GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage we don't know exactly whose house is being searched on Cotton Mill Lane. Whilst Rebecca knows someone that lives on that street it may not be anything to do with that person or their family. So many people jumped to conclusions about Rebeccas family which were incorrect. Could be a creepy neighbour perhaps?

Also, we have some hints as to possible householders in CL. Do we have any idea about Wilton Lane?

Absolutely, Ironside. For all our sleuthing we actually know bugger all.

At this stage we don't know exactly whose house is being searched on Cotton Mill Lane. Whilst Rebecca knows someone that lives on that street it may not be anything to do with that person or their family. So many people jumped to conclusions about Rebeccas family which were incorrect. Could be a creepy neighbour perhaps?
Truth.

Shouldn't the arrestees have been charged or released by now?

I wonder if the searches have been done following information from those arrested?

I know - just there's been no announcement to that effect.

Could possibly be the homes of the two arrested. Well I guess just about everyone is thinking that. If it isn't their homes, I'm lost whose homes they're searching.

Maybe Becky did leave her home, maybe she went to the boyfriends house as he wasn't answering her texts (he was at dentist) Maybe she was hanging around outside his house, Knocking on door etc maybe someone who lives in same street as boyfriend saw her and took their opportunity?

Maybe Becky did leave her home, maybe she went to the boyfriends house as he wasn't answering her texts (he was at dentist) Maybe she was hanging around outside his house, Knocking on door etc maybe someone who lives in same street as boyfriend saw her and took their opportunity?

I was talking about the case with someone and I just said almost the exact same thing!

They should have been charged or released by now:

"The police can hold you for up to 24 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you.
They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you’re suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.
You can be held without charge for up to 14 days If you’re arrested under the Terrorism Act."

https://www.gov.uk/arrested-your-rights/how-long-you-can-be-held-in-custody

I think the police must have requested an extension but they're not publicising this as it would then be clear that they no longer think Becky is alive. I think they're trying to make it appear that this is still a missing person enquiry because someone who hasn't been arrested knows something and they're watching them and hoping they might slip up... JIMO

It's a horribly plausible scenario.

They should have been charged or released by now:

"The police can hold you for up to 24 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you.
They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you’re suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.
You can be held without charge for up to 14 days If you’re arrested under the Terrorism Act."

https://www.gov.uk/arrested-your-rights/how-long-you-can-be-held-in-custody

I think the police must have requested an extension but they're not publicising this as it would then be clear that they no longer think Becky is alive. I think they're trying to make it appear that this is still a missing person enquiry because someone who hasn't been arrested knows something and they're watching them and hoping they might slip up... JIMO

Good shout! x

They can hold them for a total of 96 hours if they get the appropriate extensions.

It's unlikely they would use up the entire 96 hours in one go.

They can hold them for a total of 96 hours if they get the appropriate extensions.

It's unlikely they would use up the entire 96 hours in one go.

Unless they suspect them of murder - or to be some how involved...

What if they're under 18, would that make the police more cautious about releasing info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli