent and has maintained their innocence throughout, did their barrister have to concede their guilt even when their client is still claiming to be totally innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme