GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 3rd they are referring to is the one on CML

BBC Bristol @BBCBristol · 35m 35 minutes ago
Third Bristol home examined in search for Becky Watts #FindBecky http://bit.ly/1ArZ85E

B_CkPHUWsAA5vPr.jpg

https://twitter.com/BBCBristol

Jon Kay @jonkay01 · 31 mins 31 minutes ago
Police are now at Cotton Mill Lane, Barton Hill, Bristol - as well as at a house in Southmead and the family home in St George area. 2/2
https://twitter.com/jonkay01

If the above tweet is correct it will be 3 properties in total

Jon Kay @jonkay01 · 31 mins 31 minutes ago
Police are now at Cotton Mill Lane, Barton Hill, Bristol - as well as at a house in Southmead and the family home in St George area. 2/2
https://twitter.com/jonkay01

If the above tweet is correct it will be 4 properties in total

CML is in Barton Hill, I think that is what it means, 3 in total. No?

What street does RW live on? They searched Wilton and Cotton Mill. Now another?

I just found it a bit of a coincidence that a search organized by family apparently (so untrained with no inside knowledge of the case), immediately finds a laptop - one of the vital missing items. Okay, it was found not to be Rebecca's, but I found it a bit of a coincidence that one was found - because as far as I am aware, people don't just dump their old laptops in parks, as you wouldn't want someone getting hold of any information that could still be stored on it (like passwords, bank details etc).

I was just wondering if it had been set up to be found .... even as a sick joke by someone. I mean, what are the chances of finding a laptop in your local park/woods/forest etc. I walk a lot, and I've never found one.

Poss just a stolen one that's blocked & useless to sell on so just chucked, I think there was some more items discovered but more focus spent on laptop due to pictures of it spreading through social & media

I just found it a bit of a coincidence that a search organized by family apparently (so untrained with no inside knowledge of the case), immediately finds a laptop - one of the vital missing items. Okay, it was found not to be Rebecca's, but I found it a bit of a coincidence that one was found - because as far as I am aware, people don't just dump their old laptops in parks, as you wouldn't want someone getting hold of any information that could still be stored on it (like passwords, bank details etc).

I was just wondering if it had been set up to be found .... even as a sick joke by someone. I mean, what are the chances of finding a laptop in your local park/woods/forest etc. I walk a lot, and I've never found one.

It could have been stolen and then dumped by the thief.

Aha, someone beat me to it :)

Laptops get stolen all the time, from cars, bags left unattended or left on public transport, house burglaries etc. The thieves don't stop and check if its worth anything or if it even works they just take them. If it turns out to be worthless it will be dumped.

We have no idea of the make of laptop that is missing.

The idea that someone would sneak around local parks planting laptops to distract the Police sounds like something from a James Patterson novel rather than something that would happen in real life.

Poss just a stolen one that's blocked & useless to sell on so just chucked, I think there was some more items discovered but more focus spent on laptop due to pictures of it spreading through social & media

It could have been stolen and then dumped by the thief.

Aha, someone beat me to it :)
I think it was just the casing that was found. The meat, the actual computer, was not present.

Sorry, it's all good. I'm all over the place myself! And the cat is trying to type with me...

I think the BBC also did, he had to tweet a third time to claify lol

I honestly thought at the start she was a run away and took her tech to stay off the radar given her troubled past- ie family issues and extreme shyness v's online persona, age etc. Worst case she was intending to do harm to herself- now I think otherwise. Someone harmed her. For reasons we don't yet know- online stuff, bullying, random attacker on a striking and beautiful girl... I don't know. Hoping that isn't the case. I don't think the family is involved- or close family- they are still posting stuff- I'm guessing they can't do that if in custody? We have no way of knowing the dynamics of her life- police being very closed- I get the opinion they are confident they know what happened and it will not be released any time soon. IMO and uneducated at best- I fear this case is further along than thought and possibly a plea deal on offer for a confession? I may be waaaaaaay off the mark. Feel free to slate my notion.

I don't think that's very unusual. Lots of people don't get married these days. Sometimes women keep their maiden name if they made a career with that name before marrying (I know married doctors and lawyers who still go by their maiden names). I have a different surname from my mother.
Also my father's wife still gets some correspondence to her maiden name because they didn't marry until she was in her 40s.
Oh I know that - I was merely mentioning for those people that are doing the address searches. ..

I've typed and said in my head 'Cotton Mill Lane' so many times in the past hour or 2 that now I've got 'Cotton Eye Joe' stuck in my head. I think I need a break and a cuppa! #FindBecky

Yes, she does. I can't figure out how to find these different people's addresses though.

We just wait for media to spill something.....
I used to be able to search online but I let my subscription expure due to a lull in cases lol. Now im stuck trying all manner of ways via google lol

Laptops get stolen all the time, from cars, bags left unattended or left on public transport, house burglaries etc. The thieves don't stop and check if its worth anything or if it even works they just take them. If it turns out to be worthless it will be dumped.

We have no idea of the make of laptop that is missing.

Respectfully snipped

An aunt mentioned it was Hewlett Packard on the Find Rebecca Watts Support FB page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli