GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up here after watching the news today. Anyone else thinking it could be a young female close to Becky one of the people arrested? Don't know why I think this and I'm probably wrong but just weird feeling right from reading the first thread.

Yes me! I posted a few up and said that my spidey senses said just that. Girls. :(

"between the "critical time period" of Thursday February 19 and Monday February 23"

The critical time period ends last Monday, where has that info come from? Is that the day the car was first spotted on Wilton Close?

ETA: That cant be right though

Car "parked on street for more than a week" Linky
Residents said the black car had been parked on the street for more than a week, but did not belong to any locals. So why last Monday?

Perhaps they are just covering all angles. They possibly know, for sure, that the car was definately there from the Monday 23rd and they also believe that it might have been there for a few days before the Monday.
But perhaps none of the neighbours can give a definite date earlier than the Monday - ie they are sure it was there Monday and they believe it was there before the Monday, but dont remember the exact date it arrived.

Is there an error here? I thought she arrived back home from friends at around 8.30 and LEFT at around 11.15?

Also, I've seen some posts saying phone laptop AND tablet and lots saying just phone and laptop?

I have read that RW arrived home about 8am, had a shower and then departed 11.15am.

The reports re phone, laptop and tablet are confusing..... most say phone and laptop only, but some say tablet as well.
What puzzles me re that is there is no mention of any kind of bag or holdall - ie, asking public to look out for a bag ? surely if it was laptop and tablet then RW would put them into a bag to carry with her ? or is that just me !

Just caught up here after watching the news today. Anyone else thinking it could be a young female close to Becky one of the people arrested? Don't know why I think this and I'm probably wrong but just weird feeling right from reading the first thread.

Yes, I have thought that as well - although the house searches dont seem to link to teens as both houses are occupied by couples with small children....

teams move on to wooded area

The search teams have moved on to a wooded area not far from the Southmead property.

Badock's Wood is five minutes walk from the home that is being searched in Walton Close.

A stream and a public footpath run through the centre of the wood before heading south to the local police station.

image.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rebecca-watts-live-updates-search-5257234

What puzzles me re that is there is no mention of any kind of bag or holdall - ie, asking public to look out for a bag ? surely if it was laptop and tablet then RW would put them into a bag to carry with her ? or is that just me !

I think the problem there is that nobody saw her leave the house, so it's unclear what she had with her. If the laptop is missing, the assumption is that she took it with her, but who knows. She could have had it in a carrier bag. The family would probably know if a proper bag was missing, but a disposable carrier bag would be overlooked.

I think what happened, and who she interacted with at the sleep over just before she disappeared is key

Coverage just live on itv+ 1 now. Just a recap of what we already know really. I think that black car is the key to finding Becky. JMO.

I just feel really confused by it all actually. In other cases I have read, I have been able to form my own opinion of what happened, and although it has never been totally correct, it has always been along the same lines.

But with this case, I just have no idea.

Why are they looking in garden sheds? What do they think they will find? I mean, they aren't taking teams of forensics in, from the article it sounds like they had a quick look and were on their way. What can be discovered by such a cursory look. At this stage in the investigation (when they have arrests and tents are erected) I can't work that out. To me that's more the activity I would expect to see in the first few days.

Bristol LE are doing a fantastic job aggressively moving this case forward. Praying for contined progress.

I just feel really confused by it all actually. In other cases I have read, I have been able to form my own opinion of what happened, and although it has never been totally correct, it has always been along the same lines.

But with this case, I just have no idea.

Why are they looking in garden sheds? What do they think they will find? I mean, they aren't taking teams of forensics in, from the article it sounds like they had a quick look and were on their way. What can be discovered by such a cursory look. At this stage in the investigation (when they have arrests and tents are erected) I can't work that out. To me that's more the activity I would expect to see in the first few days.

I agree...there are so many search sites! Within houses, gardens, industrial estates, sheds, woods...it's bizarre! Unless the people arrested are giving them the run around.

Personally, I don't think it's girls.

Statistically, how many of this type of case ends with the culprit being a teenage girl?

Can girls be vile and vicious and kill? Yes.

Do girls tend to kidnap, murder, cover up other teenage girls? No. Usually because a teenage isn't so likely to be able to overpower another teenage girl and if a incident occurred spontaneously, such as an argument turned fight etc they're not so great at covering it up ...

I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the 17 year old who is friends with Rebecca. She made a comment about kids being mean to Rebecca, but she was glad she never was mean to her. Like some have suggested, girls being involved is certainly a possibility, I wasn't leaning that way, but it sure made me stop and think, it could very well be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx