GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An incredible number of people are reported missing all the time, the vast majority receive no media attention. Based on the population of Bristol vs UK total and estimates that over 250,000 people are reported missing each year that works out at roughly 5 missing people each day. Won't take many days before 2 of those people are of the same sex and age group.

But two people of the same sex and age group AND town? It had me curious, too, Flutterby.

But two people of the same sex and age group AND town? It had me curious, too, Flutterby.
Yes AND town, though Bristol is actually a city.

The average figure of 5 per day is calculated just for Bristol.

On average nearly 700 people per day are reported missing in the UK.

That statistic alone should compel people to respect and support our LE heroes

when we get to about 40-45 pages, a new thread is made. That's it.

Yes, that's very true.

Just something that caught my eye, was in the related threads at the bottom is about Oliwia Gogolinska. There's hardly any information about the case, but she disappeared on the 11th Feb and was found on the 15th. She lives in Pucklechurch, which is 15 mins drive from Becky, accordingly to Google Maps. Is there any information about where Oliwia was found? I'm probably grasping at straws, but it seems strange that two girls can go missing within a week of each other and so close.

My heart just sank. :(

My heart just sank. :(

There is a resemblance between the two girls as well. Both were doing the pouty lip pose on their facebook pages as well; a Lolita look. Online predator who convinced them to meet? Did we ever find out what happened to Oliwia during the time she was missing?

Kids and social media are a recipe for disaster

when we get to about 40-45 pages, a new thread is made. That's it.

Or if you (like me) have it set to 100 replies per page, it goes up to about 10 pages, and then a new one is made. :)

There is a resemblance between the two girls as well. Both were doing the pouty lip pose on their facebook pages as well; a Lolita look. Online predator who convinced them to meet? Did we ever find out what happened to Oliwia during the time she was missing?

Kids and social media are a recipe for disaster
I don't think it was ever explained in the media, but if you read her (Oliwia's) FB and other comments from posters, it sort of seems like she ran off with her boyfriend.

The only reason Becky's disappearance doesn't feel like a random abductor is because of the technology missing. Something was on those devices that someone does not want the world to find. But I don't think that someone is as smart as they thought, and they will be caught.

Reading your comment still made me pause, however. STOP TAKING OUR GIRLS, you F-ers!

Parents would be shocked to see how many random people actually look at their kids profiles when they're public, or even their own fb profile with kid photos. Simple as a baby being tickled by moms feet gets lots of views from people turned on by feet, true story. Creeps me out for these young girls when I see public profiles. As long as they know predators and understand what predators want and what they will do to get it. They know how to prey on young girls and can do it very well. Not saying it happened here but it is still a possibility.

Yes AND town, though Bristol is actually a city.

The average figure of 5 per day is calculated just for Bristol.

On average nearly 700 people per day are reported missing in the UK.

Your post got me thinking, Wallace, and I did a bit of research. I couldn't find anything that gave the answer out right...but I was trying to figure out about how many kids go missing from Bristol a day (on average). I used the population of the UK, number of missing per year and population of Bristol, to come up with the same number you did - about 5. But looking at the relatively low crime rate for Bristol (8th largest city in England) and applying the percentage of missing persons (nationally per year) who are children (55%), I came up with possibly a more reflective number.

So, with all of that, my guess is that the number of children ages 0-18 that go missing per day in Bristol is closer to 2, maybe even less. That number is still a whole heck of a lot of kids and could definitely account for two teenage girls going missing from Bristol in a week's time with no connection between them. All IMHO.

Calculated with the following...
UK pop - 64m (http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/uk-population/)
Missing adults - 110k (https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/do...-a511-b0d819792af1&method=download&Itemid=474)
Missing kids - 140k (https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/do...-a511-b0d819792af1&method=download&Itemid=474)
Bristol pop - 440k (http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol)
Bristol crime rates (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/crime-statistics-city-bristol-3217002)

Guys please!!! I do not come here to be unexpectedly faced with Maths! ;)

People seem to be transfixed with evidence on laptops and that BW didn't leave the house voluntarily or alive, mainly I think because at first there was suspicion that family were involved... but it IS possible that Becky did leave home as she'd planned and took her laptop with her to work on or watch movies on (my own teens never watch anything on a TV any more and just use their tablets or laptops) and she may have been approached/taken etc after leaving the house.

I'm sure the police will have checked all the local registered sex offenders.

I'm sure if the 2 arrested were known to the family then it would've come out by now.

Missing Bristol teenager: Another public search for Becky Watts to be held on Tuesday after two arrested. Read more: http://ow.ly/JMqcr

Guys please!!! I do not come here to be unexpectedly faced with Maths! ;)

People seem to be transfixed with evidence on laptops and that BW didn't leave the house voluntarily or alive, mainly I think because at first there was suspicion that family were involved... but it IS possible that Becky did leave home as she'd planned and took her laptop with her to work on or watch movies on (my own teens never watch anything on a TV any more and just use their tablets or laptops) and she may have been approached/taken etc after leaving the house.

I'm sure the police will have checked all the local registered sex offenders.

I'm sure if the 2 arrested were known to the family then it would've come out by now.

Its all the focus on the house and esp that drum being removed. Also, the police are allowing the public to trmaple all over the place searching, why when they could possibly destroy evidence?

I agree about all this compromising of evidence.
I believe that when the police allow these overblown searches, its a very clear message they're giving us.

Can't remember which report it was said in but DG at some point said the boyfriend had arrived at the house on Thursday afternoon looking for her as she wasn't replying to texts and hadn't turned up. They didn't report for 28 hours, was this because she had disappeared before and turned up fine and dandy a day or two later? Or were they pushed to report it this time as the BF arrived asking questions? I also note that none of the 'younger' friends have made any public posts begging her to come home etc which I find surprising as the younger generations are usually all over things like this..MOO

Have just caught up on the thread.

Personally I don't think Oliwia's case is linked to Becky's at all.

I get shades of Tia Sharp with Becky's case. I think yesterday's arrests will be preliminary to gather more evidence and we'll see a break in the case soon! MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne